The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Are there any mangas that Nakahira did aside from SF2 Cammy, Alpha, Ryu Final, and Sakura Ganbaru?

In very interested in this, I’ve heard rumors of other mangas he’s done, so I’m curious if anybody knows

1 Like

Tbh simple answer to this is that SF3 is a 20 years ago game
I guess if G exist to “explain” Q, is a recent idea (from a different team while at It)

So that quote may be different today

Example Gill say to Ryu that he’s fighting with struggling soul or something like that, but we know in current SFV canon Ryu already passed that struggle (before meet Gill)

Or more simple examples

Urien tan skin-white hair Is now normal Urien, while metal version got black skin.
Pale blonde Urien does’nt exist anymore (good) aside as alt, not canon, color

Akuma now “evolved” into tha lion mane version, sf3 look will probably not exist anymore

Li Fen has been kidnapped and resqued by Chun Li, but by Fang/Shadaloo… Is possible this kidnapping replaced the SF3 one by Urien (will be a repetition)

There’s a mistaken assumption that the Illuminati doesn’t want G doing what he’s doing

I am saying that G is doing EXACTLY what he’s supposed to be doing.

Gill and Urien don’t need awareness of his actions. Gill is not the president nor the emperor and Urien is nothing but the head of a science division. Both are very important candidates but neither is in charge of the Illuminati. People seem to keep forgetting that the Secret Society is not ruled by Gill at this point. He’s certainly a very powerful figure in it, but he’s not the pope.

3 Likes

Some sort of mix of Laura and Juri? I would actually prefer that character to be in the game -.- Maybe for a Street Fighter set in the far future.

6 Likes

That’s Juri early concept art.

3 Likes

Both of those concept fighters are amazing. The girl on the left is adorable and the one on the right looks like a bad ass.

Yeah. Too bad they decided to go with the ahegao Rita Repulsa look.

1 Like

@YagamiFire
Found a interessing info for G’s theories

“The entire program lasts for all candidates until they are 22 years of age, at which point only only one of one thousand and twenty four children involved will be worthy of the title of Presidency. Presidents who show exceptional acumen are promoted to the rank of Emperor, a secret rank which is known only to few Presidents and the Council of Elders (@Shockdingo we just discussed that :D) , and is also considered the “Messiah”. All high-reigning titles last until the age of 46.”

Read the last line, in particular

If G is the current President, Illuminati rules will want him to retire (becoming just part of the Elders?) at 46yo and let one of the 22yo candidates to replaced him

46yo may be G’s age at the moment (design wise It could be)
immagine

Actually for how Illuminati control dates of births, Is likely the age gap Is perfectly calculated making that when candidates reach 22 the current President reach 46
So if candidates (Gill) reached the 22, it’s likely whoever is the current President reached 46 and it’s time for the replacement

Could be that Illuminati want (due rules) G to quietly retire, but G does’nt want give up the title of president of the world position (being #1 of illuminati make you the world’s #1), so he’s trying to keep It by an alternative road, by normal people/governments support

This could be a GIANT problem for Illuminati
The base of theyr indirect control of the world is that they can control world leaders

If a world leader, or worse THE World Leader (if G’s unification/globalization of power plan works) is somebody that perfectly know the Illuminati existence, plans, secrets, methods… well, they will lose everything.

They don’t directly own nations, armies or other forms of direct power, theyr secret world empire is 99% based on influence/control of those who have these things

If everything end up in G’s hands they have zero hopes of influence/control him

They will be in the position of play a chess game vs somebody who got a baseball bat

Illuminati: “Pawn on B3!”
G: “Baseball bat on your temple” ← Win

Asymmetric conflict lol

2 Likes

It is mentioned/strongly implies in SF5 by Viper that the old Guard of the Illuminati was recently systematically assassinated and Viper implicated Urien and Gill as behind the incident.

I would wager that the old SS president was part of the culling.

This doesn’t jive though because we see in 3S that Gill is elevated to Emperor and Urien to president and there’s clear rules for how that happens.

Who would be picking them if they’re already in charge?

1 Like

Urien deny Viper accusation of him being involved (and from how he speak neither Gill is behind that), saying that he does’nt care about these internal struggle and that he will eventually destroy the “new guard” if become a problem for him

He know it’s happening, but he is’nt part of it and does’nt consider it much of a treat

3 Likes

Couldn’t this actually suggest that it’s G doing something and Urien and Gill are unaware of it because they’re not high enough rank to know? Hmm

1 Like

There’s so really interesting stuff posted recently, gonna take some time to digest, but it’s making me REALLY hope that there is more story content for S4 after these recent discussions, it’d be a wasted opportunity to not build on G while the hype is hot.

4 Likes

I’m thinking about remaking this 2013 video.

But with characters like D’vorah, I think I could make it instead MK vs Capcom.

Cool artwork

12 Likes

SF5 retcons SF3 if it comes to it. However, the incident I am talking about references the old guard. Obviously everyone who dodged the assassinations supports Gill and his delusions or wasn’t strong enough of an opposition for Gill to want to take out. The fact that Gill was so quickly elevated to that position only proves that the Council of Elders are nothing but a bunch of yes men at that point in the story.

I also remain unconvinced of a GxIlluminati connection. I think the Alphabet Company will develop as its own general story arc post-Illuminati or parallel to the Illuminati arc which may or may not have ended with Urien’s 3S ending. Q could be one of the main protagonists of that arc.

Nah, don’t agree with that at all.

Those concept arts are decent but overall they fall into the generic design pile that don’t really stand out with anything.

The Juri that we got has become a fan favorite,got her own Ova was in cross over titles like Project x Zone , Shadowverse,has figurines and is used on SFV cover art.

It’s pretty safe to say that her image sells very well and is now easily recognisable.They did a good job.

9 Likes

Well, to each its own. I don’t like her ¯_(ツ)_/¯
And i think the alternate design wouls have been popular on its own, too.

I absolutely agree. Her look resonates incredibly well. The “Ahegao Rita Repulsa” walks the line of stylized enough to get noticed and be iconic, without being too busy. You look at the fan art, the cosplay, the merch, and all of that, and it’s clear people really like her.

To me, while those concepts look nice, if you took Juri’s personality and matched it that? It wouldn’t feel as right to me. IF you were going for villainous and or sexy TKD fighter then sure, but glowing s&m, cybernetic eyed, wants to kill Bison while getting off on bisexual chaos fighter, then to me, this fits in more.

The alt design to me says Juri if she hadn’t met Shadaloo and SIN. I feel that the concept works and could be reused somewhere else down the line.

3 Likes

Juri is one of those characters that her alt costume is always better. The costume with the tank top and windbreakers should have been her default :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes