The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Cammy doesn’t lead Delta Red. She never lead them.

Yeah, sorry about that. My mind leapt to UDON comics and Delta Blue. Anyway, my point is, anyone but Karin was a good fit to lead the team at that point.

3 Likes

I don’t have a problem with people thinking someone besides Karin should have lead the team in ASF. I do have a problem with people thinking Guile, Cammy, or Chun Li should have been in charge. None of them have been a leader. Make a real suggestion for a replacement. Guile has shown the propensity for going AWOL when Shadaloo is involved, Cammy’s ice cold efficiency melts away whenever Bison/The Dolls are involved, and Chun Li is only in Interpol to get Bison. Every time Bison is out of the picture, she leaves Interpol. Three characters that have their judgment thrown off by Shadaloo, shouldn’t be leading a mission to bring down Shadaloo. Having a NPC like Byron Taylor lead the mission would have been a better option than Guile, Cammy, or Chun Li.

9 Likes

Then reveal that Byron was a corrupt Shadaloo minion or even Illuminati faithful. It would’ve been fantastic! No one is safe from Evil!

1 Like

@TazyryLipo
Here’s Sakura’s journey translation:

1 .
[…]Martial Arts Tournament held in L.A.
This month’s 12th and 13th has been held the annual martial arts tournament. Of note was the literal newcomer Ken Masters, who defeated one after another Jack “the S[…] and Billy “The Hyperfoot” Lawrence¹, who in turn sought his second victory. With all Kos, and an average 47 seconds per match, Masters has accomplished quite the feat. He’s made clear he intends to take part in the upcoming open tournament held in Seattle as well, and wholeheartedly dedicated his victory to the late Bruce Lee.²
(from “Inside Martial Arts”, 1st september)

2 .
My street fights

FIGHT RECORD

best selection (for now)

3 .
This is Metro City.
When you fight, lots of guys come around. Many WEIRD guys. I was a bit scared.

4 .
Yaay! I went to a party!

5 .
Training menu to toughen up!
to do:
__
getting out of bed
radio calisthenics³
jogging +10 (minutes every day? It’s unclear)
get to school by running
afternoon nap absolutely don’t forget!!
stretching 20 min
sit-ups x30?50? (damn paper clip covering the number) repetitions
push-ups 30 (repetitions?)

6 .
The red sunset was BEAUTIFUL! I want to return there!

7 .
While in foreign countries, sometimes they mistook me for a boy, calling me “pretty boy”… Why?!

8 .
I like places like these.

9 .
I went there because they were doing underground wrestling. There was an enormously muscly man.

10 .
Castle Suzaku. Even HE won’t live usually here, unfortunately.

11 .
I sprained my leg while fighting here. Ouch…

12 .
“EMPEROR” SAGAT DEFEATED
His opponent was an Oriental fighter

The hot topic now is a shocking one. It seems that the previously unbeatable muay thai Emperor Sagat, who in the past had unified the Rajanamdern⁴ and Lumpinee⁵ titles, was defeated in an unofficial inter-martial arts match that happened outdoors. If that’s true, Emperor Sagat… (the rest is too sparse to be deciphered).

¹ Original ビリー(ザ・ハイパーフット)ロレンス Birī “za haipaafutto” Rorensu. I suppose they wanted to reference Karate Kid’s Cobra Kai leader Johnny Lawrence, played by William “Billy” Zabka. So the champion before Ken was Billy Lawrence.

² This isn’t the first hint to the fact that Bruce Lee did live in the SF world. So Fei Long is NOT his replacement, but one of his later clones.

³ Original ラジオ体操 Rajio taisō, “Radio exercises”. The oldest radio programme in the world, broadcasting since 1928. It consists of a series of warm-up calisthenics performed to music.

⁴ Original ラジャナムダン rajanamudan, altered version of the correct ラジャダムナン rajadamunan, from Thai ราชดำเนิน râatchadamnern (IPA: râːtɕha dam.nɤːn), “Royal march”. Rajadamnern Stadium is one of the two most famous Muay Thai arenas in Thailand, the other being Lumpinee.

⁵ Original ルンピニー runpinī, from Thai ลุมพินี lumpínee (or lumphíni), derived from the Sanskrit लुम्बिनी lumbinī, “the lovely”, the Nepalese place where, according to tradition, Queen Māyā gave birth to Gautama Buddha. Lumpinee Stadium is the other temple of Muay Thai in Bangkok, Thailand. It’s the first time that Capcom acknowledges two real world institutions for Sagat’s titles, IIRC. It’s a bit like they said that Boxer won both WBA and WBC titles, for comparison.

11 Likes

Byron was probably plan as an NPC but not evil.

I can agree with this.

I still wish Street Fighter’s story just had a “Anti-Martial Arts Terrorism Task Force” that various military and police agencies around the world all contributed to because, inexplicably, karate guys almost taking over the world is a common enough occurrence to warrant it.

Characters like Chun Li, Guile, Cammy and C. Viper, all working with the same agency under a single NPC commander. Basically, all assigned there by their parent organizations.

4 Likes

Great job as usual!

I think this may be a tribute to
immagine

Bill “Superfoot” Wallace → Billy “Hyperfoot” Lawrence

Another nickname of him was “Fast Billy”, further closer to capcom’s name

3 Likes

Good one and very possibly THE intended reference. So that “Lawrence” is a coincidence… Or a double reference to BOTH Bill Wallace and the fictional Johnny Lawrence. Knowing Capcom, I doubt that’s accidental.

4 Likes

That’s great @Midgardsorm!!!

Another piece corroborating that SF1 wasn’t considered an “official” tournament during the Zero/Alpha saga. It still looks like an “street fight” that didn’t end well for Sagat just like it’s depicted in Ryu’s All About Street Fighter Zero 1 account.

7 Likes

And that’s exactly how it should be, considering, well… THE GAME’S TITLE.
The “tournament” angle never made sense to me.

10 Likes

Yes, and honestly SF1 shouldn’t be seen as a tournament and I understand that many people see SF as a tournament is because it’s a highly successful sequel is based upon one. I like that Sakura’s journey specifically states it as an unofficial match that happened outdoors, possibly in the middle of some unnamed Thailand street, hence why the title of the game is called Street Fighter.

The tournament story comes into play when after M. Bison hears of Sagat’s defeat wanted to exploit the spirit of that initial fight in order to gather his army of fighters to brainwash and ultimately gain Ryu as a host body.

7 Likes

Knowing them that’s very possible, i ever think at theyr process as take multiple sources/ideas, then pick one or more and start from there

After all most of SF chars have multiple inspirations

OT
Just found this on X-Kira’s twitter

Will take only the stage… even if kinda pissed at ANOTHER Halloween stage, when game need different stages (to begin with, one for these that don’t have one)

Looks like it will be alt version of english station stage

BTW TGS will maybe bring more, example around that date we should get new Fighting Chance alt too

Please what is the source of this image?

I know it’s just the usual holiday DLC hustle, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t genuinely laugh at that.

Because it’s cool?

Otherwise, it’s just a bunch of bum fights.

Bum fights is how a lot of the fights were depicted in the 90s manga. The battle city style tournament from Sakura Ganabaru is a format that makes the most sense for Street Fighter.

3 Likes

A nod to Karate Kid Part II 10 year anniversary?

I’m sorry, but what? Karin has never been a leader either. And no one expected her to be a leader until the goofiness that is ASF. All the things you listed regarding Guile, Cammy and Chun-Li are trivial points. Karin leading that team is as logical as Gen or T. Hawk doing the same. Guile and Chun-Li should have led two distinct teams with Cammy being second in command to either group. Karin had no part in this story and we all know it. She was just hamfisted into the story. I mean, who would have thought Sakura’s rival would lead a team with Sakura’s crush in it? Bullshit.

Edit: On second thought, T. Hawk would make a lot of sense. Read that Dee Jay instead.

4 Likes