The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Or maybe CVS2 takes place after SF5 and before SF3. Think about it. SF2 style Vega is in it. Same as Ryu, Ken, and Gouki. Then you got Yun. Somehow Eagle is in it too.

Fair, but all I am saying is that what the developers do automatically supersedes what the developers say. Bison is the last boss of SF5, and unfortunately they half-assed that. A new generation of players deserved to yell at the screen in horror, frustration, and futility like we did in the 90s.

1 Like

I just hope they don’t want the players to yell at the screen in the horror, frustration, and futility of G… :rofl:
Because of course the story of the game as it is now is incomplete. If they really want us to believe that G is the real threat, they have to develop at least a new story mode that covers that part. Unfortunately they already botched it with Gill beating G, but even without that we already knew that Gill was gonna be the next big thing, of course. I hope they will give G his time to shine, however brief.

3 Likes

Thanks dude, these are ever cool

Bison is another who i think got good part of his specials from HNK, will like if you can find some reference to japanese name too

Psycho Crusher

Head Stomp?

Skull Diver? (of course different body part target)

On general i think lot of Bison’s high jumping specials/style came from Souther’s phoenix style
I also think to remember something that remembered a lot Devil Reverse (but i can’t point who was vs who lol)

Have you considered check Sakigake Otokojuku?
Maybe there you will be able to find some SF related cool stuff

Not SF, but gave us Tekken’s Heiachi lol :smiley:

1 Like

Bullet dodged right there, even if getting Seth has not been much better destiny

1 Like

Gen’s apprentice, supposedly like a granchild to him

I like it better than Seth’s design. My favorite Seth design was the Kali inspired one with all the tattoos

I’m done with apprentices/kids, Seth was the best and most surprising choice for CE.

1 Like

The only good thing about Seth is that his redesign is one of the rare that is better than the old one. Granted, in his case it would have been difficult to do worst.

2 Likes

Who at Capcom has the tiny head fetish?

Gen’s apprentice has a tiny head on a massive body. The white outfit apprentice/Seth hybrid concept had a tiny head on a massive body. The “expanding epidermis” Seth concept ended up with a tiny female Seth head on a massive body. Someone on the design team had to really be pushing their fetish.

A fan of the live action Mario Bros. movie is my best guess. :wink:

2 Likes

I beg to differ, most SF5 redesigns -especially from an aesthetic standpoint- are better.

1 Like

What happened to my Gato rip off? Capcom really is trying to replace/transform every nonessential male character into a female in order to sell costumes.

1 Like

Let me rephrase it: one of the rare that is far better than the old one.

I would agree that, maybe Bison for example has a good redesign. Is the new one better ? Maybe, but it’s not that different.

But, I disagree when you say ‘most’ of the redesign as

• Akuma, concept is interesting, realization is garbage
  • Guile: worst
  • Ibuki: much worst
  • Dhalsim: worst
  • Juri: much worst
  • Ken: concept ok, realization is garbage
  • Balrog: worst
  • Sagat: worst
  • Birdie: much worst
  • Alex: worst
  • Abigail: worst
  • Blanka: not that different and a big missed opportunity
  • Sakura: arguably better considering her official age, but a big missed opportunity and worst than the existing redesign they had

I’m also not fan of fighters in suits, even if Cody rocks it, so I will add that Urien is worse as well.

1 Like

100% agree with the above post, in no way do I believe all the redesigns to be better than the classic looks. Some of them are valid efforts and others are yuck. Classic all the way.

1 Like

Funnily enough I go SUPER CLASSIC in SFV and choose Ryu’s story costume with color 09

1 Like

That’s splitting hairs in a way the Japanese devs may not even do. To them, the
“final boss” might just BE the “secret boss”, because it’s the boss you fight last.

I don’t think they did. He’s the clear final boss of the story mode. And that’s more important than the Arcade mode as far as I’m concerned.

Agreed.

Better designs:
Bison
Cammy
Ken(the in-game model sucks though)
Vega
Mika
Karin
Dhalsim
Alex(again, in-game model sucks)
Balrog
Urien
Sakura(not great, but better than schoolgirl)
Cody(not great, but better than prisoner)
Poison
Seth(still terrible, but slightly less so)

Worse designs:
Nash
Birdie
Ibuki
Juri
Akuma

I’m going to need you to go lick a chainsaw.

3 Likes

That argument doesn’t work as G isn’t the boss you fight last. He only shows up as a secret mid-boss in Arcade SFV, presumably playing off of how you’d face Q in SF3.

Unless Capcom changed A Shadow Falls after G’s release (I never played it again), you cannot call him a “final” boss there. Bison is the final boss that you fight, while you could at least make the argument that Gill is the final boss that you see.

Nor was G the final boss added to SFV as a whole, as both Seth and Gill were released after Gill.

You could try to argue that G was the “final” boss to be added to Arcade SFV in the form of a boss, as Seth and Gill are just regular fighters there while G at least is a secret mid-boss. But that’s so far of a stretch that I wouldn’t see anyone making that kind of argument.

Agreed mostly.

Yet, I’ll include Ken, Alex and Balrog to the worst redesign.

Balrog and Ken change was very random.

Seeing Cammy having a Bison like alt as what if

Balrog should had a Shadaloo uniform alt too

images (14)

Every one IN Shadaloo should have a Shadaloo soldier alt(not a Bison alt).

In fact I seem to remember Balrog having one in SFxTK.

2 Likes

So did Sagat IIRC.

Now we just need Vega to have a Shadaloo themed uniform.