The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

SFA and SF3 are the height of the series (as long as we’re remaining solely within the standard SF-series)

1 Like

Used to remember that some people at a different city arcade used to come to our arcade and claimed to have played a beta release of MKII (Revision 1.1 or something). Remember this was before the internet was big so there was no proof unless you saw it in person. When the guy said that there were 2 female ninjas, I envisioned them to look similar if not the same to the female ninjas in the Punisher game. I wasn’t too far off thought!!!

SF5 would look good for a PS3 game. The game’s problem isn’t so much art direction as it is art implementation. Capcom took a lot of shortcuts with the finer aspects of animation, as exemplified with most of the cast either having plastic hair or using really bad hair physics. Alex is the poster boy for “off model” in SFV. Character stories are a set of 2D panels that Bengus clearly had to crank out as quickly as possible given how off some of them look. This isn’t to say the game doesn’t have its moments of brilliance, but overall it doesn’t push very far past SF4.

3 Likes

And keep in mind even at the time of its release SF4 was an ugly ass game. A 2008 title that stayed relevant for almost a decade. Staring at those atrociously textured characters, like Zangief’s blocky muscles. Yuck.

2 Likes

@ES_Curse Have you seen the Eagle’s cameo in the Resident Evil 3 demo? I recall you were a big Eagle fan.

I know Murata is a Megaman fan, but i’d love to see SF6 be based on his art style.
Murata-Ryu

8 Likes

I swear to the 4 gods if you’re cock teasing me right now… (opens window)

Murata does SF right

Got a link?

I noticed that there aren’t pictures of it around yet, so I took a clip directly from Max’s stream:

There’s also a store all about Bad Box Art Megaman.

11 Likes

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!
The question A2 is “Since you now can speak about a particular failure, please tell us something that happened during development”.
Nakayama’s answer is
『F.A.N.Gさまのコンセプトは、実は没になった新生◯ァ◯◯◯◯の◯ス◯◯というキャラだったのは秘密中の秘密』
"The secret of secrets is that F.A.N.G’s concept was actually of a character named “XXsuXXXX"¹ in the aborted NEW VAMPIRE”

So there WAS at some point a new Darkstalkers in development, but Capcom cancelled it…

¹ We will probably never know the name of that character, since Nakayama censored three characters over four… But even ryoredcyclone agrees that Nakayama is speaking about Darkstalkers.

7 Likes

Bring him back Ono!

4 Likes

Cosmetic DLC is important for the game, and that art style while aesthetically amazing just isn’t as marketable.

1 Like

Therein lies the REAL reason why we won’t get ArcSys graphics in SF6. Because that graphic style is incompatible with cheap, poorly made DLC costumes, which are, sadly, the only reason Capcom keeps making SF these days…

1 Like

Eagle: Moving up in the world!

1 Like

Hell yeah Eagle!

Awesome!

1 Like

WHAT?! Dude, thanks for the translation, that’s huge and disappointing news! Augh, we never can freakin’ secure the landing with this thing!

3 Likes

Exactly. And F.A.N.G is an adaptation to the SF universe of a new Darkstalkers character whom we will never see. It’s not the first time that Capcom recycles differently discarded ideas: I remember the plan for Lilith as an angel, that she was to use classic ballet moves… That they then gave to Ingrid instead.

2 Likes

Eagle moving to Raccoon city why he doesn’t show up anymore?

Eagle would have no trouble beating the hell out of zombies :slight_smile:

1 Like