The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

https://twitter.com/Remy2FANG/status/1296639907390095360/photo/1

I’m still hoping for Dhalsim vs Necro, Blanka vs Necro, Oro vs Gouken and Haggar vs Zangief.

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1296493059006488577?s=20

Bandeiras being full fanboy of Zeku would be cool

Zangief and Ivanov having to settle old russia vs new russia argument

Guile and Clark having absolute respect for each other, while Ralf is treated as unstable/dangerous hot head

Nash and Heidern being vet buddies about evil bosses in their kill list

Juri trying to get Chang and Choi returning on the bad side. Kim mad about it

Cody needs to scrap with Terry, same for Necalli and Mukai

See G talking with Xanadu would be a mystic experience

Could continue, there are lots of epic interactions the CvS thing can still offer

The two universe are just brothers

1 Like

Hinako can be a grappling buds with Mika and Laura.

Viper is acquainted with Vanessa and Seth. Being agents they could have been ally and foe.

Lin and Ron can be the rivals of the clan FANG originally hauled from.

Elisabeth and Karin families know each other.

Adon and Joe hate other. Haw Jai the third wheel.

2 Likes

Now that i think about it, some more

Ryu Ken Gouken vs Ryo Robert Takuma needs to happen

Cody Guy vs Terry Andy too

1 Like

I’m just okay with SF3 vs Every SF. Like against there counterparts because it’s still didn’t happen completely.

We still didn’t have Necro vs Dhalsim, Zangief vs Haggar and Oro vs Gouken.

Ibuki vs Maki, Lee vs Gen or the twins and etc.

2 Likes

What if character 5 this season is Goutetsu omg

1 Like

I don’t get the fascination with Goutetsu.

5 Likes

Bad ass old man martial artist, master of the master? You dont get it?

Old dude that got smoked by an SNH Akuma that couldn’t beat Gouken at the time. Hard pass.

4 Likes

I had concluded my previous excursus about the influence of Shinji Hiramatsu’s works on Capcom saying that Mika drew inspiration from a very specific manga for her. Obviously, as is the case with all SF2 character, there’s never a single source for a character. One of the reasons I said to @Lord_Vega that the rejected characters should deserve a deeper analysis is exactly the fact that these first versions often reveal MORE about the original inspirations than the definitive character we ultimately got. If Blanka was named Anabebe, everyone in Japan would’ve recognised the source. The same if they had kept his second name, Hamablanca, from the eponymous jungle-themed leisure facility in Shirahama. By further shortening his name to “Blanka”, however, no one could’ve possibly identified the inspiration.
Mika received HEAVY input from Yumiki Asuka’s ルチャDOLL舞 Lucha Doll Mai (1993),
luchadollmai

whose protagonist Maiko Hidaka comes to Japan after having spent her childhood in Mexico with her luchadora mother Ranko, who also trained Maiko in wrestling and planned her ring debut in Japan. Maiko dreams of a normal schoolgirl life, but Ranko forces her daughter to wrestle in tag team with her; every time with skimpier and skimpier outfits… Much to Maiko’s desperation. She tries to keep her luchadora identity hidden from her classmates and teachers, but obviously that wouldn’t prove so easy: her homeroom teacher is the president of the local female wrestling fan club, and being she so tall her potential similarity with the wrestling newcomer doesn’t go unnoticed.

Ranko and Maiko, in the ring “the Lucha dolls” Ran and Mai (sold as sisters rather than mother and daughter, with Ran pretending to be 22 instead of her actual 32 years old - yes, she had Maiko at 16, got a problem with that?), both contribute to Mika’s attire and moves. Something is also taken from Ranko’s delinquent friend Mari Kitazaki, who finds out Ranko’s secret and becomes enamored with pro-wrestling after having witnessed Ranko’s prowess against a rival gang, then debuting in the ring with the alias “Schoolgirl X”. Mika’s definitive design owes mainly to Mai, with Schoolgirl X’s twintails and moves taken from Mai, Ran, Schoolgirl X and Hiramatsu’s Marylin.
Ran’s starting of a new female wrestling promotion (Japanese Ladies Wrestling) obviously angers the president of the already established Big Japan Women pro Wrestling, who tries his worst to bring down the rivals. At first, the BJWW tries to storm JLW’s dojo by sending five wrestlers… To no avail. Ran knocks down one of them with Mika’s combo Vault/Rainbow Suplex during Sardine Special:

rainbowsuplex

Then the Lucha Dolls fight against the French team Bonjour Lips, composed by OSCAR THE GIANT (obvious female version of Andre the Giant fused with Oscar François de Jarjayes from the manga The Rose of Versailles) and The Petit Cat, a lesbian duo who severely puts the Dolls in trouble. Mai starts her attacks with a Rolling Sobat and a flurry of kicks:

rmika-sobat
Now, a sobat doesn’t mean anything; after all, it’s an attack so common even GUILE had it… But Ran closes the match wit THIS:

Ladies Thigh Force Lariat (LOL). THAT’S MIKA’S FORWARD JUMP, LITERALLY FRAME BY FRAME. Immediately followed by her Punch Air Grab to boot:

Maiko then must face the niece of the vice-president of the BJJW, the young karate champion Kenka Fudō (拳華 kenka “Flower punch”, with the added meaning that “Kenka” is “brawl”), heir of Fudōkan dōjo. Here comes the REAL surprise: finding the primary source of inspiration for MAKOTO in a wrestling manga. Even Makoto retained the flower motif, because the 竜胆 rindō part in her 竜胆館 Rindōkan karate style name means Japanese gentian.

mak-special2

With the same hair-trigger temper, on top of that. Here Kenka is taking offence because her uncle has just told her Ran said that wrestling is stronger than karate. She didn’t, but a feud is a feud…

mak-special

makoto-risingwind
The last one, Kenka’s 天昇拳 Tenshōken “Sky Rising Fist” is a clear inspiration for Makoto’s Fukiage, BUT its actual form comes more from Ikki Kajiwara’s Karate Baka Ichidai, in a famous scene in which Ōyama tries to teach Rikidōzan the true karate chop, and when Rikidōzan strikes a palm tree unwittingly dropping some coconuts, Ōyama intercepts one of them with the same move:

In just four pages we see the source for Makoto’s HP, LP and Fukiage. ALL of Makoto’s normals come from Karate Baka Ichidai, but her specials (except Fukiage) are from Lucha Doll Mai. You can really see how Kenka’s long ponytail has become Makoto’s long yellow hachimaki on her neck; its behaviour in animation is exactly the same.
Also, Maiko’s costume during this match is THE basis for Mika’s definitive costume: the lace frills are already there, and with just a slight modification…

Then, Schoolgirl X finally makes her debut, and…

rmika-headbutt-cody
Complete with “Kono! Kono!” (“(take) This! And this!”), exactly as Mika did in SFZ3 during her headbutts.

And that Backspin Lariat is Mika’s HP.
rmika-backspin lariat

Of course there are other inspirations, but I’ll stop here for now. Just to whet your appetite, I’ve found the inspirations for Zangief (all of them), Dhalsim, Blanka’s Electric Attack, T. HAWK, BIRDIE, Adon’s Jaguar Kick (finally!) and Sagat.

11 Likes

Or was he???

It would make Akuma even lamer if everyone except for the old guy literally dying of leukemia survived his strongest attack.

So yeah. I would be all up for Goutetsu showing up.

Goutetsu would be a cool final character but he must remain dead.
He can just appear to challenge the others in their minds only.

Thats a good solution actually. Great idea!

this

Plus season 5 already have 3 japanese out 4 revealed, i really don’t feel the need to get another one and an ansatsuken based one while at it

the world have so much to explore, keep dig on ansatsuken lawn hoping to find some new thing is so limitative imho. Fuck goukendaughter too while at it

Tbh Oro is eating all that vibe and some more

to be fair very first Akuma looked vicious af rather than just the boring Akuma Stronk (because japan stronkest) he became later

My money are on Goutetsu got suckerpunched hard kinda like Akuma did to Bison in his sf2 debut

2 Likes

that’s fine but It would be better if it’s just a fight that is to retell a history something that I call as flashback battle .

Yet we had Gouken and it’s okay that it would be him than Goutetsu.

But I would like Haggar or someone from Slammaster more than him.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies.