The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Correctly, it should be MIÐ - guarðs - orm (literally, “middle - garden’s - worm”). Old Norse - and modern Icelandic - always stress the first syllable. The Ð is like the English TH in “father”, and the R is trilled (like in, well, ANY language that isn’t English, lol).

Curiously, in her old profile May hated Lucia, though.

4 Likes

I don’t why so I’m into this kind of girls that dress this way… like kof’s king etc maybe that’s why I kind like falke haha.

Nice to see CFN continuing

1 Like

Many thanks dude. I’m doing a video and I wanted to properly credit a finding of yours! Any website or twitter shoutouts you want me to plug?

1 Like

What video? Do please tell us, is it related to the Q video you did in the past.
Could you link it when it’s done?

1- What they did?
I don’t follow UDON
Personally i will just like something on Tom canon stuff, like his fight with Gill or (less known fact) why Urien seem to hate him, even if in theory he should not even know him

2- I’m thinking about a lighter but more mobile Abel, and no, even if some will say “Laura” she’s not what i’m thinking.
I will like them deal with the striking-grappling (or reverse) transition aspect of MMA, using stuff like Abel’s Change of Direction or Guy’s target combo into throws.
Imagine it more like Nash normals wise but with progression into grappling

I will also like see a more cool/technical version of a couple of Alex specials to enrich his role as Master… i’m thinking slash elbow, knee smash or neckbreaker

3- I’m confident on Necro’s chances in either S4 or S5, as i think SF3ers will get some priority in last seasons
Actually i will like see in same season Tom, Necro and Gill as they’re connected (both with Gill)

In UDON Tom was made into a general who quit because his investigation on Gill wiped out his unit. I just hope they keep him like in SF3, just a strong man with military ties who catches Gill’s attention.

Speaking of Abel, his cameo in Rashid’s story suggests he’s been keeping tabs on Sagat maybe when Sagat comes, Abel will be following him in a manner like C.Viper.

On Necro, I hope they keep his voice based on NG/2I performance because 3rd Strike just ruined him and it’s likely they’ll make him based on 3S. I also hope that they give him his NG theme too as the theme really needs a revamp, leave “snowland” to 12:

Tbh i hope if they bring Tom in they will stay away as possible from army past shit… all this militarization of SFV cast seem to be made to please the american public into some GiJoe shit

Just watch how many char got some sort of militar uniform or spec ops gear… fuck this shit, martial artist themed chars from around the world should ever be SF core

For Tom i will like they focus on the MMA instructor thing, the last recent special on him with him having a legit MMA camp with a specific master for each discipline was cool as fuck and much closer to what SF should be: fight culture

Keep him urban and Leon-based, no camo/spec ops shit pls

Said that again, i will welcome some story on his possible past with Illuminati, if Urien’s hate will still be a thing

3 Likes

This, I agree with immensely! When will Capcom see that pandering to western and 2010’s culture isn’t going to work, it makes the product lose self-respect. There’s a difference between taking inspiration and just pandering to them. However, I wouldn’t mind Urien/Gill be connected to Tom or him being a MMA instructor.

On the topic of Necro, Capcom better hire none other than @Shockdingo for his VA. He mixes his NG/2I voice with a Russian accent that really captures the character, you can see it for yourself:

Skip to 1:30 to see the part.
2 Likes

Oh, that’s a bit embarrassing… I don’t have any site, nor twitter account; thank you anyway! What finding would you credit, exactly?

3 Likes

Yup, it’s another theory video!

Heh, no problem about the sites, I’ll still give you a shout out. The Oro vs Q quotes, and the proper translation of Gillian Leigh’s name are what I’m using in the video.

3 Likes

Another Q video, I’m hoping that this new one will be a step up, especially since ideas on SF story have changed since the Q vid was made.

Also,
Can you be Necro’s VA for SFV/6?

I’d love to voice anyone in Street Fighter (Q, Necro and Oro are at the top of my list), but unfortunately I’m Canadian and freelance, the VAs for SF are part of the Union and living in L.A. so for now I’m out of luck hah.

1 Like

It’s ironic. The English VA’s for SF3 were based in Canada as were the actors for RE, Megaman Legends and whoever voiced Cammy in the VS series.

I just hope they don’t use the 3S voice as a reference for Necro because it’s so bad.

(That being said, if there’s a snowball’s chance for me to audition for Q, I’m throwing down money from my savings and buying a plane ticket. I’d love to play G, but I’m sure all the VO is done already hah)

Tomorrow’s the day. I’m not sure what to expect, but it’ll be interesting. Falke looks like she’s going to have her story take place after ASF. Hope some nifty lore hints make there way in.

3 Likes

I’ve gotten so accustomed to doing win quotes that I’m always itching for it when a character is on the horizon. Been mainly grinding SFV for the past few months and improving, so it’s nice to get back into story stuff again. Seems like Blanka was released forever ago. I am excited for tomorrow.

5 Likes

The thread is going to blow up tomorrow. It’s funny how unlike Blanka’s story, no-one has been speculating on Falke nowhere near as much as Blanka.

It’s especially important to me because after 14th May I’m going on a hiatus from this forum so this is probably the last big SF I get until my hiatus. I haven’t really properly played SFV since late February due to my revision so I think that this might be the last time I properly play SFV until mid June.

I think it’s because nobody expect surprises

-this germanlooking germanspeaking with germancolour VT gurl from UNKNOWN nation got kidnapped by shadaloo
v
-usual boring shadaloo shit a la dolls, drama nobody care
v
-Ed free her, they go search together other shadavictims
v
-MAAAAAAYBE one interessing screen at the end

Personally will just like see better Gorilla and Knives, that’s it, no big expectations.

My hype is for Cody/G

ps: also kinda pissed at no costumes/stages coming with it

Funny little Street Fighter short was released today, the timing’s perfect, because Juri’s voice actress is Kira Buckland, also the English VA for Falke. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Vega deserves better :frowning:

Vega ever deserved better
Rog too, to some extent

Shada-generals hype ever stopped at Sagat, and Juri later

Vega and Rog ever striked as not SO high (aside ASF Vega, who finally feel legit)

The idea of the 4th/lowest general being a roid up prime Tyson was cool af because hinted a greater scale starting from the actual baddest-man-of-the-planet and going up

But resemblance aside Rog just ever looked like… just a boxer with a big punch
Dudley just felt so superior back then

Sometimes i thought they could have used Zangief instead as 4th general… the scars, the soviet theme, the savage style (who remember Gief biting faces and crushing balls? LOL)
All made him potentially better candidate i think

I really like his SFV design though