The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I don’t think those are canon. They would actually create several conflicts in the narrative if they were. I treat them the way I treat character win quotes.

1 Like

Style of endings that Capcom should retire entirely that only cause more question and inconsistency for SF for future naratives

sfexzan-7

images - 2019-12-14T105635.411

images - 2019-12-14T103213.213

images - 2019-12-14T091458.702

Because they also felt more better for crossovers not for the likes of street fighter.

From powerscaling and powerlevel rankings, moving to more interesting topics

I think it’s time for Capcom to see this in fruition to happen in-game even in just Udon comic like panels for SFV.

Chun-Li : " I don’t know what your scheme is, but I can’t let you harm small children! Where is that girl? "

Urien : " *How could you ask to see me for such a trifle thing? You must be a fool! I’ll give you the girl, but you must entertain me in return. Your legendary legs are said to have destroyed “that organization”.

I mean Capcom should atleast do a panel about this to compromise with 3S Chunli and Urien Rival Convo for SFV.

Something like

Chun li finally caughts up where FANG is and finally destroy the last remaining of base along with the Psycho Drive, while Urien sent Viper to check and she reports to Urien what just happened.

That Urien would took some of the Psycho Drive fragments and debris from Viper for their scientist to study it.

Too bad his role was more meant to be like just a tool for Ryu progression and a substitute for Akuma role.

3 Likes

The rival battles in the SFIV arcade are open ended enough that you could safely consider them all canon to some extent in my opinion (all they show is that two characters met and had a skirmish with one of the two retreating).

3 Likes

I really hope Gill is released tomorrow. Ready to jump back into my win quotes again.

5 Likes

Need that Bison shade against him badly. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Idk if i’m more curious on read his patronizing benevolent shit or the opponents reaction to him :smiley:

Particular curious on interaction with G

One thing for sure the quotes that will get me most hyped are Oro’s on everyone

1 Like

I’m really hoping tomorrow has some true surprises!

5 Likes

Seth - Rose - Oro

One of the 3 imho

Will be awesome 1 as S4 ender and 1 as S5 opener, but i feel it’s not going to happen

Finishing a DLC season with Gill and Seth would honestly be disappointing

Normally I would agree, but their handling of Gill has been stellar. This makes me think Seth will be handled just as well.

3 Likes

Idk normally i much prefer get more “normal fighters” than special/story/bosses themed ones

Like i will like see Fei, Abel and Elena to bring their good character design and JetKuneDo/Sambo/Capoeira to SFV, just like see Sagat or Honda IMMENSELY improved SFV cast to me

But Gill to me was a MUST in SFV, if one deserved to take a “special character” slot that’s him, plus i think Capcom did an incredible job with him

As for Seth i’m split

First i’m not so sure he will be next, like i feel he got maybe the best chances at this point, but i don’t think Rose’s are THAT lower

Assuming we get him as was saying i don’t have a strong opinion
I hated the imagery of SF4 ingame Seth: very weak design, eyesore stage, bullshit ultra.
Loser story while at it.
On other hand concept Seth (clothes design) with his whole vibe of refined character with sharp mind that visually try to distance himself as much as possible from his origin was interessing… too bad as we know execution ended up exactly like that: a “naked” rubber body lab freak that have a stupid cartoon lab as stage

So i don’t know, while i will NEVER have picked Seth to return (too many more interessing possibilities) trying to see the positive side of the thing they may do him like they should have done him the first time… but maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my side

If I would look back in my previous comment back in the day, I was already expecting Gill to be included is already, Not a disappointment since the cinematic mode already hinted him and we are going to SF3 timeline so Gill as the last is acceptable not someting ground breaking but expected.

I prefer this game to be more SF4, SF2, SFA vs SF3 characters.

Something like a Street Fighter Crossover but never happened anyway.

Other thing that I was expecting Tom but looks like it’s unlikely. Too bad Necro didn’t make it.

Lol the post was editted from thrice my originally quoted, Not something of adding details and clarification but something trying to be a different and opposite from original comment. TYPICAL, Good thing I never editted the comment that was pointing it out, Lol.

Too bad the structure and composition of the comment change was trying hard and obvious. it was it’s like someone saying he hates doing powerlevel tiers and hates it but does it multiple times. Lol

Poongko can make Seth great again in SFV!!!

What if it wasn’t? Will people feel bad about it.

Happy Bday Shinkiro one of Capcom well known Artist.

6 Likes

Happy Cap Cup Finals day everyone. Hoping the reveal will be something big and will ignite more Lore discussions for the next year.

2 Likes

At least one final decent standalone mode and a bunch of classic costumes other than the last character would be fine with me.

I’ll be honest, Capcom really fucked up with the way they’ve been doing things this year: Lack of communication, long gaps between releases, it felt very subpar compared to the homerun we got last year when AE was announced.

I think it’s too late for me to forgive them for any of the stuff from last year. But if they want to make up for it, they have to announce something bigger than just a new edition, new v-skills, and a new character.

Give us a totally new game. Give us more modes. Give us something us casuals will enjoy. Another Story Mode will wash away any sins of the past and put capcom back on top again in our good graces.

4 Likes

Probably coming. I just hope it took the good stuff of modern games

And learned the missed opportunites and the failures of modern games.

1 Like

Seth is back… and he’s a she!

1 Like