The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

SF5 new comers are more accepted as the point of their releases than SF3 and SF4. No contest to alpha since they were mostly Final Fight.

Another thing even SF5 new characters that are inspired and influence of previous existing character designs they didn’t end as clones.

My 2cents as casual/not pro i disliked only Ed and Falke for theyr imputs, and Menat as i hate that shit since Viola in SCV lol

I liked the most Kolin,Zeku and G

The four vanillacast newcomers are ok to me, no great nor bad
I like more Laura and Rashid, but Fang Is ok too.
I kinda like play Necalli but i feel as moveset it’s a bit uninspired, both normal or supersayan(wich i don’t like much)… It lacks a bit a “special” vibe a SF char usually have

Nah. Necali was interesting to begin with, what makes him meh to the majority was his narrative role because people expect something big with a filler character that we wouldn’t be seeing on wards or something that was meant to be “dispose” like Seth along with the SFV trailer that betrays people expectation because it depicts him on the high note and even situation among the rest in his first impression and presentation. but people doesn’t considered the future events that we already know a bit because of SF3.

We all know Necali was the better Evil Ryu spiritual successor edgelord representative but the thing is Evil Ryu fans are just routing for either a better Ryu, another shoto or Edgelord Ryu.

That’s why I don’t mind Melding Necali and Kage into one which I talked in the earlier post. Having only Kage’s Tatsu(which I really liked) and the Hado while having the rest of Necali specials moves especially his anti-air. Since both of them are discount “SF4” Evil Ryu which was the most appealing Evil Ryu in SF iterations.

For some guy like cestus who include The Wraith from Slammaster and constantly also mentioning him to be part of a future sf game wishlist but dislike Necali. It’s kinda meh and double standard saying Necali hasn’t have sf vibe on it.

I have been constantly pushing The Wraith even before Necali and Ken reveal, even before people keeps echoing him constantly. Comparing The Wraith to Necali, Necali has more SF vibe into it. There was only a very itsy bitsy of negativity when Necali have been playable in several threads that includes here and those weren’t about him as a bad designed character in gameplay or visuals, the real major negativity came after the cinematic mode was playable because of his story role and his later nerfs.

His the better edgelord that was underappreciated character judged because of the story, not being Ryu, not being a better Ryu, not a shoto and the numerous nerfs he suffered for being a S1 characters.

Kage was the fix of everything that did it right to compromised slightly to it’s target audience in related to edgelord demands in an SF game but Kage least compromised with the current trends of interest for those who really doesn’t care of edgelord characters and clones version.

I’m just gonna say the only ones I would miss are Zeku, Menat, FANG and Rashid.
Everybody else might as well not ever reappear in a Street Fighter game again, wouldn’t care either way

I would say my criticism will also be with Laura. I’m okay with her martial arts but the whole thing that bothering about her is the electricity things and charged attacks?

Why?

Why would she had that? She not a mystified being like Menat and Necali, She not also a Ki manipulator, she not genetically modified/mutation like Necro or even the likes of Viper that had elemental but it’s on the gadget.

Blanka = Brazil?

Blanka = electricity?

Therefore Brazil = electricity

So Laura = Brazil

Therefore Laura = Electricity

Lol

Is it because Blanka from Brazil therefore Laura should also have those electrified attacks?

I would appreciatte her without the electric moves and charged attack.

Correct me if I’m wrong is their something with Brazilians or Jiu Jitsu having a strong relative to electricity and thunder if I missed a thing in reference and inspiration for something to consider.

To be fair with S1 cast of characters we should consider a lot of their dislikes was being unusable later in other season because of numerous nerf and for the sake of diversifying selection.

Well, I liked C. Viper, Rufus, Abel (albeit he hasn’t reached his full potential) and El Fuerte (terrible personality but great addition nonetheless), and I hope at least a couple of them will be back for Street Fighter VI better than the SFV guys.

So your issue with Laura is the lightning motiff?

I guess I could see that. If makoto in 3S was just shooting lighting all over the place for undiscernible reasons it would seem sort of funky too.

This is the turbo nerd thread though; guess the Lore demands a reason.

:thinking:

1 Like

Canon reason for Laura’s electricity is she runs her fingers through her hair to charge up

6 Likes

Figured it was friction but PFFFT.

Funny enough, I like Laura’s look and her story stuff. The fact that she’s just a loveable big sister was a pretty fun change of pace for a character. her gameplay can go get dunked for how shitty it is.

2 Likes

Yeah.

in terms of character design and inspiration in the drawing board but not the gameplay related issue. Overall she a unique character that gives interesting diversity in the game.

I’m okay with the whole gameplay and also the lore and narrative role of her other than that itsy bitsy thing.

Fang with poison works really well not just by the lore but also the visual design as if even you never really need to read a backstory, look in any wiki or some nerd explaining why.

Clearly she IS because she’s a martial artist with energy attacks.

2 Likes

Yup, even Gen, without any visual energy expression is a(n expert) ki manipulator. The only one who doesn’t seem to be one is Viper and that’s due to her tools.

7 Likes

Per canon, Sean is the weakest of the Matsuda siblings and he’s a ki manipulator. Love her or hate her. Laura is fits the classic Street Fighter archetype. She’s a Brazilain Jiu Jitsu master. Like Honda is Japanese Sumo or Sagat Thai Kickboxer.

11 Likes

New SFV characters are better than SF4 characters

12 Likes

No, they’re not. El Fuerte, C. Viper and Rufus had a great gameplay.

Yes they are now go stfu

The only good thing about Rufus is him not being around. Count him among the characters that I’d be happy never seeing again. As far as SFV newcomers go, El Fuerte, Juri, and Hakan fit the classic SF archetype. Mexico is none for Luchadors, Korea for Taekwondo, and Turkey for Oil Wrestling.

1 Like

Yeah, such great gameplay that they combined them both into Rashid. A character who is as obnoxious to play against as those two.

#SMHNation

4 Likes

Oh we’re ranking newcomers? If we’re talking strictly about design and lore, then-

Great: Rashid, Kolin, F.A.N.G., Zeku
Good: Ed, Menat,
Meh: Necalli, Laura, G,
Bad: Falke, Abigail, Kage

Personally will add Abel and Gouken to that list

Even if not russian, Abel is inspired on russian Champion of ruissian Sambo, and dress as close you can get in SF to the martial art uniform. They even play on it having Gief calling him “comrade”

Gouken just share same notionality/martial art combo as Ryu

These 5 were all great additions to me