The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Tbh i like to believe there will be one last Season

I think if we get it, Rose will be of the group, and explain more of G’s figure… with possible events development that give G an important role in SFV post-asf story

Anyone have an idea of what Seth’s “Brutal Impact” comes from…? It’s not too obvious at all, unlike JoJo, Demitri, Makoto, Dictator, etc

G is too goofy to truly work as a villain.

He reminds me of Antonov.

5 Likes

You mean the move Seth steals from another Seth? I’ve seen people compare it with Jin’s Blodia punch from MvC. Don’t think it has any relation to anything though.

1 Like

It should have been this.

2 Likes

Very appreciated, :slight_smile: although honestly maybe I didn’t deserve it.

Exactly. That’s because I had the presumption that everyone in this forum already knew that Ingrid isn’t a goddess and never was intended as such. The problem is that… I never actually posted my translation of her dialogues in SFA3, nor of all the interviews in which the developers talk about what they thought; therefore, I only assumed that everyone should’ve read what I briefly resumed about her and believed it. That’s obviously arrogant and conceited, and for that I apologise.
I definitely should post a complete translation of all that, along with an article by ryo_redcyclone that summarises all that the Japanese know about Ingrid… That’s a character completely different than the Ingrid the Western fans know. And that’s the result of a bad English translation AND inferences from the first fans that saw all that. Not that I blame them, but that has to stop. We don’t think of Cammy as BISON’S LOVER anymore, after all. The problem is I don’t have the time to translate all that at the moment… there’s always something else to do, not to mention the fact that the amount of Japanese data about SF is immense and new facts come to light almost daily. For the moment, suffice it to say that the whole dialogue between Ingrid and Bison is based on a misunderstanding because she only wants back the catalyst that Bison used for the Psycho Drive, and Bison thinks she’s speaking about the Psycho Drive and the Psycho Power itself. It’s clear that Bison was unaware of the immense power of the catalyst, but where, when and why he stole that thing and used it for the Psycho Driver is never explained. Moreover, Ingrid uses WE and OURS when speaking about the catalyst, so she’s part of an unspecified organisation that sent her back in time to retrieve the object. No “true owner of the Psycho Power” and no “Sun Goddess” (the latter coming entirely from fan speculation, on top of that), I’m afraid. She WAS modified from the original characterisation she should have had in CFAS, but not SO much. Ingrid was never intended as a goddess. Yes, I know I’m STILL asking you to believe me on that… But I’ll post that translation one day.

On a completely different topic (and still speaking about new informations that come daily…), there’s another thing that recently surfaced that’s EXTREMELY interesting. The 8th issue of Famitsu in 1991

featured an article about Street Fighter 2 that still had some moves named DIFFERENTLY.

Ryo_redyclone confirmed that the same differences were reported in this mook about the names of the moves in the first stages of development. Three of them are of particular interest.

• Zangief’s Screw Piledriver was named ローリングパイルドライバー ROLLING PILEDRIVER. Incidentally, that name CONFIRMS the move’s origin in that wrestling manga I mentioned months ago (whose protagonist used a Rolling Backdrop, that subsequently became Zangief’s Atomic Suplex). Yes, I have yet to speak about that as well… GAH!

• Guile’s Sonic Boom was named 神砂嵐… Well, the furigana read the kanji still as “Sonic Boom”, but the actual reading should be Kamizuna Arashi (“Divine Sandstorm”). THAT’S THE NAME OF WAMUU’S TECHNIQUE IN JOJO. I almost didn’t believe my eyes when I read that Seth is getting a Wamuu costume. Talk about coincidence… But the fact is undeniable: Guile is a gigantic JoJo reference.

(the Somersault Kick comes from another manga of the artist whose name I didn’t reveal yet. Yes, the references are THAT many. I can promise you that’s going to be a BOMB.)

11 Likes

Yeah, look at Kano. He’s been in Mortal Kombat since MK1. I think the only game he’s not been in is MK4 or something.

A side note. Why did they make Kano Australian. Wasn’t he Japanese in the MK1 game. The name “Kano” is Japanese as well!

Yeah his very Antonov, How I hope he isnt a villain for just being villain or something that would be turn into Q.

His a lovable character already.

G is one of the most successful new characters of SFV.

I thought they made him Australian to honor the actor who played him in the first Mortal Kombat movie that passed away.

6 Likes

That’s just it. Why was he Australian in the 1st place for the movie?

But I see what you’re saying. They could have done that.

Kano was originally Japanese-American, that is also why he looked caucasan in the original games.

I think you are right. He’s been Aussie ever since the MK movie.

2 Likes

This. He’s a fucking dork. I don’t know why anyone would be excited for him to be a final boss.

6 Likes

Agree on this, G okay to be a final boss but not a main scheming antagonistic villain. He really had the Antonov vibe.

His better to stay as G in the future than being sacrifice to be Q.

2 Likes

We don’t know enough about him to really make that assessment. Some of the best villians have “goofy” or “friendly” facades to hide their true demeanor.

3 Likes

Are you trying to Obito me? Don’t you try and Obito me!

2 Likes

I want him to be reserve and separate to Q for the sake of him being interesting and instantly lovable character.

Nash was a waste potential but he could comeback as one to the another twelve clone that manage to keep and had his memories back, a cause of a glitch or something in the secret society lab. The fully change himself as Nash again as what he looks like when he was alive due to having twelve like abilities.

But in the case of G being turned in to Q there is no easy reversal unless G was being Q was a puppet is controlled via mask but the thing is thet would overwrite each other back and fort for the sake of them reappearing. Yet G and Q isnt a clone of each other interms of gameplay. Its a poor choice of merging their mythos in a single persona that they can’t exist independently to each other. Changing and reversing them back and fort each new title is also terrible for the story progression and also for his character.

It’s down to a few possible factors:
Aussie’s were huge in the 80s-90s so American’s couldn’t get enough of them

They cast a wide net for casting and he just crushed it so they hired him

They just wanted to do something different

Really? I never knew that, I always assumed he was just an American thug that took on a Japanese alias due to the thematic element of the Black Dragon.

Because you lack the taste of GOLDEN DELIGHTS!

Yeah, but I pretty much am seeing he’s a total “obfuscating stupidity” character. He’s doing the big goofy showman to catch people’s attention, seem overall harmless, build up people feeling at ease with him and then running his plans in parallel. After Bison, people are expecting the next wave of evil to come as a devastating force, another dictator, but if we see some clown and everyone gets used to him, then one day he drops the act, we’ll all be look around wondering how we let ourselves get fooled.

People like celebrities and sometimes stop thinking critically, people see a clown and think they can trip him up. NO One except for Rose is seeming to take G seriously. Menat thought he was an idiot and pushover as did Rashid. They’re both young, but competent fighters, yet t appears that he smashed them easily.

It’s too on the nose that there’s something off on him, I mean look at Bengus’ art where he definitely comes off creepier than his in game character model. His drastic shift with his story costume is a whole other thing screaming “THIS IS A FRONT! THIS GUY IS TWO-FACED!”

It’s like how in some depictions of Deadpool, people are annoyed and rolling their eyes, but then they’ll push his buttons and we get a reminder of how truly violent and unsettling he can be. Dude’s better now, but I still remember when he’d get so unhinged at anyone breaking his privacy rule that when Weasel, his supposed best bud appeared unannounced to see Blind Al, he cracked his jaw and threw them both in his house of horrors called the “Box”.

5 Likes

Tbh i don’t need him to be super hyped to be a Boss, i guess having Gill coming and kicking his ass had the purpose to “downsize” him to filler/arc Boss a la Seth back to 4

If they gave him a sinister plan behind the goofy mask, and complete his story in the end tail of SFV he will be worthy imho

Better than that wannabe called Seth or that delusion called Necalli

But complete him in V

2 Likes

One more bullet dodged by Seth’s design

With all bizzarre/bad ideas they got in Seth sketches phase, they somehow found a way to nail best path with him-her-it

I wish they did’nt done the Bison alt though

1 Like