The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

[quote=“The_Shakunetsu, post:3376, topic:586509”]They are really doing things more like cartoon way than anime and realistic on most of the design from SF4 to SF5 anyway.
[/quote]

What i meant is that she looks way too simple and cardboard-y, compared to such rich character as Chun-Li. It’s like comparing Geki to Vega, in concept and design.

Ono-san, please come back to Canada, so I can treat you to drinks, discuss G & Q, and talk Darkstalkers.

3 Likes

If your Blanka voice is as good as your Bison, he’d probably be up for it :grinning:

1 Like

Lucia is looooooooong overdue for her SF debut. Poison’s move set looks a lot more physical this time around which I like and honestly makes me think that Capcom developers pull ideas from this thread and implement them in the games. Honda is just Honda.

7 Likes

Poison finally looks like a tranny! Look at that man face

August update details

Vergil costume for Cody

SFA Bison costume

@Daemos The cape!

14 Likes

Bison with the cape, @Daemos shilling finally payed off!

11 Likes

The cape is now officially there, as expected.

1 Like

Ok, so I was here when the bomb dropped but wasn’t able to post till now.

Fucking shit, Capcom, how the fuck do you let this thing leak days before your schedule?? Was 7 months of silence worth it for this?

Honda, don’t care. Never was a big fan of him, but as I said before during all the speculation, he is still the best sumo archetype in a fighting game ever, the last representative of the og SF2… I’m never going to be mad he’s in. Maybe I would have prefered him to get his gameplay a little more reworked… as it is he’s just Honda in SFV, nothing special. Luckly, they didn’t botch his redesign. It’s actually pretty cool, though it could have used a biiiit more variety. His alts are all terrific, tho.

Poison… how the fuck does this character get in 3 consecutive Street Fighter titles? Considering this pack is a bit underwhelming too, the fact it includes her, who I kinda despise, only makes it that much worse. Her redesign is… meh. Not much you can do there… She looks fun to play, probably the most fun out of the three, so there’s that.

Lucia, well that is a lovely surprise! Never thought we’d ever see another non-FF1 character in a Street Fighter game except Maki, so I’m very happy to see her. Her playstyle looks a bit… basic… though I like what they’re doing with her. She’s kind of the heroes version of Rolento. Hopefully somewhere in the future we get Carlos, Dean and of course Haggar too, all in one game. However, her redesign fucking sucks balls. Just a generic cop uniform. Her original one was nothing to write home about, but it had that rough, street, 90’s style that fits Final Fight so well. This could literally be a proffesional alternate for Falke. None of her alts look great either, except the Nostalgia one… so very dissapointed in that.

The story stuff with Mad Gear looks very interesting. I’m really starting to think a Final Fight 4 might be in the works… it just got too much attention, development for characters… to just lead nowhere.

All in all, I’m kinda underwhelmed. It’s probably because of the leak too, since all this just kinda dropped… but if it were something special I wouldn’t feel like this I think. However, I’ll be honest, I did have some expectations after all this wait. Kinda like getting a glass of water after walking in the desert for weeks. It satisfies your thirst, but you still feel like wanting more…
Maybe there’s also more to it… maybe they still have some new mechanics to unveil.

What I’m happy about is it’s basically confirmed we’re getting 3 more characters, for a total of 7 this year. Sadly none of them might catch my attention, tho to be fair, Vega, Alex and Cody, my favorites, are already in… so it’s hard to get as hype for someone else.

Hopefully the game keeps going. I really think if they keep this up for two or three more years it might have my favorite roster yet… 21 more characters are enough to get all my other wishes in… so fingers crossed. The roster is enough to keep me playing this game.

4 Likes

SSF5 incoming.

7 Likes

Now that Bison has his C A P E, I kinda want him to have some Dan Supertaunt-like move
“Shadaloo Flourish”

“Mwahahaha, they say the clothes make the man, but those pitiful worms didn’t have a CAPE.” *flourishes his cape in various poses, if opponent tries to interrupt, gain 100% damage.

1 Like

Her face is unique, and she looks DAMN beautiful.

Also that Poison theme that @Shockdingo posted is fiiiiine.

1 Like

I’ll be eagerly waiting for folks to change their opinion on this in reverse a couple of weeks from now

That said … WTF is with Capcom and removing rekkas in this game? Karin and Poison lost theirs (Karin has VT but still), and I’m starting to wonder if that’s the reason we don’t have Fei Long. It’s a weirdly specific thing to cut out of someone’s move list, especially when it’s something that isn’t in the game at all.

Well, she got into the 2nd one because she was literally cut and pasted from the 1st one.

1 Like

She’s also bloody awesome. I was always a fan, but after the SF5 trailer I am in love!

2 Likes

Alpha Bison? Now that’s an announcement! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hopefully it comes with a cool easter egg.

I noticed they remodelled his face a bit to look more like the Alpha 3 Bengus art. Also his leg and shoulder armor is different.

3 Likes

SF II-V Bison, please

3 Likes

Poison has become Street Fighter’s Harley Quinn?