The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I wonder if his character story takes place before or after ASF.

1 Like

Amazing part is that they made him an M.Bison costume too along…

The amaing fix was new super of tanden engine it’s also reminence and a tribute to Shin Bison’s EX2 super Psycho Cannon

6 Likes

It’s likely that Seth isn’t a cyborg anymore or anything that is a physical matter based on the trailer introduction but rather an Artificial Intelligence already or just a mechanical processing unit( like a CPU) that looks like a brain. (Why looks like because it’s not organic)

That his new found body would be steal and overpowered by Bison later for the hint of a Bison costume.

The good part is he isn’t now a Urien or Abel clone stuck in speculation. They entirely separate it to more ambigious which is better. The only thing we need to find answer is how did he manage to replicate some of Urien attacks.

Gotta recognize Street Fighter V’s highly experimental gameplay.

This V-Skill / V-Trigger thing is very dynamic.

I still don’t consider Street Fighter’s “definitive” gameplay and I don’t think it fits with its essence. But good things can come out of it; let’s see how Street Fighter VI picks these things up.

Doesn’t objectively exist. There are elements that exist across each iteration, but overall each numbered entry is a self-contained era with its own spirit.

1 Like

Is it just me or is Seth stealing techniques from non SF’s as well? I definitely heard him shouting Ora with his multi punches Tanden Booster in female form, and Yamcha’s Spirit Ball is definitely his Tanden Maneuver in male form.

He even steals phrases “Die one thousand deaths”?

5 Likes

I don’t know. I think choice has become a part of SF’s “definitive gameplay”, from Alpha where you chose the ISMs, then III, IV and V with the Super/Ultra/Critical Arts and V-Skills.
But I don’t think V-Skills and V-Triggers will go on. They can turn into something else, who knows.

A female Seth?

I knew Seth was a possibility. Just not necessarily like… this.

My embracing of Soul Power will need to wait a while.

3 Likes

It’s a popular trend lately

Diablo

images-10

And Seth fits the most likely.

1 Like

Reminds me of Jivatma, which was supposed to be an alien mind parasite.

1 Like

So Capcom’s solution to an unpopular character is “add tits”, okay…

Jokes aside, it’s a shame this kind of creativity didn’t come through until the very end of SFV’s life. I wonder what the game could have been if Capcom was as bold as they were with Gill/Seth from the start.

1 Like

What are you talking about? SF5 is nothing if not bold. In fact, it’s downright audacious.

1 Like

I like Seth’s new gameplay. I still miss Yoga Sniper and his thousand kicks kick.

2 Likes

RIP sf4 clothes Seth, best version of the char will never be used (hope as code of nostalgia, but doubt)

Oh, new Seth looks well executed

Zangief got a fucking donkey kick, why lol, Abigail’s looked fun i dig it

New male Seth face looks a bit Jiren lol

Yall know I’m ready to dive into the quotes tonight.

Anyone want me to get any particular quotes up immediately?

5 Likes

Good call thought the same due gender ambivalence, Seth’s new gatling punches feels even a lil hint at him/her

Seth is an AI. It has no concept of gender.

3 Likes

It has no concept of gender because he grew up in Shadaloo and had his body mutilated and carved to become a perfect vessel for as long as he remembers. Seth is not an AI in the real sense of the word. He’s a extremely cybernetically augmented organism. Or was. Now he is likely over 90 percent machine.

But he keeps his male voice intact even in his “female” body. So he definitely has some grasp of binary gender but doesn’t hold on to it too strongly. Likely takes that from his daddy.