The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

4 Likes

Never him saw him as such. I think Necalli was basically an “oni” interpreted by another time and culture. Necalli is what Ryu and what Akuma would end up like if they go all the way and lose their minds to the SNH. Empty hollow shells that live only for the desire to fight strong opponents - forever.

He’s too much of a pawn to be considered a true villain let alone a major one in the series.

1 Like

I just based that interpretation from Dhalsim description to Ryu, I agree because he was obviously temporary Akuma filler for Ryu in presentation in trailer making him Oni like embodiment because of the SFV intro but later change for some reasons in the cinematic mode.

Freemason is not the illuminati because the real illuminati has been dissolve and haunt by the government for a long time and earlier of it’s rise. What Freemason has is influences of illuminati and other secret societies and fraternities like the Rosicrucian, Templars and etc.

Gill and Urien belongs to an organization is more closer to Ku Klux Klan not illuminati and Freemasons.

Freemasons were not the later representation, evolution or transformation of the other earlier fraternities and cult as a whole, united and combined, because they don’t have the same practices and standards of ideals. And another thing there are still many existing fraternities and brotherhood that struggle and still conflict each other to imposed their ideals and rules to be the laws and norms.

Yet they are currently the most influential because they focus more into different movements, causes and also founding the government projects by donations(which other frats do also), while they recruit most of the achievers and successful, I believe even the newer organization like Scientology is following that practice of recruitment.

Believe it or not some of Freemason are even founders of many cults and religions or even CEO of well known charitable institutions across the globe or huge multi level marketing across the world than any other secret brotherhood but yet they avoid talking about their fraternity and let people focus in their achievements and success for people to be inspired and be motivated by their actions. While the lower levels are proud that usually parade their membership as a badge.

I’m not saying they are good or evil and do controls the world, but they are the most influential than the rest of other fraternities that still exist today or older than the Freemasons.

Curious to see if G’s “earth power” will take advantage of SFV already existing ground physic (think Abigail or Zangief moves breaking the ground)

Kinda like Hulk or Mukai

Another alternative (or both) is that he can use gravity or have some power to add weight, like becoming himself super heavy to be more powerful

On this we got three SF3 examples

Urien and Gill were both listed as unnatural heavy, as if theyr bodies were modified to be super-dense
Gill & Urien were listed at 338kg (745lbs), both outweight by far the gigantic Hugo 200kg (440lbs) from the same game
immagine immagine immagine

This has been changed in SFV, Urien is now listed as a more believable 120kg (265lbs), and is possible Gill stats will get the same change if he ever enter the V cast

Another more obvious case is Q, who’s weight was’nt revealed but looked even heavier than them

And we know he got super-dense body compared to a normal char (think the armor thing), even electric “x-ray” effect did’nt worked on him
Q
immagine
Urien
immagine

I’m curious to see if when stats are released G will end up having strange weight, as start gold itself is a very heavy metal

2 Likes

I still think he reps what @Shockdingo affectionately coined “The Alphabet Company”, who could be under the current temporary employment of the Illuminati. In terms of scale, they are closer to Mad Gear than they are to the Illuminati.

It simply doesn’t make sense for Capcom to introduce a major villain in this point of the timeline, so G has to be part of an ongoing arc in someway. Even if G and his supposed cohorts are new players, the game is very much still the same - Meaning everything right now in SF5 should be paving the way for the revelation of Gill and his tournament.

“The Alphabet Company” would be a neutral cabal of infiltrators and agents, sort of like Blackwater mercenaries but specializing in espionage and deception rather than military prowess.

G’s “Presidential” appearance therefore isn’t his true form but a disguise for the job he is hired for, and his story costume is what he actually looks like.

4 Likes

I kinda see G as a “filler” villain. Not that it’s a bad thing, but he and Neo Shadaloo are the last “obstacle” before we get to SF3. I definitely think he’s related to the Illuminati, with him trying to be president as build up to the Illuminati taking centre stage. If he appears again, then it’s unlikely that he’ll do anything as large scale as what SFV probably had got planned for him.

@Shockdingo Didn’t know you listened to GenesisKeys’s music :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

PersonaIy I want the Neo Shadaloo to be spared for future games. They have good establish appeal that can be a potential for a good adventure to be the plot heroes for re-introducing the new Shadaloo with Bison that had return to his former glory.

But in the end that would be Capcom plan.

Agree with G he might be just a unknowing pawn a diversion that is front for Gill or to show and exibit who truly manipulate the strings and who has the power over the power.

1 Like

There likely is going to be another big “avengers” style SF game that takes place post-SF3, I’d like them saved for that too.

Because of all these factions converging and intertwining, I don’t see us returning to a humble and lowkey Street Fighting setting unless the game takes place in the distant past (20+ years before SF2) or 10-20 years after 3S.

The way 3S ended seemed to imply that the stakes were about to get much higher with Urien at the helm of the NEO-Illuminati and his tyrannical ambitions. Unless Urien’s ending means that he effectively destroyed the Illuminati in the same way Shadaloo was destroyed in SF5. This resets the faction game since all the big players self-destructed essentially and now all we are left with post-3S are some minor groups and loners.

The inevitable Ryu Final x Oni though likely has to take place in an isolated lowkey setting or upon the ashes of the future “Avenger’s” style game.

5 Likes

Going off of your suggestion, an interesting angle that came to mind is that The Alphabet company is the first salvo of the Illuminati and the heroes push them back unaware of just what they really were, SF3 is the next part, and SF6 shows that in the earliest part of its tale (maybe prologue), some other events were happening to the cast that was omitted from SF3 at the same time, culminating in the main SF6 story being the Illuminati pushing forward and really making themselves known to the heroes.

The Illuminati is huge, so I can see the whole think, like Nests taking a few parts to really get the scope of the threat. Afterall, this is a cult that’s been operating in secret of the SF universe for 2,000 years. One hadouken isn’t gonna stop them. Heck, Shadaloo maybe a couple decades old and powerful as all get out, but in universe it took several clashes for them to kill the org and Bison is totally still out there, so I think the story moving forward can continue to have present threats have multiple installments.

They could make some story notes during the epilogue – the heroes of SF5 storymode 2 captured the interest of the Illuminati and certain fighters would be focused on for High ranking Illuminati Squad A to take care of (Direct interest by Gill):

Squad A

• Alex

*Chun gets Urien’s attention rather than Gill’s and he takes Li Fen)

Dudley (maybe a cameo or reference in storymode 2) since his persistence in hunting for Gill, plus they could always make not of there being a deeper connection between his family and Gill. The owning of the car could be symbolic and powerful. Maybe the car was something his father’s father bought and it (along with roses) became a symbol of Dudley’s family name. So maybe Gill simply owning a car meant "You have nothing, with this, I have your family’s legacy as a mere trinket in my home) Some simple but powerful stuff could be here.

I’m trying to remember who else canonically encountered Gill in SF3

Squad B (SF6 prologue showing what we didn’t see during SF3)

*Guile (him taking on a conspiracy that’s creeping in the government could have taken his attention prior to Li-Fen being taking, so he’d be out of the picture and unable to help Chun)

*Cammy (similar situation, or maybe, in addition the Illuminati wants Delta Red out of the picture, so there’s a conspiracy uncovered, but they doctor how badly Cammy hurt the cop and make public her old Killer Bee atrocities so he’s having to deal with that)

Karin could notice some form of infiltration into her company and family and is fighting off internal strife, etc.

G’s “Presidential” appearance therefore isn’t his true form but a disguise for the job he is hired for, and his story costume is what he actually looks like.

That could be an interesting angle and possibly help to keep him around so he isn’t a one-shot villain. His ending, he’s been beaten, but escaped. He’s in a dark boardroom, back to camera throws down a few file folders one after the other. Gill leans forward and appears out of the darkness.

Gill: Fine work my disciple.

G: Of course my lord. While the mission did not fully go as planned, your secondary focus worked flawlessly. These are rather interesting candidates. This one was of particular interest. points at Alex’s photo

Gill: Ah yes…Tom’s ward. I expect he will seek my out rather soon. A fine man that Tom, shame we could not see eye to eye. Oh well, after he heals, there is always room for second chances. *looks up at the still un-seen face of G What’s the matter, dear disciple?

G: One of…one of my sons…he was seen during Operation Pangaea.

Gill: Ah…the Aberration? Curious. You need to deal with him, he’s starting to be noticed. My contacts say the CIA has already moved past him being a hoax and has 3 agents of note heading up an investigation.

G: Understood my lord. Preparing for next mission. *camera pans to right, there’s a metallic half-face mask, G, still unseen picks it up, places it on his face and turns towards camera. Eye glints and it goes to black.

G: Daddy’s *most displeased, my boy…most displeased. END

Sorry random idea I had swirling around hah. Basically, based off of your idea I’d like G to be one part Hunk from RE and a bit of Ada. He’s never really ever done. I would hate to lose the presidential look, but in future appearances that can be a nostalgia costume while his public face changes.

Heck, what if SF 5 ends with the day saved, but publically G hasn’t been fully exposed, but only delayed. Kind of like how Lex Luthor will have plans foiled and the public doesn’t fully see he’s a bad guy till years later.

Yup, there’s some good good stuff there!

I can see that, definitely gonna see Neo Shadaloo grow and be an ambiguous puzzle piece for the future so when all out Illuminated war begins they’ll be both potential obstacles and allies to heroes after some story beats. Then after that, I can see some cooling down of a smaller threat that goes in another direction from global, but still real peril.

5 Likes

Neo Shadaloo can be establish as a new game that is within the SF3 timeline along with the other Fighters that didn’t appeared playable SF3 as the initial roster with Ryu, Ken and Chun li with modern day SF characters from SF4 and SF5.

That’s still an all star SF game package that can mix some SF3 characters also without trouble and conflicts, in a different setting far from SFz-4 and still moving forward. While it would serve as the behind the scene game for SF3 and to establish the setting of conflict for SF7 the return of Bison, then Uriens Neo secret society version working now on the background to avoid conflict and attention then Gill being demoted and exiled(will comeback) along with few followers because of failure.

His Cammy theme I posted when I joined​:ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:. His Bison theme too. And to think he composed the Bison one when he was 14. @Daemos would be shivering

@Shockdingo Where I think the characters might be going:

Summary

Ryu: Not take a active role but rather have Gouken pass him on to Oro and their training officially begins. The result of which ends with a Ryu V Oni fight

Ken: I’m not sure, I liked @YagamiFire idea of having the Masters family cut off from the Illuminati but their initial success was attributed to them.

Chun-Li: Teams up with Alex/Guile/Cammy/Necro/Yun to stop the Illuminati for Li-Fen

Guile: My own idea, some of Nash’s memories were passed from 11 to 12. During a fight, Guile sees 12 using a move Nash had, being suspicious, he decides to get to the bottom of it once again.

Cammy: She meets Necro and he reminds her of how lost she was after she encountered Dhalsim, so she joins the fight

Alex: He finds himself entangled from both Urien and Gill (for their own reasons) while simultaneously training himself for a rematch with Ryu.

Yun+Yang: Babysitting Li-Fen goes terribly wrong with a kidnapping and joins Chun-Li.

Ibuki: Having given up her days as a thot after her mum beat her for twerking in her ninja class, she gives the G file to our heroes so that they can figure what the hell is going on and try to predict the Illuminati’s next course of action.

Necro: Knows the in+outs of the Illuminati, during his escapades he encounters the Dolls and is willing to help fight Gill in exchange for his freedom back.

Sakura: Teaches PE at Taiyo High (yes, from Rival Schools) also training for a rematch with Ryu

Now has anyone got anything they’d like to add to this up here? But watch if everyone ignores this

1 Like

The thing about the Illuminati though, is that they have remained very passive for most of those 2000 years. It’s only when Gill and his brother Urien took power did they seem to become actively interested in realizing the prophecies themselves and relatively recklessly expediting the cult’s agenda. IIRC, the original predicted date for the Black Moons prophecy was in the 23rd century and Gill attempted to realize it himself 300 years before his religion foresaw.

One could argue that prior to these two, the Illuminati was no where near as militarized. There is nothing to suggest for example that their advances in science and technology were on par or beyond Shadaloo’s before Shadaloo happened. In fact, one could surmise that Urien was in Shadaloo’s weapons facility to steal tech that was necessary for his own theories.

Like sure they were adept at preserving bodies, information, and brains but I think their strength lies in their deep roots, subtlety, and cunning. The fact that their members acted out of faith rather than fear gave them an edge over Shadaloo’s members which is expressed in the organization’s longevity.

Gill and Urien’s radical antics are the exception not the rule in the Illuminati IMO, as evidenced by them killing the old Guard before the events of ASF took place. Once you remove these two, the Illuminati will likely fade back to a bunch of rich crazy and zealous people with too much money and time on their hands. Gill mocks his predecessor in his 3S ending for not being able to do what he did and that tells you a lot about Gill’s state of mind. Urien doesn’t think very highly of them either, if at all and only played along with Gill to get ahead himself.

My point being though, I think Shadaloo holds the current record as the biggest organization in the SF universe thus far in terms of resources, technology, and sheer power. At their peak (Alpha3/SF2), they were akin to a country operating without borders with bases of operations and operatives all over the planet indiscriminately. The Illuminati is a religious cult, a powerful one but a cult before all else.

1 Like

Interesting, didn’t think about that and didn’t realize Gill fasttracked this. I always had the assumption they were more active and aggressive, though I guess if they were, they would have run into and clashed with Shadaloo prior to this. I’d really like the lore to address how the Illuminati plays a role in the SF world.

Random thing that has nothing to do with anything. I was having a random conversation with my sister and she mentioned the Melanesian people of Australia (and other nations) they’re a rare occurrence of black people with blond hair

Random thought, if Birdie maybe has some ancestry tied to the region, maybe he doesn’t dye his hair lol also if this is the case, maybe Q still can be a darkskinned guy with blond hair.

Random thoughts as I await G lol

1 Like

The Street Fighter Twitter being unsubtle.

5 Likes

For what’s wrth in the behind the scenes joke SF3 artwork they just pick a random tall middle age white blond guy (on the right) to play Q

Birdie could easily have been a black dude with blond hair as in SF universe you already got Elena (and family) being black with white hair and azure eyes.
Tough that may link well with the african belief albinism is related with curative “magic powers”, wich fit Elena’s healing

Btw it’s way more easy the dark brown moustache is his natural color, with the yellow mohawk being dyed. Also the wiki page list him as brown hair dyed blonde

1 Like

Agree if Gill and Uriens secret society was strong enough for existing 2000 years ago they simply put Bison’s Shadaloo earlier before it’s rise or before the black moon event but they didn’t bother because both sibling knew the capability of their secret society that they cannot go toe toe with Shadaloo by force, politics, technology and military war vehicles.

I even believe Shadaloo has more advanced research facility that even the secret society is referencing to their past advancement to those areas. We have seen Urien with Viper going after old S.I.N. laboratories in SF5, but we didn’t see Bison caring with their advancement and progress probably because we can safely assure Bison aware of their existence because of Seth’s movelist. Nash restoration work isn’t the quality work is macabre and also the rest of their works compared to how many times Bison recreated body and restored in a more human appearance.

I even believe Seth Clones are better than Twelve in terms or combat or TWELVE is based from SETH clone technology.

Good point hah I forgot about his brown stache.

I’m not going into fanfictions but to take @Shockdingo idea of G working for Gill, i thought one simple thing

Before i was thinking at “earth power” as gravity or “cold” rock/ground
But earth power could also be hot lava/magma, like the core centre of the earth
immagine
If G got lava/magma he could be the perfect counterpart of Kolin as Gill “fire” servant

Fire Hand- G, lava power, male, big powerful and brutal
Ice Hand- Kolin, ice power, female, fast technical and strategic

Gill is all about control/dominate powerful opposite energies, wich is itself a great expression of power

Gill having a male and female hand will also symbolize a bit the male-female thing of
immagine
With male and female being opposite energies, just like fire and ice

May also be just artistic freedom but this Bengus piece got G with eyes and golden parts looking incandescent… maybe V-Trigger form?

3 Likes

In other game news!!

It’s Terry!!! WOW

4 Likes

Wait so 5th August is G’s day and today is my simultaneously mine, @mykka Eliza’s and Maggio’s birthday :thinking:

New theory: Is G my long lost cousin?

4 Likes