The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I think it might be that computer game released a year before SF4 where you used the mouse to do motions. The servers have been shut down so there’s no way of playing it now.

And if it isn’t that mouse game then the beta is so off. Those shoulders :joy:

1 Like

Nah, SF:Online looks different, this is one of the super-early screenshots from SFIV earliest development.

2 Likes

I just came back from watching a video of Mouse Generation. The models definitely look better in that beta build than in MG.

@Skort Where did you get the image from?

@TazyryLipo

Cool, back to old forum i found that Prometheus painting too

Aside religions they said, Gill got main inspiration from Saga/Gemini/Pope Arles from Saint Seya (original Gill name was supposed to be Gemini)
immagine
Saga/Gemini identity as Pope Arles is basically where they took most of Gill character

then also from
HNK Yuda
immagine

also Gill represent the Ardhanarishvara (hal Shiva half Parvati)

1 Like

I saw it ages ago and never forgot about it for some reason. You can easily find it on the interwebz if you google street fighter 4 beta screenshot.

1 Like

All of this beta talk brings me to something: I would really like to see things from the past that were left out, like the Chun-Li voiceclips in 2I etc. It’s great they’re doing it with SF4-5 but I would like to see the development of the eariler games. New Generation especially.

1 Like

A lot of stuff is left out, for example if you go by the wiki info it seems that Juri had over 400 variations before they finally decided on her look.

These are just a few

I think it’s tough as hell to decide on what gets to be the final product and what needs to stay out of the game.

6 Likes

I remember this from the one prior. I think that they really wanted to make Juri a darkhorse character from the very beginning after the mixed feelings people had on the SF4 newcomers.

1 Like

They wanted her Feng Shui engine to be in her stomach like Seth’s . But thought she wouldn’t look sexy with that lol.

Regardless,i’m glad how she turned out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm… if they made her Feng Shui engine in her stomach and it was weirdly organic looking or whatever and given Juri’s attitude they could have invented a new fetish.

Is spinning abs an existing fetish already?

2 Likes

Actually, the first image you posted isn’t vanilla SF4, its some early location test version (notice the lack of character portrait and the position of the Ultra gauge). Once vanilla Sf4 got released (both
Arcade and console) Ryu looked like in your second picture from the get go.

1 Like

In the Doll version it honestly looks like she has Feng Shui tiddays

1 Like

Yeah, it was on early video probably

It mean they fixed it even faster back then lol

1 Like

From Rashid.

From Ibuki

3 Likes

How likely is it that G will be revealed next weekend at EVO?

100%, there’s no way Capcom would announce nothing at EVO.

4 Likes

What event are they saving Sagat for ?

Probably Tokyo Game Show.

I don’t know where this random idea came from, I guess all the waiting for G has made me nuts, but lately a few things have been on my mind;

Ranma 1/2 (gotta love the classics)
Street Fighter almost getting a new cartoon
Wacky anime hijinks (I recently started watching Crunchyroll again and that probably is playing a part.

One thing I’ve always loved in comics and manga and anime is the “day off” type of episodes where we get to see the day in the life of someone. I always loved how zany Ranma 1/2 was where any situation could be turned into a manic martial arts contest.

Well as I was doing the dishes, I just got hit with some random omake episode in a non-existant SF3 anime.

It basically was a light-hearted episode of Chun going about her daily life, taking care of Li-Fen and the inherent weirdness of the SF universe. Chun Li’s title of “Strongest Woman in the world” has gone unchallenged and so, some ego-driven, but ultimately talentless fighter tries to take her “title” from her. In Ranma 1/2 fashion, things escalate, property damage ensues and people are punched into the horizon.

I don’t know, now I kinda want to do something with this idea. files this into the cue list with 10,000 other things I need to finish

3 Likes

Morrigan SF3 style

13 Likes