The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Could Oni beat Bishamon?

Here is your answer

Well…if normal Ryu vs Evil Ryu’s appearance is of any indication, then Satsui no Hado fucks your entire body up, turning your skin color into dark brown-ish

3 Likes

We still don’t know the real feats behind of Bishamon.

Never.

Bison was always more powerful than all of them combined.

1 Like

Akuma is looking more like a beast/ogre/troll the more he delves into the SNH. I am definitely a fan of his early depiction in the Alpha Generations anime, he was a handsome young man.

Hey @Lord_Vega Thanks for keeping this plot guide project alive. I’m very interested in seeing the new changes you’ve made to the format and everything they sound really great. I can offer what help I can over the next few months.

I haven’t been as active on here as I’d like to over the past few months. SFVs new characters stories are cool like I enjoyed seeing that they added Gill and Seth but they just aren’t doing it for me in terms of interest in the story.

8 Likes

Chun-Li incoming. I need to solve a translation problem first; what’s the real name of her stage? The original Japanese is チータン広場 Chiitan hiroba. While hiroba is “square, plaza”, the real conundrum is that Chiitan. Common English fan translation (because there’s no official English translation for the actual locations in SFA3, remember: the English version just gave the country) chose “Zhidan”, but that’s because it’s the only result the Japanese online dictionary Kotobank gives. That would be Zhidan County, but the problem is that Japanese katakana mangles Chinese pronunciation to the point of making it impossible to trace the word back to the original. Even Japanese Wikipedia chooses another kana usage (ヂーダン Jiidan) for the same Chinese County. Searching for chiitan in Japanese-Chinese dictionaries gives 池塘 chítáng “pond”, 鶏蛋 jīdàn “chicken egg” and others, so the reality is we don’t actually know what the Japanese developers intended. I’m going to ask on twitter about that.
I also did a revision of Chun-Li’s moves for @Darc_Requiem and found out various interesting things… More on that later.

5 Likes

Alpha Generations and CvS2 are not canon.

Could be indicatives, though.

But who knows.

1 Like

SF5 is canon and it retcons its predecessors. Akuma is visibly and physically different than in SF4 - He is also more evil.

1 Like

And?

Agree Alpha Generation like any other eternal media is not a credible source regardless how others like Daemos in this thread push it.

However in the case of CVS2 there is a consider.

Why? CVS2 is the only nearest input that it’s Capcom themselves planted that can answer a posible what if question.

That is saying it is a possibility if Capcom would make a similar scene that would take place in SF canon or that event instead would happend in SF canon because it was Capcom themselves not other companies that only purchase a short time license deal.

Why you can consider?

Because there is no other Capcom official source work or reference that gives a contrast and contradict to that occurance in CVS2 that is the only basis reference. So that is another possible case.

Another thing to consider is a what if character that is SF4 Evil Ryu.

Wrong, That is the opposite, his not more evil in SFV his being more considerate with Ryu this time, compare to his SF4 and SF Alpha version.

Was Akuma being more hairy like a flower without a beard makes him evilier? lol

Why is Akuma being more considerate to Ryu in SFv compre to SF4 and SFalpha2?

Because he now is contented in fighting Ryu without SNH. In other words in SF5 he respect Ryu to fight without submiting into SNH/Satsu no Hadou.

Back in SF Alpha 2, Akuma considered Ryu weak, that he doesn’t deserve to fight him without SNH

In SF4 Akuma was pushing Ryu to submit to SNH at any cause to justify the fight that he wanted but only stop by Gouken.

It was even confirmed in AE SF4 endings

But in SF5 he respect Ryu choose to fight him without the SNH or the need not to submit to it.

So the idea of saying Akuma is more evilier in SFV is false his more considerate and respecting now Ryu to fight him in Ryu personal preference not in his own terms and condition, which was obviously different from Alpha 2 and SF4.

Take note Akuma all of his life has been wanting to fight something beyond human or a demon to equal him in combat, but he changed in SF5.

But for the first time in SF5 not in SF4 and SFAlpha2, Akuma has welcomed Ryu without SNH/Satsu no Hadou to fight him. Accepted him the way Ryu chooses to be himself.

It just shown Akuma in SF5 had became more tolerant fo Ryu while respected Ryu and accepted Ryu as the way he choose to fight with his fist to his fist.

That this progression will compromise to his SF3 Akuma narrative.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/takaNakayama/status/1230482890661621761
Laura’s Sunset Wheel references Saturday Night Slammasters’ Sunset Splash. The motion is slightly (?) different, though.

Slammasters LIVES.

7 Likes

The only external franchise I would consider a large amount of character to be part of the canon because of Haggar

1 Like

That, and, ya know, the fact that Capcom said it’s part of the SF/FF universe.

2 Likes

Satsui hado gives your hair a red erection. Thats if really…

3 Likes
    • picture of Evil Ryu in SF4 -

Gooooooooooooooo-lly. Honestly, I’m STILL tryna figure out why these blotchy shadows were allowed. WHY THO. If I wanted that, I just would’ve seen a psychologist.

1 Like

Doesn’t really show story line/lore wise in 1991 though. In 1991, Vega/Bison isn’t a clone yet (because the Zero/Alpha games didn’t exist yet). Everyone thought Vega is Thai or Thai-Cambodian (he looks in the VS screen picture though). At one point it was listed that he was the same height as Balrog/Vega/Claw at 6’4".

Game play wise, Balrog/Vega, Bison/Balrog, and Sagat are equal to Vega/Bison if not better (i.e. Balrog/Vega).

Ryu’s ending shows Bison and Sagat on the podium.
You always confront them in the same order.
The point of Sagat having a scar and a new attack (Tiger Uppercut) is to make him appear stronger than in SF1, and the whole point of having him as a third fighter is to demonstrate the escalation SF 2 Boss > SF 1 Boss.

They did the same with Akuma (Having him besting Bison is to demonstrate that he is stronger), with Bison in alpha (physically buffer, implied in story that he was stronger in alpha than in SF2) to always demonstrate that the new game’s boss was better than the previous one.

It’s very classic (KoF: Goenitz is the one who gave Rugal his power and removed his eyes, Orochi is served by Goenitz …) and should be expected.

2 Likes