The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Same for me, i hate the Ed one

1 Like

I think the only time lyric songs weren’t cringe-inducing was Gill’s arranged theme in NY, but even then it’s not good. I can at least give credit for what it is:

Elena’s NG theme had a short lyric part

You’re probably right about G being pretty powerful. His trailer hints that he’ll fight Urien in his Character Story, and Urien is in his Metallic form, meaning Urien will go all out, something he has never done yet.

1 Like

Now that they confirmed the similarities with Q I really can’t wait to play his character story and read his win quotes.
He deserves a cinematic story mode appearance though.

1 Like

You do realize that in VT 1, G is completely covered in gold. Like Urien he has a sort of metal form as well.

4 Likes

Yeah, I know.

I like it when a character’s theme has vocals. It makes them more memorible to me when I have something to sing along to. I’m a fan of the rapper that did the theme so major plus in my book.

Next to Zeku, Ed has the best theme of the new characters that debuted in this game.

1 Like

Actually, he’s not completely covered in gold. Some patches of his skin turn dark/black like Urien’s V-skill!!!

Seth aside, only Gill and Urien are known to change skin color like this. I think the Illuminati connection is all but confirmed. He probably has a third eye gem under that hat of his.

But this still doesn’t explain the Q connection. If anything it raises more questions and heightens the mystery some more!!! @Shockdingo

1 Like

1 Like

The patches of his body that do turn black are his conspicuous continent tattoos, which are gold to start with before using VT-1.

2 Likes

Did you know: The person who cosplayed and announced G during EVO was also the English voice actor for that very same character?

5 Likes

I’m just happy to dive back into the story of SFV. For the past few months, I’ve been extra focused on the competitive side of things…and have enjoyed my road to improvement in that particular area. I’m just glad we have so much upcoming content to get back into our usual story discussions.

5 Likes

Same.

I also miss you guys <333

4 Likes

Whoa, cause of the lighting and me running around last night, I didn’t even notice that!

Heh, yeah, I’ve been cycling through theories:

• he somehow turns into Q,
  • he has a fan/disciple who wanted to believe in the President of the world schtick to become like him, but the truth was revealed and something went wrong, thus he went rogue
  • with all the double nature stuff, the gaining the public eye attempts, I feel that story costume is his actual agent appearance and he’s created the President persona for his latest assignment while Q’s are his “children” people forcibly make into super soldiers to help achieve project Pangaea’s unity or whatever the Illuminati wants.

Apparently he also was Rufus in SF4!! He sounds good!

I miss you too. <3

Same, man, same. I really feel that with him and Sagat coming so close, we’ll have some nice discussions and speculation for quite a bit.

6 Likes

Wow, to go from being Rufus to being G is a massive step up.

3 Likes

Yeah. We’re getting two new stories and over 130 new win-quotes (quotes from G & Sagat and quotes to them).

4 Likes

I really do like those “retrospectives” you put out every once in a while, so it’ll be nice to see you post more.

Now that I think about it, between May until G, I haven’t been seeing a lot of the usual people so most of the comments were just me and Cestus. I also feel that my posts are getting worse and worse.

Now on a lighter note, I’m really looking forward to G and Sagat. I know that Capcom have learned from their lore mistakes and G should become a instant classic. I’m also really looking forward to see the direction they’re taking Sagat to.

1 Like

From the showcase video:

Vs Akuma:
You seek strength? Well, here I am! The embodiment of power! President of the World!

Happy belated birthday! Also, yeah, it really feels that Capcom’s really been getting better on learning from past mistakes and amping up the quality.

5 Likes

SagatVs Bison: It’s over. You and I will never share the same path again.

Ooooh, burn! Man, I cannot WAIT to see what Fang and Sagat have to say to each other!

8 Likes

All that training really paid off for Sagat. In SFIV, he was 78kg / 172lbs
Today, he weighs in at 98kg / 216lbs.
He put on an additional 22kg / 44lbs of muscle. His strikes are gonna hurt so much more with all that added solitary training.

G towers at an astounding 200cm / 6’7" and weighs in at 150kg / 331 lbs.
G towers almost all of the SFV cast Only Abigail, Birdie, Zangief, FANG, and Sagat are taller (T. Hawk, Sodom, Gill, Hugo are the only non SFV fighters (currently) that are taller than G).
Speaking of height, despite bearing almost the same resemblance as President Abraham Lincoln, G towers the American President by 3 inches (Lincoln = 6’4")

7 Likes