The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Street Fighter’s design team defaults to “blue eyed and blond” whenever they think about Caucasian Westerners.

That gets pretty silly. It seems more fitting for the SF universe if Bison started as human and has just transitioned, through his experience with Psycho Power, to a force that is no longer permanently tied to a single body.

It fits with what we see with characters like Akuma and Oro. Even if you view their pursuit as one of spiritual ascendance, Bison shows someone forcefully creating a physical spiritual ascendance. It also fits with what we see of the Satsui no Hado and Kage in SFV, which pushes forward the idea that the whole spiritual side of SF has a reality to it (and with Kage it even shows the semblance of a sentient self.) (Necalli also pushes forward this idea, but we all know Capcom has already forgotten entirely about Necalli.)

But taking away Bison’s origin as a human diminishes him in my eyes. He becomes just another generic evil force, where as a human he is a warning of a path that humanity can take.

As for throwing Bison back to some body-swapping entity that has existed for millennia, I think that diminishes him as well simply for being so lazily cliche. Oh, its the big bad. What’s his real origin? It’s Cain, or Abel, or Judas Iscariot, or the Roman soldier that pierced the side of Jesus, or whatever.

Similar goes for making Bison an actual Nazi, a WW2 German soldier, or even some Nazi-wannabe, again it is such an overused and lazy cliche to show how “evil” someone is.

9 Likes

For how i see it (wich is compatible with your vision) is that Bison’s ability to jump from a body to another is relates entirely to his PP abilities and antecedent to his cloning technology.

So SFA Bison can just be the last body host he invaded in the old way, and when they got the tech they cloned new bodies using it (wich was powerful host) as base for 2, 4 and V.

Is possible they probably did’nt had enough to re-built the true original Bison as quickly(while they got more data about SFA body), and with the dna/data they got from the original they after end up having all these blond blue eyes clones
Two separated clones projects.
One easier but with limited results (the Bisons we know), the other more difficult and longer times, but with greater potential due dna compatibility with PP

Is possible that the reason host bodies are getting consumed is’nt because PP is too powerful and burn the host, but the fact that there is an incompatibility, a dissonance between his soul and a different body.
Wich can be the reason the clones from his (original body) dna have all common traits but none of them looks like the Bison we know

Well, the nazis actually end up searching esotheric shit for they crazy furer outside europe(they even reached Tibet)… the three movies i mentioned play a romanticization of something with an actual base of truth

As for the western name, if Bison is western he could have called that power he discovered in Asia in a way that make sense for him “Psycho Power”… power of the mind, seem a very “outsider” way to describe martial arts ki magic shit :smiley:

Just like the jap ansatsuken crowd called another ki corruption “Satsui no Hado”

An american see a cat, a japanese a neko, i see a gatto… still we’re all watching the same animal

I’m trying to build with what we got… the euro in asia seem to have some ground for theory (example clones from his dna being blond/blue eye)

Then, separated, i don’t deny i PREFER Bison to be western, mostly because the Serious Business of SF universe is already heavy east asian settled.
Hero (my SF fav char) is jap, the very highest tier all jap (gingerdad, yellowmaster, bearduncle), with the exceptions of Gill and a giant “?” origin mark on Bison… so for variety i’m glad post very earlySF2 they eventually moved away from the Washizaki to hint something more western.
There was also the interessing non-east asian idea of an atzec Boss treat with Nec, but they trashed him so quickly lol

I like SF to keep the spirit of “world is big as fuck and full of powerful warriors everywere” instead fall in the glorious nippon nationalist bukkake trip Grappler Baki manga end up with :smiley:

I will have really liked Nec to be Boss level with the Greats… instead he got beated up by Rog lol

Will like see a new Boss (no shitty Seth kind, true Boss) be from middle east, or africa, or russia, or indian, or scandinavian, or whatever… to keep that SF spirit the more variety the better

From there no problem about Ryu being the hero, again, my fav char

3 Likes

Bisons just the opposite of Sodom. An asian cat that just wants to be white

5 Likes

Tbh if capcom did’nt wanted we to theory him as nazi, they made a bit a mistake making him a dictator in nazi uniform, with blondblueyed aryan looking super humans project, an hidden HQ in south america and a fucking hitler painting in his room* lol :smiley:

*no bullshit he REALLY got it in a SF2 art lol

1 Like

I’m also trying to find a way that would make Bison having multiple nationalities throughout time and history.

I mean in a more organically and biologically natural not just artificially modified or altered.

Digging from old post.

Interestingly I dug this. lol

In the previous thread I said some parallels with Samurai Jack in after Kage’s reveal, while in this post I was currently watching Samurai Jack that time.

I was talking something about haunting and hallucinations.

Then i did post a portion of udon comic where there was Evil Ryu vs Ryu. Which I am saying that it should be something similar but not that.

I’m trying to build up something that still makes him human in origin.

Agree with the importance of human origin.

I believe the body-swapping is already an intergral part of Bison’s story that cannot be omitted because of his SFA plot and relationship with Cammy and Ryu.

I’m trying to make the Nazi just a very minor part of Bison not a centered thing, but something more like Vandal Savage having to lived with multiple persona throughout the millennia but not a fake version of them. The Nazi part would be just for genetic advances of Bison.

I’ve never credited Capcom with amazing storytelling skills when it came to Street Fighter. By the end of Alpha, I would debate whether Capcom should even be credited with competent storytelling skills.

That doesn’t require Bison to be some millennia old figure.

1 Like

I remember you posting this and I wanted to post this video as it reminded me of the whole Ryu Kage situation too.

3 Likes

Cestus and Yagami was right on that part for Bison having Nazi influences but Cestus was wrong about Capcom wanting us to make theory of him being a Nazi, because Capcom goal probably want Bison to be more ambiguous but has Nazi influences or using Nazi influences.

Yes, but it can establish a him as more powerful figure in knowledge and wealth compare to the rest of the rest existing villains.

Speaking of Bison, during SF2 does he actually rule over Thailand? His stage is situated in the Grand Palace in Bangkok you can actually see where exactly they drew inspiration to put the stage at.

His 30th anniversary costume looks like something the King of Thailand would wear.

When Shadaloo is destroyed after SF2 the region falls into disarray according to the Cviper anime trailer.

Seems like he has more power and influence politically than just Leader of Shadaloo imo.

4 Likes

I always thought bison was a victim as a child of someone elses war. Maybe he was part of a vietcong family his family killed by the war. He vowed to bring peace to his country and the world, initially by joining the military. Soon he realised it wasnt enough to reach his noble but flawed goal so he sought other means to gain power and wisdom.

He recieved training from a master soul power expert he saw he had passion for peace a strong heart and plenty of potential. Despite this… Bison, like the rest of mankind held within his soul both good and bad. The power he gained from soul training corrupted him. He yearned for more and so, even though his original goals were good he become more drunk with power. If he cant get the governmets of the world to harbour peace he will just destroy and rule with force.

His high level of soul power mastery is whar allows him to transfer his own soul from body to body. His natural born body, although of excellent condition having gone through intense military training, was not sufficient to hold an ever growing soul power, now manifesting itself as a dark psychotic deranged one. A psycho power which now required a higher level of physical and mental ability.

Bison sought to initially create such a body through inplanting of his dna into little girls (cammy, lol wtf) and then others. When this didnt work, he held the SF2 tournament to identify the strongest warriors, a ready made vessel he could subjugate and enter his soul into. Of course guile beat his ass and then akuma shun goku satsud him so meh…you know… try blue robots with
a rotating intestine i guess?

Thats how ive interpreted it anyways.

1 Like

Of course, we also saw this in the SF2AM in which Bison got Cammy to assassinate the UK cabinet minister of justice and how they were supporting a candidate for the US election

I’d like to imagine that they probably got a few lobbying firms here and there in order to influence key political decision makers and when all else fails, they get assassinated.

I’m alive and kicking. Can’t say the same about SFV, though. The game is dust unless Capcom does something tremendous to revive the scene. And that includes the lore.

4 Likes

Wow, Well this concept of shadow in fictional writing is kinda heavily influence by Carl Jung. A idea of repressed desires. It’s kinda used to the concept of the heroes journey.

I myself doesn’t believe in the idea of a real me, new me or a different me. What I believe is what I do and my goals is what makes me. Yet I’m always fascinated and attracted with those ideas, that it parallels to symbolism like Devil and Death card represent in divination.

In astrology with the Phoenix.

and also myth like inner Minotaur in the Maze.

It’s like humanity regardless of their difference from era, culture and environment is always obsess to create metaphors related to transcendence, awakening, untapped power and rebirth along with the concept of detachment or acceptance.

His ST revival kinda make him differently… Capcom may have tried to change those influences?

Same thing of Capcom for idea of creating this supposed Bison HQ

but later accept the thailand as a part, because of the inclusion of SF4 Aftermath?

So probably looking at shadaloo HQ it’s like Bison is more interested with Thailand infrastructure and culture than any other.

It seem that Bison and his Shadaloo has so many different super power and multi cultural influences not just Thailand and the Nazi.

Interesting thoughts.

I strongly disagree SF V competitive scene is anything but dead. it’s still going to show up at tournaments and will mostly likely be at this years EVO.

1 Like

No ones talking about the competitive scene. That will always be there given its peoples livelihood i.e thier jobs. Were talking about the general srk .com population who are probably better than casuals but still scrubs compared to the pros.

Most people on here seem to be losing thier interest in the game.

2 Likes

the biggest things SFV needs for the casual online scene

1. Improve netcode

2 more characters for players to choose from .

3 New Critical Arts , V triggers and new systems which will give players more options to choose from

3 Likes

Tbh when it come to Bison the thing is they don’t do much storytelling at all :smiley:
I think they will just keep build him on future with some guideline in theyr mind (example the Ed future arc), but they will keep his personal history kinda lame under the “misteryous”/past unknown card and just move his next steps in a way that fit with the previous ones

We got a strong personality profile from his actions/behaviour though

Not that they necessary need to slap in your face his former nazi biography either, is just that the generic unknown past card played forever risk to become dull cartoon villain vibe
I mean Q is a character that got most of his hype from the mystery around him, but for Bison i will like more a story telling on the model of what they did on Akuma… show some parts, keep parts unknown

Personally will like they to introduce some char from his past, like an old master, or old rival, forgotten enemy
Somebody that can open some windows on his past, enriching his character without necessary reveal the full figure

Example despite me absolutely hating Ingrid character design i liked the idea they got back then to create a char that link to his past and source of power.

Good idea, terrible SF character imho, kinda bad execution as not much was explained aside hints Bison could have used technology to force himself into some source of power (wich is a very Bison thing to do lol)

I ever imagined Shadaloo power in Thailand like these situation where a military faction effectively took full control of a state’s portion, but the international community does’nt recognize his legitimacy

That situation can keep exist for a while usually when that faction took a piece from the periphery of a nation, but if as you say Bison’s Shadaloo took control of Thailand’s core then it was much more like an actual coup d’etat

2 Likes