The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

No news since last year. They seemed pretty adamant about making a new series either for Netflix or tv but the question is when? The makers of the last series seem to be keeping it under wraps until they actually get something going but the guy who does the music had already made a WW intro theme for the series.

4 Likes

@Dracu FTFY

1 Like

Oooooh, I can really get behind this. I’m digging this.

Hi there. I’m still alive, just playing a lot of RE2.

Has anything happened in my absence?

@Shockdingo I remember you bringing up making a video series explaining SF story. If you were to make one I would suggest doing it in parts but similar to how Zeltik does Zelda story videos.

A lot of Zelda story is marked with mystery much like SF. If we could make SF story videos in this type of format imo would be perfect as we can cover all the intricacies of each SF story and all the ties to martial arts myths and stories they have. Like how Ryu’s SF one journey is described in AASFZ as basically a homage to Mas Oyama’s alleged journey to fight Reiba the Dark Lord of Muay Thai, and how Reiba ties to Sagat so on and so forth.

It would be better than just one SF storyline video to explain everything as we can reference every tie in and reference to everything else SF ties into with the whole Martial Arts mythos.

5 Likes

Hey now that you mention Mas Oyama, have you seen the movie Fighter in the Wind? Its a 2004 biopic of Oyama, pretty cool stuff, the closest to “Ryu: The movie” we’ll ever get it seems.

1 Like

I can’t for the love of me get how this meme got popular one year after it’s inception.

Yeah i think they thought keep guile-hair/flag tatto/bare arms plus him being an USA soldier will have been enough to keep the link

But i think they may had understimated the importance some other elements, example he was a character that have great emphasis on his powerful kicks and that imho worked visually better when he got camo-pants and big army boots… it gave him “heavy legs”
Also yeah, we used to intant associate to Guile word yellow and army green

Personally i will have liked more a redesign that incorporated the classic one or at least part of it
I remember when i seen SF4 special ops Guile (the same that we got in SFV as CPT alt) that something in that vibe but more stylized could have been the new direction for him

I still find SFV Guile a good the design itself but maybe i will have preferred it as story alt

SF1 as a tourney also wink at the story of Oyama’s 2 young students, who were sent by him to fight various style fighters from various nations in a mixed styles tournament (iirc tournament staged by MO himself)
It got also an american boxer, an heavy grappler and a 2 or 3 MT fighters
One of the two disciples (Yamazaki) won the tournament defeating a MT fighter
After that he was called the genius of karate and the dragon of kyokushinkai

Basically in some inspiration Oyama can be Ryu but in some others is Gouken lol

This one’s different than last years meme, basically someone found some actor interviews from the live-action film.

Agree multiple chapter would be interesting

Have watch it before. Yes it was interesting.

I actually like Ken’s default outfit in SF5 just not his face and hair in game 3D model .

6 Likes

That kinda rare, most that I know that were really Ken fans and collectors, didn’t like change.

I really wish there was a Street Fighter type of game. One where it would go through the entire story (at least from SF1-Alpha-2-3-4) as a retelling of sorts. The supplemental material and comics are nice, but I really want this in a game format.

Ever wondered how Ryu’s path looked from start to present? Ever wondered how stylish Ken looked as the U.S Champion? Ever wondered how the path of carnage began for Akuma? Bison’s dive into the darkside? Chun-Li’s mastery of her Lightning Legs? Guile’s obsession with revenge nearly destroying his family? Dhalsim’s path to enlightenment? Cammy’s bloodstained past as a Doll? Blanka’s rise to the King of the Jungle? How Honda was able to put Sumo on the map as one of the most powerful arts? Zangief’s growing pains into the Red Cyclone? Balrog’s “humble beginnings” in the ring? Why Vega believes he’ll acquire ultimate beauty through slashing ugliness? Sagat’s dominance over the world prior to meeting Ryu? That’s not all!

Gen’s days as an assassin in the dark underworld of Hong Kong and his connection with Chun-Li’s father? The moment when Rose was bestowed the mystical Soul Power and vowed to extinguish Psycho Power for good? Charlie Nash’s endless battle with the dreadful organization know as Shadaloo? Ryu’s struggle with the Satsui no Hado became more manageable thanks to a certain school girl? Is Rolento’s utopia a feasible goal with his strict requirements?

Just how did Alex take down Gill? Why did the fate of two brothers intersect the moment they gained godlike power? Did Twelve ever catch up to Necro? Oro wants to teach the “Master of Fists” a lesson? Will Sean ever stop being scared of his sister? How does Dudley water plants with his gloves and is he a better boxer than Balrog? Did Ibuki flunk Ninja School? Was Makoto able to restore the pride of her beloved art? Does friendship and rhythm beat raw power?

What kind of mother is Crimson Viper? Juri likes to stomp on people in her free time, but she loves to play a certain sport involving kicking, too? Out of all of the Seth’s, only one of them was able to develop a mind of his own? All that and much much more will be uncovered in Street Fighter Chronicles.

Everyone’s story will be told here from beginning to present, or in some cases, end. Maybe some of the decisions you make might have an influence on how things will play out as well!"

I need this.

7 Likes

that’s an amazing compilation something that will tie-in loose ends.

1 Like

Simply Capcom doesn’t want to spend much money hiring writers.

People don’t usually buy a fighting game to have an intrincate story.

It reminds me how much of an overwritten and absurdist bore are games likes Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. Sorry; had to say it.

NRS games sell because of this type of thing.

3 Likes

They have writers but they probably have different priorities

It’s different. Gotta say, it’s very different.

Western storytelling is all about telling everything and explaining everything perfectly.

Easterns favor filling spaces with imagination. Street Fighter’s storyline and characters are just some brush strokes and that’s everything it’s needed.

Honestily, trying to completely explain concepts like the Dark Hadou and many other martial arts Eastern philosophy concepts would be really tricky for an international audience. Can’t see it working.

And as for the Street Fighter series… it’s not a well planned storyline or universe. It’s reactionary. It doesn’t have a creator. It’s been managed by half a dozen directors/producers/story writers that come and go, who are given the creative freedom to adapt with the times. We can’t expect a consistent, non-contradictory plot or timeline. That’s simply not Street Fighter.

Maybe (just maybe) it could be done of sorts but it’d be a titanic labour and Capcom doesn’t want to pay for that (and I don’t think much of the audience would be interested).

2 Likes

The game is what it matters in Street Fighter. The hardest proof is that sometimes there are characters that aren’t supposed to be there, but the game directors wanted them to contribute to the gameplay in some form.

Sadly, writers have to work with that, and trying to give everyone a part in the plot would be really difficult. We have some terrible stuff in A Shadow Falls, like Birdie being Karin’s guest, which I think doesn’t make sense in any form (couldn’t it be Sodom?).

1 Like