The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

@mykka You deserve credit for this one. I linked the quote you found to Vesper Arcade. Thanks to you, a streamer that doesn’t care much for lore, made video about lore. He’s no @Shockdingo but I’ll take it.

6 Likes

So wait. What you’re saying is is that SF5 released in 2020 (in other words all of the SF5 games before CE are beta tests and alpha tests).

I mean Capcom didn’t release a finished game until SF5 CE…

Also noticed that Seth has that Rufus spin special or is it Rashid’s? Makoto’s jumping flip air kick overhead as well.

I dont even get it what totally was offensive with the response and the mistake to get so depressed.

I would even consider Ingrid as a total what if character but also the 1:1 version of her popular incarnation. If people midgardsorm want her so badly.

At vesper its not really a conspiracy because its based on official sources pointed out by mykka, so there is something there?

The thing is that all we got? Or they would do something special for G later in SF5.

I just hope he won’t end up as Q, they had potential to be separate. G is a very lovable character.

I was reticent to post this. With all the SFVI talk, I threw together a quick system concept. I also built a character concept around it. The former needs a lot of work.

Zen System

Summary

Z-Gauge: Replaces Super Gauge.

• 4 Bars
  • EX Attacks 1 Bar, Zen Riposte 1 Bar
  • Zen Arts (Super Arts) 2 to 4 Bars
  • Zen Trance 4 Bars

Zen Riposte: Basically an Alpha Counter B,DB,D+K or P. 40 Damage/50 Stun but can’t be the final blow.

• Every character gets two of them
  • Costs 1 bar
  • Every character gets a Kick and Punch version. One version leaves standing the other knocks down.

Zen Arts: Super Arts.

• Every Character has generally 3, Not counting air/ground variations, or Akuma type situations
  • All Zen Arts are available to the player. No selection required. Each art will have different use.
  • Selectable Arts always end up with only one being used.

Zen Trance: Enhanced State

• Requires All Four Bars
  • Permanent State (until the round ends)
  • Z-Gauge is depleted for the rounds duration
  • No EX, Zen Arts, or Zen Ripostes during Zen Trance
  • Properties of Zen Trance are not universal. They vary from character to character.

Wake Up Options

• Standard - No Input
  • Delayed - One Punch+One Kick Button
  • Quick Rise - Two Punch Buttons
  • Back Roll - Two Kick Buttons

SFVI Li-Fen Concept

Summary

Name: Li-Fen

Nickname: Jade Disciple

Sex: Female

Ethnicity: Chinese

Height: 5ft 7in (1.70m)

Weight: 135lbs (61kg)

B/W/H: 36-23-35 (91cm-59cm-89cm)

Hometown: Guangzhou, China

Appearance: Li-Fen is a fit young woman with long black hair and dark brown eyes. Her hair is braided and rolled up into two circular buns. The buns are behind and below each ear at the base of her skull. (Chun Li’s hair buns are above each ear.) Her hair buns are tied with two yellow ribbons that were gifted to her by Chun Li when she was a girl. She wears a coral (Dark Pink) full body unitard. There are two one stripes running down the each side of the unitard starting at the arm pits and running down her legs stopping at the ankle. Li Fen wears a collared and sleeveless peach (Light Pink) vest covering her bosom. The embroidery is white. It outlines the base of the vest, arm openings, and the collar. She has white sneakers on her feet with peach colored soles and laces. Her writes have two thick golden bracelets with large white rounded studs encircling it. (Basically Chun Li’s alpha gear)

Occupation: Martial Arts Instructor (At Chun Li’s Kung Fu School)

Dislikes: Car Rides, Disappointing Chun Li

Fighting Style: Kung Fu

Tone: Li-Fen is an intelligent and giving young woman trying to live up to her adoptive mother’s legacy.

Origins: Li-Fen was the only child of middle class family. She was a shy girl and took solace in fiddling with machines and other technology. Li-Fen once disassembled her father’s broken cellphone and managed to fix it. One day, on a typical everyday drive, Li-Fen’s family was in a car accident. Although she survived, her parents were killed. With no other relatives, Li-Fen was supposed to be sent to an orphanage. However, she disappeared.

Li-Fen used her technical prowess to take care of herself. Behind the anonymity of the on-line world, she was able to provide for herself as hacker. She found a lucrative opportunity on the dark web. Li-Fen thought it was too good to be true. She did extensive digging but couldn’t find anything to indicate something was amiss. Her instincts were right. Shadaloo so how managed to trace her IP Address when inquired about the hacking job. Before she knew it, Li-Fen found herself in Shadaloo custody. At their behest, she, along with several other hackers were forced to work on the Black Moons’ portion of Operation C.H.A.I.N.S. Li-Fen as well as another hacker, confiscated the pieces necessary to activate the Black Moons and sent the to formidable people through out the world. That act changed the course of her life.

Chun Li, an officer with Interpol, rescued her from Shadaloo’s base. When she found out that Li-Fen was orphaned, Chun Li took her in. Her mother died was she was young and her father was killed by Shadaloo. Chun Li retired from Interpol and opened a Kung Fu School. With the a sponsorship from the Kanzuki Zaibatsu, Chun Li was able to focus on training other offered or disadvantaged children. While Chun Li trained other children, Li Fen was different. Chun Li formally adopted her. Li Fen trained with her mother from that point on.

Over the years she developed into a formidable martial artist in her own right. Not possessing the same phenomenal leg strength as her mother. Li Fen modified her mother’s style around her own strengths. Actually managing to surpass her mother’s abilities with Kikoken. To her surprise, Chun Li made her the schools lead instructor. While her mother would help her out on occasion. Li Fen was now in charge.

Her Rival: TBD (This is more of a proof of concept. Not sure I’ll do any SFVI Characters)

Stamina: 975

Stun: 975

Stun Recovery: 22F

Forward Dash: 16F

Back Dash: 22F

Forward Walk Speed: 5.1

Back Walk Speed: 3.4

Forward Dash Distance: 2

Back Dash Distance : 2

Normal Rise: 60F

Quick Rise: 30F

Delayed Rise: 75F

Back Rise: 45F

Taunt: Li-Fen interlocks her fingers, extends her arm out straight, and cracks her knuckles. The recovery of her next Kikoken is reduced by 2F. Damage and Stun increased by 10

Throw Range: 24

Throws:

Nisoken (Twin Claw Fist) – LP+LK: Li-Fen hits her adversary with an upward right palm strike to the jaw that knocks them into the air and immediately hits them with a left palm strike that sends them flying away. 4F Startup 120 Damage/120 Stun

Rekisokyaku (Dropping Talon Leg) – B+LP+LK: Li-Fen flips her foe behind her and this them with a left axe kick to the head. 4F Startup 110 Damage/150 Stun

Assai Sokyakushu (Crushing Talon Leg Kick) – LP+LK: (In Air) From any jump, Li-Fen grabs her opponent, places both of her feet on their chest, and pushes off with crushing force. 4F Startup 150 Damage/150 Stun

Unique Attacks:

Enkanshu (Circle Hand) - F+MP: (Overhead) Li-Fen strikes with at her foe with a spinning overhead right back chop. 15F Startup 70 Damage/100 Stun +2 on Hit/-2 On Block

Harai Ichigeki (Sweeping Blow) – D+HP: (In Air) From any jump, Li-Fren pulls her left hand over head and performs a 240° chop that starts above her head slices beneath her. 10F Startup 90 Damage/120 Stun Causes Hard Knock Down

Kaisetsu Tanken (Opening Dagger) – F+HP: Li-Fen twist her torso 180° and thrust forward with a knife hand punch. 12F Startup 90 Damage/150 Stun +2 on Hit/-4 on block

Reikyakufan – (Cool Leg Fan) – F+MK: Li-Fen hops forward to strike her foe with a sweeping, 180° , front leg jumping kick. Goes over low attacks. 9F Startup 70 Damage/100 Stun +1 on Hit/-4 on Block

Youei Hane (Flutter Wings) – MP,HP: (Target Combo): From any jump, Li-Fen strikes with a right open palm, left open palm combination that causes a juggle state. 9F Startup 80 Damage/100 Stun

Zen Riposte:

Nibaisho Ouda (Double Palm Blow) – D,DB,D+P: Li-Fen pulls her arms overhead, thrust them forward, and with her palms together striking her enemy and sending them flying away. 40 Damage/50 Stun Knocks Foe ½ Screen Away

Senpukyakushu (Whirlwind Leg Kick) – D,DB,D+K: Li-Fen strikes with a jump spinning back kick. 40 Damage/50 Stun Leaves Foe Standing and Li-Fen +2

Zen Trance:

Ten No Ken (Fist of Heaven) ; QCF+3P: Li-Fen uses 4 bars (all) of her Z-Gauge is surrounded by a blue aura. Access to EX Moves, Z-Ripostes, and Z-Arts if forfeited for the rest of the round. In exchange Li-Fen’s boasts the follow offensive enhancements for the rest of the round.

• Enkanshu - 12F Startup 80 Damage/120 Stun Hit Advantage Increased from +2 to +3

• Harai Ichigeki – Stun increased from 120 to 150

• Kaisetsu Tanken – Advantage on hit increases from +2 to +4, Disadvantage on block decreased from -4 to -2.

• Reikyakufan – Damage increased from 70 to 80, Advantage on hit increased from +1 to +2.

• Youei Hane - Gains the ability to cancel into Harai Ichigeki

• Kikoken – Improved frames/damage 12F Startup, 42 Total Frames 70 Damage/120 Stun

• Kikoanken – LP (46 Total Frames 100 Damage/150 Stun) MP (48F Total Frames 120 Damage/160 Stun) HP (51F Total Frames, 140 Damage/200 Stun)

• Kikokuken – LP(90 Damage/120 Stun) MP(15F Startup 110 Damage/150 Stun) HP (18F Startup 130 Damage/200 Stun)

• Tensei Ranka - LK (13F Startup,90 Damage/150 Stun, Airborne 3F-12F), MK(16F Startup, 120 Damage/180 Stun, Airborne 3F-15F), HK (19F Startup, 150 Damage/200 Stun, Airborne 3F-18F)

• Tensei Hishou Kyaku - LK (8F Startup,90 Damage/140 Stun, Airborne 4F-11F, -4 On Block Point Blank, ¼ Screen), MK(11F Startup, 120 Damage/150 Stun, Airborne 4F-14F, -5 On Block Point Blank, ½ Screen), HK (14F Startup, 140 Damage/160 Stun, Airborne 4F-17F, -6 On Block Point Blank, ¾ Screen) All versions -2 on Block with proper spacing

• Tenshokyaku - All versions have 5F Startup, 6 Hits 180 Damage/180 Stun, Full Startup Invincibility

Specials:

Kikoken (Spirit Cultivation Fist) – QCF+P: Li-Fen leans backward at the waist, thrusts her torso forward , while extending her arms forward with open palm generating an oblong sphere of blue ki. Punch button determines travel speed. All Versions 60 Damage/100 Stun. LP (15F Startup, 45 Total Frames, Fastest), MP (15F Startup, 45 Total Frames, Fast) HP (19F Startup, 45 Total Frames, Very Slow) EX (14F Startup, 42 Total Frames, Fast, 100 Damage/150 Stun)

Kikoanken (Spirit Cultivation Shade Fist) – HCB+P: Li-Fen leans backward at the waist, thrusts her torso forward , while extending her arms forward with open palms creating large point blank Orb of Blue Ki that explodes on impact. Punch button determines startup and damage. LP (17F Startup, 51 Total Frames, 90 Damage/120 Stun), MP (18F Startup, 54 110 Damage/130 Stun) HP (19F Startup, 57 Total Frames 130 Damage/150 Stun) EX (16F Startup, 48 Total Frames, Crumples, 120 Damage/150 Stun)

Kikokuken (Spirit Cultivation Air Fist) – QCF+P: (In Air) From any jump, Li-Fen pulls her arms overhead, thrust them forward, and with her palms together creates a point blank orb of blue ki. All version knock down. Punch button determines startup and damage. LP (12F Startup, 80 Damage/100 Stun), MP (16F Startup, 100 Damage/120 Stun) HP (22F Startup, 120 Damage/150 Stun) EX (9F Startup,150 Damage/150 Stun)

Tensei Ranka (Heaven Star Riot Petal) – QCB+K: Li-Fen somersaults straight up into the and lands into a shockwave generating full split kick. The a shockwave travels from her front and back leg. Kick button pressed determines the startup, damage, and size of the shockwaves. All versions knock down and are -6 On Block. LK (15F Startup,80 Damage/120 Stun, Airborne 4F-13F), MK(18F Startup, 100 Damage/150 Stun, Airborne 4F-16F), HK (21F Startup, 120 Damage/200 Stun, Airborne 4F-19F), EX(21F Startup,100 Damage/150 Stun, Projectile Invincible 1F-23F, Causes Crumple State)

Tensei Hishou Kyaku (Heaven Star Soaring Leg) – HCF+K: Li-Fen hops into the air and then surges forward with a flying kick while surrounded by a blue aura. All versions leave the opponent stand, are +2 on Hit, and -4 On Block with proper spacing. LK (9F Startup,80 Damage/120 Stun, Airborne 4F-11F, -7 On Block Point Blank, ¼ Screen), MK(12F Startup, 100 Damage/120 Stun, Airborne 4F-14F, -8 On Block Point Blank, ½ Screen), HK (15F Startup, 120 Damage/120 Stun, Airborne 4F-17F, -9 On Block Point Blank, ¾ Screen), EX(12F Startup,120 Damage/120 Stun, Projectile Invincible 1F-14F, Knocks Down At Distance, Causes Side Switch Juggle State Point Blank, -6 On Block)

Tenshokyaku (Heaven Rising Legs) – F,D,DF+K (Anti Air) Li-Fen rises into the air with a rapidly spinning vertical kick. Both of her legs are illuminated with blue ki. All versions have 7F Startup. All versions do 5 Hits 150 Damage/150 Stun. The Kick button pressed determines the angle of ascent. LK (75° Ascent Angle, Invincible to Airborne Attacks) MK (65° Ascent Angle, Invincible to Airborne Attacks) HK (55° Ascent Angle, Invincible to Airborne Attacks) EX (6F Startup, 6 Hits, 55° Ascent Angle, Full Invincibility 180 Damage/200 Stun)

Zen Art 1:

Kikotensho (Spirit Cultivation Heaven Palm) – QCFx2+P: Li-Fen leans backward at the waist, thrusts her torso forward , while extending her arms forward with open palms creating a massive slow moving sphere of blue ki that explodes on impact. Sphere exploded on impact sending the opponent into the air in a juggle state.

• 260 Damage
  • 100 Stun
  • 2 Bars of Z Gauge

Zen Art 2:

Kibakusei Senku Kyaku (Exploding Star Flashing Air Leg) – QCFx+K: Li-Fen hops into the air surrounded by a blue and surges forward at blinding speed with a flying kick. The attack creates an enormous shock wave on impact before Li-Fen sails past her opponent.

• 330 Damage
  • 150 Stun
  • 3 Bars of Z Gauge

Zen Art 3:

Kikohyakusho (Spirit Cultivation Hunded Palm) – QCBx2+P: Li-Fen’s palms start to glow with blue and she releases a barrage of palm strikes that create small orbs of exploding ki. Her foe collapses face first to the ground after the assault.

• 400 Damage
  • 120 Stun
  • 4 Bars of Z Gauge

Reasons to be in SFVI:

Recently promoted to headmaster of her mother’s Kung Fu school. Li Fen aims to prove she is worthy of such an honor. A mysterious letter arrived to the school, it was address to the head master. When Li Fen opened it, it was an invitation to the upcoming World’s Martial Arts tournament. Technically it was addressed to Chun Li, but she was now headmaster. She would enteri the World Martial Arts tournament and show her mother’s Kung Fu to the world.

5 Likes

While I personally don’t wish for Chun-Li to ever be replaced in future SF games, I would say after reading your description of Li-Fen, I personally feel more at ease if it was Li-Fen continuing Chun-Li’s legacy.

Very nicely done.

2 Likes

She hasn’t been replaced. Chun Li would still be in the game. Using a new yet familiar character gave me more freedom but also has enough familiarity for people to see what I was going for. Middle Age Chun is still kicking hooligans in the face. I assure you.

3 Likes

More background characters are always welcome and is always a liking for me.

Very true thats why the concept of selectable supers should not be in the future.

It doesn’t offer variation like it originally intended in the design.

2 Likes

To follow up, I hate when fighting games replace an established character with a disciple that plays the same way. So when building out Li-Fen’s moveset, I made a conscious effort to differentiate her skill set from Chun Li. I also wanted to make it clear that Li-Fen was trained by her.

Side Note: I need to add this to her concept. Li Fen’s color scheme is based on Chun Li’s original scheme. Her primary color was going to be peach/pink in SF2 originally. I noticed Li-Fen wears pink in her artwork and remembered that Chun Li gave her Alpha era hair ribbons to her. So she has variation of Chun’s alpha look with her originally intended pink primary colors.

6 Likes

R. Mika: “Alright! It is time for some muscle power! I’ll kick EEEEEEEEVERYONE’s ass with mine. Get those cameras ready because I’m about to- WHAT?!”

[spoiler]
Seth: “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA… WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!”

R. Mika: “What are you doing over there?!”

Seth: “Kick MY ass?! KICK MY ASS?! MY ASS IS TOO MUCH FOR YOU TO EVEN COMPREHEND!”

R. Mika: “But, weren’t you a dude?! And, how many of you are there?!”

Seth: “Oh, you poor soul. Let me show you just how horribly misguided you are.”

https://twitter.com/search?q=Seth%20SFV&src=typed_query&f=video

R. Mika: “DAH!”

Seth: “Look. Not even biggest ass of Street Fighter can overwhelm me. Oh, Megaman X would be so thrilled…”
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
Megaman X: “… I’m done. I’m fucking done.”

[/spoiler]

2 Likes

Definitely hoping G emerges as a new big bad boss going forward or even in SF6 (if it’s not a relaunch/reboot which I would be totally fine with)

G is amazing and him rising up as a villain gives us the opportunity to get a cast of Alphabet-villains as new characters. New baddies was always my fav part of King of Fighters where every new story arc gave us entirely new villain characters to play as.

Iori/Vice/Mature
Chris/Yashiro/Shermie
K/Maxima/Whip (yes they’re ‘heroes’ in the game but are anti-heroes through the story until they full face turn)
Kula/Angel/K9999/Kusanagi/Foxy
Ash/Shen Woo/Duo Lon (again, anti-heroes)

This feels like something missing from Street Fighter since after the Alpha days and SF3, and that sucks.

The above KOF characters are more hits than misses and include absolute all-stars. We need more of that energy in SF (no, not talking about design style…just intro of new characters and the vitality they can bring to both a story and the game’s meta)

5 Likes

Tbh i like to believe there will be one last Season

I think if we get it, Rose will be of the group, and explain more of G’s figure… with possible events development that give G an important role in SFV post-asf story

Anyone have an idea of what Seth’s “Brutal Impact” comes from…? It’s not too obvious at all, unlike JoJo, Demitri, Makoto, Dictator, etc

G is too goofy to truly work as a villain.

He reminds me of Antonov.

5 Likes

You mean the move Seth steals from another Seth? I’ve seen people compare it with Jin’s Blodia punch from MvC. Don’t think it has any relation to anything though.

1 Like

It should have been this.

2 Likes

Very appreciated, :slight_smile: although honestly maybe I didn’t deserve it.

Exactly. That’s because I had the presumption that everyone in this forum already knew that Ingrid isn’t a goddess and never was intended as such. The problem is that… I never actually posted my translation of her dialogues in SFA3, nor of all the interviews in which the developers talk about what they thought; therefore, I only assumed that everyone should’ve read what I briefly resumed about her and believed it. That’s obviously arrogant and conceited, and for that I apologise.
I definitely should post a complete translation of all that, along with an article by ryo_redcyclone that summarises all that the Japanese know about Ingrid… That’s a character completely different than the Ingrid the Western fans know. And that’s the result of a bad English translation AND inferences from the first fans that saw all that. Not that I blame them, but that has to stop. We don’t think of Cammy as BISON’S LOVER anymore, after all. The problem is I don’t have the time to translate all that at the moment… there’s always something else to do, not to mention the fact that the amount of Japanese data about SF is immense and new facts come to light almost daily. For the moment, suffice it to say that the whole dialogue between Ingrid and Bison is based on a misunderstanding because she only wants back the catalyst that Bison used for the Psycho Drive, and Bison thinks she’s speaking about the Psycho Drive and the Psycho Power itself. It’s clear that Bison was unaware of the immense power of the catalyst, but where, when and why he stole that thing and used it for the Psycho Driver is never explained. Moreover, Ingrid uses WE and OURS when speaking about the catalyst, so she’s part of an unspecified organisation that sent her back in time to retrieve the object. No “true owner of the Psycho Power” and no “Sun Goddess” (the latter coming entirely from fan speculation, on top of that), I’m afraid. She WAS modified from the original characterisation she should have had in CFAS, but not SO much. Ingrid was never intended as a goddess. Yes, I know I’m STILL asking you to believe me on that… But I’ll post that translation one day.

On a completely different topic (and still speaking about new informations that come daily…), there’s another thing that recently surfaced that’s EXTREMELY interesting. The 8th issue of Famitsu in 1991

featured an article about Street Fighter 2 that still had some moves named DIFFERENTLY.

Ryo_redyclone confirmed that the same differences were reported in this mook about the names of the moves in the first stages of development. Three of them are of particular interest.

• Zangief’s Screw Piledriver was named ローリングパイルドライバー ROLLING PILEDRIVER. Incidentally, that name CONFIRMS the move’s origin in that wrestling manga I mentioned months ago (whose protagonist used a Rolling Backdrop, that subsequently became Zangief’s Atomic Suplex). Yes, I have yet to speak about that as well… GAH!

• Guile’s Sonic Boom was named 神砂嵐… Well, the furigana read the kanji still as “Sonic Boom”, but the actual reading should be Kamizuna Arashi (“Divine Sandstorm”). THAT’S THE NAME OF WAMUU’S TECHNIQUE IN JOJO. I almost didn’t believe my eyes when I read that Seth is getting a Wamuu costume. Talk about coincidence… But the fact is undeniable: Guile is a gigantic JoJo reference.

(the Somersault Kick comes from another manga of the artist whose name I didn’t reveal yet. Yes, the references are THAT many. I can promise you that’s going to be a BOMB.)

11 Likes

Yeah, look at Kano. He’s been in Mortal Kombat since MK1. I think the only game he’s not been in is MK4 or something.

A side note. Why did they make Kano Australian. Wasn’t he Japanese in the MK1 game. The name “Kano” is Japanese as well!

Yeah his very Antonov, How I hope he isnt a villain for just being villain or something that would be turn into Q.

His a lovable character already.

G is one of the most successful new characters of SFV.

I thought they made him Australian to honor the actor who played him in the first Mortal Kombat movie that passed away.

6 Likes

That’s just it. Why was he Australian in the 1st place for the movie?

But I see what you’re saying. They could have done that.