The Transformers comic thread. FURMAN RETURNS!

Next time on TF: Autocracy:

Orion Pax, Hound, Prowl, Ironhide and Bumblebee vs.

Spoiler

Omega Supremes

The Infestation 2 Transformers series was pretty good, just like most of the Infestation 2 comics.

I actually hate Optimus Prime (go Megatron) but he was THE MAN during Infestation 2. Chuck Dixon can do no wrong.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

I’ve never been a fan of Optimus except in Cybertron but man IDW has been on fire with him lately. But still Megs comes off as alot more interesting, helps their is more stuff about Megatron out there. Wanna see his connection to Impactor brought up more.

Infestation 2’s good? Will give it a read when it’s collected, seeing as there’s TMNT tie-in issues.

The Infestation 2 comics for TMNT and Transformers are only two comics a piece and are extremely stand-alone-ish so you don’t have to read more than that if you don’t want to.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

Just read More than meets the Eye #3, Rodimous is the greatest dick ever.

As much as i love Transformers i regret not getting into the comics more. Every now & then when i’m at a books-a-million i’ll pick one up and read it, and its cool, but i’m very much out of the loop.

From those i have read they seemed pretty good. The various spotlights, a few of all hail megatron, the stuff involving nemesis prime, galvatron and the heart of darkness, hearts of steel where they’re all retro vehicles like steam engines, etc.

One thing I really love about the IDW comics, is how much focus is on the Decepticons. Something we really didn’t get much of except for parts of Dreamwave. Wish more Decepticon’s got spotlights though. Only ones were Soundwave, Shockwave, Galvatron, Cyclonus, Ramjet, and Sixshot. Would ahve been great to see on on Blitzwing, Onslaught, Thundercracker, Skywarp, or Astrotrain.

My girl went to Books-a-million and she picked this up for me

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-161w_y_yMII/T25qz-Nvv3I/AAAAAAAACfk/QXre8o1CPow/s512/IMAG0059.jpg

Pretty pleased. I know I am late as all get out, but I am gonna hit up all of the TPBs for this series.

Ah that’s Vol. 1 of the current/recent TF series, hope you like it =)

Yeah man. I gotta get Vol 2 (Issues 7-12). That was issues 1-6. Bumblebee went gangsta to Magnus at the end LOL. Despite what people say about the line work, Don Fig did a fantastic job making the G1 Characters recognizable with the movie aesthetic. Now if they could only do toys with the same engineering.

I liked alot of the body designs during that time, Jetfire was baller as hell. But holy fuck the faces were just horrible.

Robots in disguise #3 was really good.
I like the direction the series is taking ATM.

How are MTMTE and RID? Almost picked up the single issues, but stopped myself. Will the TPBs be worth it?

So far both are pretty dope, I’m feeling RID more than MTMTE. RID seems to really be going places that could take the series to interesting places, especially if characters like Starscream are being sincere.

I’m a big Hot Rod/Rodimus fan, so I hope they do good things with him.

Hot Rod is being pretty cool in MTMTE, he’s obbessed with having this Grand Adventure searching for the Knights of Cybertron and is a bit of a cocky jerk. His relationship with Drift and Rachet is pretty good.

The Break from Optimus is pretty cool.

Prime is my favorite character . . . EVER! I must say that I do enjoy when the lore takes liberties and give him the back seat on occasion

BTW, IGN has featured the Autocracy issue in their Comics sub-site.

UPDATE

Comixology is doing 1/2 off on the Transformers Stuff. Including TPB! This is a digital print BTW

I love Prime to, but before AHM he was drawing a bit to much of the focus IMO and after it was beginning to get to be to much, I really love how he’s presented as more flawed in IDW and less of a Perfect figure like he is in alot of other media.

As long as Prime is bad ass, I am ok. Not to draw in the TV stuff, but Optimus Primal was the perfect example. Has the confidence of the group most of the time and doesn’t always have the answer. The more recent comic incarnations definitely took a page from that “book”.