The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Falke concept art

3 Likes

Looks like they didnā€™t have a lot of alternatives for her default.

Her story costume didnā€™t stray too much from the original designs either, I like her hairstyle in the second concept art.

Here is the pic:

Does SFV look lilke it? Not there yet, I guess, but itā€™s not that far off and I find it much more interesting to look at than generic anime fighters. Thereā€™s work to do and I hope they keep the same direction.

Couple more pics

Summary

Model improvements over SF4

If SF6 contimues the progression itā€™s going to look incredible.

10 Likes

Iā€™m one of the heretics that think that SFIV didnā€™t look too bad, as a first venture into 3D at least (the EX series doesnā€™t count).

With that said: holy shit, Chun in SFIV looks so bad once youā€™ve seen her in V.

3 Likes

I think Falke would have been more interesting if she wasnā€™t so strongly connected to Ed. Some of those concept designs make her look like an escaped mental patient, and I think it would have been better if they had gone down that route instead of just making her a second banana to Ed. Make one of those her default costume and get rid of her immediate relationship with Ed, have her escape on her own, and sheā€™d end up being like a more interesting Decapre.

Also, Cody concept art.

4 Likes

What in the holy name of God is that second concept art for Cody?

4 Likes

I guess Cody on death row. Pretty dark.

Actually one of main reason i will like see Gill in SFV is new tech will allow crazy shit, and no char use special effects as him lol, he will be the flashiest shit ever

Btw of course Urien is more accessible and likeable, his Souther(HnK)/Demetrios(Cestus) source are just that awesome
Also Gillā€™s attitude is just a mask, the problem of SF3 is that they acted as if they got all time of the world to develop him then SF3 end and we got only his introduction until the (likely fake) loss to Alex.
Same with Ryu under Oroā€¦ whole SF3 way of touch canon was as if a SF4 (under same people) was close and inevitable lol

But as char to exist as he is he need his brother as counterpart, as heā€™s essentially the shadow of Gillā€™s light.
Without the whole rage/frustration/etc he will be just another angry badass with giant ego

Iā€™m not sure, Iā€™m not a graphic expert but assymetrical design and other things such as his giant wings and glowing aftereffects can easily be done with CGI.

Both the ice/fire storm super and the wings one will have looked cool and OP af with the right effects and SFV base

I like her final design, but they got some great ideas for her escape from hospital/lab Story alt, much better than final version

Very cool to see concept Cody got dark sand hair as middle way between brown (FF) and blond (SF)ā€¦ too bad they ignored it, will have looked a bit more unique in SFV blondcast

Words cannot describe how hype I am for this.

@mikros The vision is finally coming into fruition! Also I am 100% certain Chun is going to have a costume as well, and if Bison has tapped into the Morphin Grid to control the other Rangers I imagine heā€™ll have some kind of extra form. Personally I imagine it looking something like Gemini Sagaā€™s armor, maybe with an extra mask to make it seem like a full helmet (likely a skull).

Gill could still return but not as a playable character or Gill could return with similar specials as his previous but has an entirely different and new normals if as a character that is usable. I still want to see a Bison and Gillin one game. Like Necro with Dhalsim and Blanka.

Count me as another heretic that liked how SF4 looked when it came out :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I donā€™t think SF4 was bad when it came but it aged by the time SF4:AE came out and isnā€™t as appealing now.

SF4 wasnā€™t that bad but I prefer the facial looks of SFV than SF4.

1 Like

I was in Tumblr and came across this, I know no-oneā€™ll read it but still:

Itā€™s the ā€œPrometheusā€ painting by Frantisek Kupka done in 1910. Maybe this influenced Gillā€™s final colour choice? It seems to fit with the Greek inspiration theory.

In Greek mythology, Prometheus stole fire from Zeus, and is a ā€œchampion of mankindā€ likely referring to qualities of humanism (which seems to be the belief system Gill follows, as discussed in my first post). I think he even created the humans.

In SF4 defense when they realized one face sucked dicks and looked old af, they fixed it

Vanilla

AE

Meanwhile SFV Ken is still creeping and Alex still looks an old tranny instead younger (than SF3) self

4 Likes

Another possible Gill inspiration from a painting. The same guy: Frantisek Kupka:

6e38a232271e50764dccab2f42e1aca1

Strange. Did Capcom research his art before doing Gill?

SF4 alpha / beta ? The character models are pretty funky to say the least !

1 Like