The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Wait…isn’t Evo this weekend? Possible announcement? Lol

Ono has already said he won’t be there. So I’m keeping my expectations low.

True, I’m just hoping that he’s at least got a fun video message or something, cause it’s been a drought :c

2 Likes

The idea that Japan was progressive by including Poison and Roxy is pretty funny to me. As early as 2012, with her reveal for Street Fighter X Tekken, Ono’s great idea to address that controversy was bring three hot chicks dressed up as her… and three fat hairy blokes dressed the same. So empowering! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

It’s more like the opposite of original situation lol

FF1 - girl, but USA can pretend it’s a tranny
USF4 - tranny, but Japan can pretend it’s a girl

I’m ok with it, it bring variety
Just like Birdie becoming black back in SFA days, or tanned-white haired Urien becoming his normal state in SFV

2 Likes

Going back to the cartoon.

Which was the best lead male you prefer for a SF2 based cartoon in modern times?

In the western cartoons we got Guile.

In an anime series we got Ryu and Ken’s journey.

In popular movie we got we got Ryu and Ken friendship.

What if it was with female like Chun li or Cammy as the lead?

In my TV series fan-fiction outline I have the series starting with Street Fighter 1, beginning with an introduction to Ryu and Ken during Gouken’s training for the first couple of episodes, then moving into parellel stories following the two: Ryu’s journey trough the world (combining it with a lot of Alpha 2 minus Bison stuff) and Ken’s participation in the American Fighting Tournament.

The mid-season finale has them defeating their bosses, Sagat and Nash, and Gouken’s murder. Following that Ken’s story gets overtaken by Nash and his investigation into Shadaloo, which is where you introduce Chun-Li too, the two stories ending with Ryu’s first encounter with Akuma and Nash’s murder at Bison’s hands.

The finale converges the three stories again, with all the fighters getting invitations to Bison’s tournament.

Season 2 is basically Alpha 3 but in a tournament setting, combining it with Street Fighter 2 for the sake of cutting down Bison’s ressurections to just one. The season is lead by Ryu and Chun-Li, but that’s far as my planning goes, since I want to flesh the first season out first. Largely Chun-Li (and Guile) will deal with Shadaloo and the Psycho Drive, while Ryu will be Bison’s ultimate goal in the first place.

3 Likes

Not really. The cool thing here is that Capcom didn’t have to create a brand new character just to pander to an LGBT justice-seeking crowd. They already had it; waaay back then.

Same with Eagle and homosexual fighters, they said he was gay way before this “representation” thing became in trend. And no one cared.

None. Ensemble cast, just like Young Justice.

2 Likes

Well yeah, that’s why I said I find that idea funny. They where just using sterotypes like usual, not trying to strike diversity points with people who aren’t intrested in their products in the first place or doing it out of genuine care for sexual minority representation.

Anyone remember Prototype Abel? :stuck_out_tongue:

Say whatever you want, it was a pretty cool design…

5 Likes

I want it as an alternate for Makoto… they’re basically the same idea but reversed. The Abel we got is miles better.

5 Likes

As for the whole beating up trans/women, its a fighting game, its not real life. Why are you even equating the two? Are you one of those idiots that believes fighting games and shooters causes killers and violent people? Im sure when Chun Li came around they also got the whole “omg they’re hitting women!1!1!” issues, but that’s the price of including minorities and women in fighting games. Nowadays nobody bats an eyelid that they’re hitting Poison in SF or Kung Jin in Mortal Kombat. Its a game. The LGBTQ community (of which I’m part of) loves Poison so I think we’re pretty happy with her inclusion in general. We dont all have to share your view on the issue.

1 Like

Not as cool as prototype Rufus.

Say whatever you want, it’s a way better design than Rufus. Do we really even need Rufus anymore since Birdie now fits the fat character role even better than him?

7 Likes

The Kareem Abdul Jabbar is 100% the best concept for Rufus. This one just looks like pimp Sean to me.

3 Likes

I never felt excited King Cobra if I’m being honest. Rufus has his issues, but he stood out to me more and was a fun bit of idiot fodder. That being said, I’m with @Dracu give me Kareem Abdul Jabbar in a fighter.

3 Likes

We need a black tall karateka would be interesting, with an 70s vibe.

I know Shu’nuff have been discussed many times.

Jim kelly

Vic Moore

Van cliff

2 Likes

Logan just pressed Matt Edwards on S4 characters during the Capcom UK WSO sessions, claiming that people believed SFV was over, there would be no more characters. Matt wouldn’t be pressured, just thought for a second, smirked, then said “The story of SFV isn’t over”.

Logan then semi-joked “Store mode 2 confirmed?”, to which Matt just repeated, laughing to himself, “The story of SFV isn’t over”.

It’s not much, but at least it’s something.

Edit: I slightly misquoted, but the emphasis and content is identical. https://twitter.com/emezie/status/1095472494495055873

5 Likes

That concept was still the King Cobra concept just earlier in development, the one you see here would’ve been the one seen in the game had it not been for Rufus. Rufus does fit the bill of stereotypes in SF though being his whole schtick was to be a fat ignorant loud mouthed American who talks too much. Though I think in terms of being a fat character Birdie now takes the cake… literally. He’s explained as being fat because he loves to overeat during his time in Shadaloo, his brawling style is still intact so it makes sense as to why he can fight. We don’t know why Rufus is fat aside from being a stereotype, and his fighting style is learned through watching Kung Fu movies, to which being that he is so overweight it doesn’t really make sense as to why he can perform such acrobatic moves as he doesn’t really come off as that sort of prodigy in the martial arts.

1 Like

i prefer by far Abel we got, dude had potential to be a great SF char

At same time rep Russian Sambo, MMA, by default Judo’s grappling (due Sambo) AND a tribute to a legendary fighter
immagine
finding the right pic he really got same fucking face lol
immagine

Too bad he got developed like shit, really potential to be very legit SF character, much more than the little girl one

Best proptotype Rufus to me was the Abdul Jabbar one, more original

Will have liked see him vs Fei Long LOL

I liked King Cobra too though
The breakdance-kung fu mix is something SF as fuck AND i think black players deserve a “cool” black character too

Only thing that made me legit hate his design was
immagine

Why he have to be so fucking “shoto looking”?
It’s like a plague lol

The gi is someway cool, so keep it, but the gloves + the belt gave shoto af vibe (despite the longer sleeves)
For the belt in particular they could have gave him the kung fu sash to make him different from classic shoto classic line

1 Like