The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

We didn’t even expect Tatsunoko VS Capcom would ever happen or worked before…

While SNK fighters is in a kind of different situation and I don’t see any connection nowadays… It’s like the good terms is still likely with Namco.

I would believe the possibility of a Namco Vs Capcom that utilize a similar groove system a like CVS and A3’s ISM…

Or something more bizarre and surprising a Saban franchise crossover (I hope for a Masked Rider)

Since they even made a short film for it, It looks like they had a very good terms like how SFxT was before.

Saban is also huge company besides Power Ranger, I’m not a fan but I would be looking forward for a Representation of Masked Rider and Space Sheriff (VR troopers). OR Hasbro instead?

Too Bad Kamen Rider Dragon Knight wasn’t part of Saban.

Today’s Ryu’s birthday BTW, I changed my avatar in his honor :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

More CFN character profiles:

Menat: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/132470
Eliza: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/132465
Mary: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/132469

Eliza has the same birthday as me

6 Likes

@mykka I know I’ve said this before but I have the same birthday. So 5th August is SF’s lucky day, I can see why :wink:

1 Like

They should have turn the headband to a red scarf instead when changing into a Ranger.

The Headband is kinda weird outside the helmet

2 Likes

I don’t know if this has been pointed out before, but I JUST noticed this.
Alex - A
Guile - B
Ibuki - C
Balrog - D
Juri - E
Urien - F
Akuma - G
Kolin - H
Ed - I
Abigail - J
Menat - K
Zeku - L
Sakura - M
Blanka - N
Falke - O
Cody - P
G - Q
If that’s a coincidence, I’ll eat my hat.

12 Likes

From where do you come to think of that placement and arrangement?

Damn lol good eye

It will be awesome if truly they planned him in S3 for that since begin lol

Please god, just let SF6 finally take a page from GGXrd or DFBZ for it’s visuals…

1 Like

Not going to happen, Capcom sold his anus to that western audience that dislike japanese anime/manga aesthetic

If SFV hybrid shit was’nt enough proof, go watch DMC5… and that was supposed to be a return to classic DMC look

You’re not getting a cell-shaded SF main chapter
Maybe another japan-focused crossover a la tatsunoko, but not a main SF

Btw G’s link with Q likely is’nt just a tribute

If it was a Battle alt maybe, but Story alts almost ever had a canon story link

If SF3 Q reminds anime/manga Robodetective K, SFV one remind a bank robber from Dick Tracy era

Fun thing we already got a stage that feature a bank robbery with masked robbers, in this area

immagine

1 Like

It’s the order the DLC characters came out.

2 Likes

I always wanted a SF6 with a retold ALPHA or SF2 with cel shading style not a sequel to SF3

3 Likes

I want an SF that moves forward as much as MKX in regards to opening us up to new characters and a new art aesthetic (which MK9 kind of pioneered but the point stands)

I am so tired of the ugly-as-hell SF4/5 look.

1 Like

Iiiiiiiiinteresting!

Same here, I really would like the kinks to be finally worked out so that SF6, SF7 and so on can continue and grow and we finally arrive at a point after SF3 so that each new entry moves things forward and we’re not just stuck in the prequel era waiting to get caught up to the modern days. C’mon Capcom, the 90s are over, Y2K isn’t that scary, SF6 can take place in 2000 now lol

1 Like

Actually, I felt that DMC5 felt like a natural evolution and it looks good at least. If you want a better example, look no further than MM11. The definition of playing it safe while the new RM designs look like some fan designs in Deviantart (the voice acting alone.)

For SF6’s art when it comes. Definitely a anime look that’s able to take itself seriously without being too over-bearing. The modelling should be based off the art for the game (eg. Based on Bengus’ art, though I wouldn’t mind Nishimura).

On one hand, it seemed we were getting to that point with MVSF-CVS2 but we had SF4 to remind us of who these people were and besides, it made sense to explore the time gap. SFV tried moving these characters and breaking their ties to their old Alpha-SF2 roots.
Besides, it should really interesting to see where we’ll be going with the major potenial returnees.

Besides the early 00’s are a great era (better than the 90’s). Totally not biased here.

The reason I believe they are afraid of moving past SF3 storyline is that they’d have to skip Bison, Vega, Balrog and Sagat entirely. Or at least for the first few seasons.

3 Likes

I don’t like anime /cel-shading that much so I rather Capcom don’t give a hypothetical SF6 that look. I think its time for SF to get more realistic in terms of graphics and body proportions (like they are doing with DMC5). Mind you, by realistic I don’t mean dark/gritty (many people tend to equate realistic with that for whatever reason).

I believe they could do two different SF at a time like how it was in the 90s but have different game play style. Since FG have evolve nowadays in a very various category.

Like SF3 has a huge depth gap with SFA or SFV isn’t like SF4.

I do want to see an SF game that is featured in the same timeline of SF3S(Not to replace 3S) but with different characters involved mix with some Sf3 and SfA characters…

Like those characters were in a different agenda or focus while both events is happening at the same time in SF3…

Like where is Cammy, Karin, Geif, Neo Shadaloo, Sagat, Fang, Viper, Sodom, Guile and etc… So this explain why they are not in SF3 events rather than they all quit or die(lame excuse and handling of character by killing). They could still include Ryu, Ken and Chunli as guest or passer by along with other Sf3 characters like Urien and Necro but does not have a strong involvement in narrative perspective. I think this is the only win win situation.

1 Like

Please, stay away from anything realistic for SFVI.

Keep the current look from SFIV/SFV, or improve on it, or go full anime, but never ever think of go for photorealism.

8 Likes