The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

There’s still hope, i think at least one beween Knife or Gorilla can be part of S4

If they bring forward SFV after ASF, NeoShadaloo will surely be a part of it

1 Like

Tom, Effie and Necro would be interesting.

1 Like

I think they’ll introduce a new final fighter

I’ll be honest, I don’t like Neo Shadaloo at all.

The idea that Ed is trying to resist becoming Bison, which he does by making a copy of Bison’s organization is dumb.

I’d rather see, like, a Bison clone support group. With Cammy, Decapre, Able, Seth, Ed and Falke.

3 Likes

Me I want them.to be the new protoganist for an a certain saga like how K Dash or Adelheild is in KOF rather than how Ash had been.

1 Like

I think the NS crew would have been better received if we got more interesting examples from the organization. Ed is conceptually just an angsty version of Abel and Falke is Ed but compensating for something (or lack thereof). At least you know they wouldn’t be afraid of giving knife or gorilla a strong personality when they already look like goofballs.

3 Likes

Delta Blue > Neo Shadaloo

9 Likes

no pls, only good thing of delta blue will be Abel, who does’nt need a not-canon group to be in

1 Like

100%

Being non-canon doesn’t make it a bad idea. And good ideas should be MADE canon.

Delta Blue is a cool idea that makes sense for Cammy’s character.

6 Likes

I dont get the point of Neo Shadaloo.

But at this point SF storyline stuff is stuck with the weird hard end the 3S story put in the series. Just stop making numbered series and give me that 3v3 game Cestus is halfway to making.

1 Like

No! 2v2! 3v3 is Capcom Vs.

1 Like

3v3 sounds more hype though. Imagine if Capcom pulled an SNK and came out with a 50-character Street Fighter title out of the box, with another dozen as DLC

2 Likes

It’s not about canon, we know it is not canon. But as a premise, Delta Blue is conceptually a stronger organization of Shadaloo victims and experiments, with Cammy at the helm.

Neo-Shadaloo is doomed to fail, and if the only purpose for them to exist is as a plot device for Shadaloo’s inevitable return then this is very poor and a waste of characters (You need only FANG or Bison himself to bring back the great evil!). If Ed and his fraud heavenly kings were actually legitimately terrifying instead of cutout goofballs I would consider them interesting.

Capcom doesn’t have a good record of writing “apprentice/next gen” type characters IMO. Mainly because the originals are always too damn good, and the younglings too damn puerile.

Anyway, the formation of Delta Blue should’ve been the resolution for Cammy and the dolls after ASF, and hopefully it will be in SF6.

7 Likes

Sounds cool. No idea why being a 3v3 game would be a requirement for doing that.

NS seems really unnecessary at the moment, Ed kind of only really exists for Bison to take over him and it seems after that he and his group will either die or be relegated to cameos.

Falke, while the best of the other NS characters, still looks more like an NPC than a proper character and her actual in-game implementation was a mess. Gorilla is too silly even for modern-day SF and beard is just boring.

Alot of people have also pointed out the fact that NS oppose Shadaloo yet dress+act like them really makes no proper sense and I really agree. Though one could instead say that it’s because Bison has already consumed Ed and is actually creating a discount shadaloo while recovering his strength, still stupid IMO.

For the stuff I wish SF doesn’t adapt from UDON. I wouldn’t mind Delta Blue being a dumping ground for Bison’s rejected kids, such a dysfunctional family!

I’d really love for the Gill arc to be complete as the notion that SF4+SFV have to lead into 2I has really damaged the avenue they can take with the story and with that out of the ASAP then it means that the staff can really let loose with the story.

I actually think the SF3 arc is in and of itself complete, if you take Urien’s 3S ending to be canon. What interests me most is what happened to the characters after SF3.

I don’t think the Illuminati tournament was an international event like the WW tournaments. There was no “RISE OF THE ILLUMINATI” situation. It was more like a clandestine invite-only exclusive affair where the Society were trying to filter the chosen people from the rest of the scum of the earth. In 3S (i,e, 1 year after 2I), every went around doing their own thing in the aftermath of the tournament.

Post-3S is the time for a new threat, be it Urien’s Unhinged Society or G’s World Order. If Gill is to return, I hope he isn’t the final boss.

1 Like

What if the Alex ending is the real one?

Doesnt he become the new Gil and usher in peace or w/e.

Can’t say I ever really liked the idea of Neo Shadaloo. Even the name is tainted. Like why use it at all? Although perhaps the idea of capturing Ryu is already ingrained in his self he can’t help it.

Look, i’m not defending NS plot or denying DB have logic :smiley:

But to me the plot is very secondary compared to get fun character designs…

…and to me Knife/Gorilla are waaaaaaay more fun potential char than fucking exDolls+DR kid

That’s really the thing to me, even a great Story will never justify to me get chars i don’t want to sneak in and steal slots

I’m not against DB itself as long it’s just limited to npc story stuff, but if become a way to push in lazy recycle junijuli shit, my opinion instant become fuck that

Of they used It as excuse to get Abel in SFV and the rest stay npc, they’re welcome

NS is weak story wise, but they have me curious due Knife/Gorilla and some other potential fun designs (even if i fear they will have stupid NS imputs)

1 Like

I will like if It goes more subtle, like Bison Is working/influencing him without Ed even notice and he believe he’s the one having ideas

We already seen Ed grow up with Rog but smarter, so he have a natural inclination for crime business… Him trying to take advantage of abandoned former Shadaloo base/tech/stuff make sense

It even give sense to the Neo Shadaloo name
Actually will be a way to gain also from Shadaloo’s legacy and have competitors scared instead start a brand new unknown thing

Even the all similar NS uniforms could be recycled and enriched from basic azure Shadaloo soldiers uniform

Will be actually fun if Ed see all as a fun farce, where he “impersonate” the new scary Big Bad Villain, whitout realize he’s slowly reaching the point where the mask become his actual face :smiley: