The TTT2 General Discussion thread

Yeah, mate. Any move with a Red icon can also tag in your partner if you press the tag button after it, too, but the ensuing combo (assuming you can get one from the hit) will take their red life, too. Who are you using, perchance? Perhaps I could give you a hand with some useful Tag Assault fillers? I use Armor King and Marduk for reference.

Well, I haven’t played since the first TTT, so there are a lot of new characters. I practiced a few combos with Jaycee and Jinpachi, both of which are within my interest of characters. So is Kunimitsu, Bob looks like a lot of fun, and Hwaorang is a personal fav of mine. They changed Yoshimitsu too much for my tastes…

I will say I enjoy Jaycee’s RP ->, which rolls you behind them, and Jinpachi’s stun throw (the throw when an opponent is in a stun state/wall hit), not to mention I want to find a way to setup for his LP+RP projectile.

Well, I’d suggest going through all of the command lists and practicing certain strings, for Jinpachi specifically I’d suggest:
Learn his fly 1,1,2~2 Just Frame air grab, as it seems to be a really good Tag Assault ender, due to the unscaled damage of an airthrow. Along with that, I’m fairly sure you can set up his back fireball unblockable if you use a Tag Assault filler that launches them and then wall splats them from a fairly long distance away, as it should give you enough time to start charging it. Though whether or not they could just roll out of the way depends on the move in question, aside from that? I don’t think you’ll be able to set up that projectile any other way.

Hey guys, this is the first time I’ve tried playing Tekken so I’d like some advice on my caracter choices. I know AtP listed a few simple execution characters(Jack, Lars, Steve, etc) but I’m not really into them. The characters I’m most interested in are Lee and Zafina, but I also like Alisa, Christie, Jinpachi, Leo, Lili, and Lei. Are Lee and Zafina too much to try to learn at once? Should I switch one of them out for one of the others?

… Well, basically every character you suggested is incredibly intricate or rely on switching between loads of stances to be incredibly effective, but out of the group I’d say Leo and Jinpachi would be a good bet. Leo isn’t incredibly difficult to use and Jinpachi doesn’t seem to be, outside of his one Just Frame air-grab, so I’d suggest learning those two. But that’s just if you want to get RIGHT into the action, mate, because if not, feel free to spend a lot of time in training mode getting a good grasp of the movelists.

Zafina has horrible punishers, but has lovely mix-ups and some really great pokes, Lee seems to be very rushdown orientated and some of the best wall carry in the game, Alisa… is a hard nut to crack in my mind, but I haven’t really bothered with her, so you’d be better off getting advice on her from somebody else. As for the rest, Lei is an aggressive mix-up orientated character with some decent defense and crushes and Christie/Eddy/Tiger are really tricky to use and play against, since they have mix-ups for days and require intricate knowledge of basically all of their stances, since they can go from one stance to another to another to another to neutral to another stance to another, though many people will tell you that you can win just braindead mashing, but trust me, it won’t work against somebody that isn’t ass.

Leo has great mid-range punishes and can set up launches fairly easily from what I can remember, and I played Jinpachi as more of a defensive character, waiting for an opening. But ultimately, it’s up to you, I’m just offering my two cents.

Yeah, and the input feels that it needs to be oh so much precise. I hope I can get those better once my PS3 copy arrives and I get to practice on my stick.

At least take the game to dinner beforehand.

I still can’t EWGF on reaction, so I can tell it’ll be a while before I’m really where I want to be at with Angel and DJ.

But then again, I’m using pad.

I can tell you right now that Zafina’s going to be a lot of work. A lot.

What makes Zafina so intricate? Is she like a SoulCalibur Maxi?

Thanks guys, maybe I’ll hold off on learning her until I’m a bit more familiar with the game. Can you tell me what the major differences are between Jack and P.Jack? I can’t find a lot of info on him right now.

I love the option to set the AI to block and then crouch/whatever in training mode but why can’t I set it to do a move from the move list i.e stand guard and then jab?? Disappointing. Unless I’m missing something. Record isn’t quite the same.

are you on psn or xbl. Cause if you are on psn i would like to add you, you seem to know a bit about the game and i would like to learn more about this game.

I’m on PSN! My ID is Thirteenthorder.

I’d say the differences between P. Jack and Jack are about the same as Differences between Angel and Devil Jin, or Marshall Law and Forest Law. A few unique moves, different properties on shared moves, but similar and easy to learn once you begin to play with one or the other.

I think I’ll try out Alisa/P.Jack as a beginner team then, thanks again.

I’m really looking forward to playing this game (it’s currently in the mail). It’ll be my second Tekken after T5DR, which I didn’t play that much. Does anyone have any suggestions for beginner characters? I enjoyed playing Lili in T5DR but I dunno what a good comp would be.

HOLY MONKEY NUTS THIS GAME IS AMAZING!

Ok, back to the game.

Stickies are your friend.

Loving this game so far but does anyone else have trouble seeing what’s going on sometimes on that stage with the purply floor and background and purply mud of the same or similar shade that gets on the characters when they fall/do things like sweeps?

I’m really loving this game as well. The feeling is so satisfying when you land your big combo in a real match after practicing it.

BTW- thank you Virtua-Leon! 2+1,2 is a great filler and I use that exclusively now.

For King, what do I when I get near a wall pre-B! and after B! ? (NM I found it)

Guys you can also check out the tekkenzaibatsu Tekken 6 forums for your characters if there’s nothing in the TTT2 forums.

I’ll be buying this in a few hours, can’t wait to get playing!