The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Wait is the panel over?!

Whats new? whats new?

New Falke & Juri costumes are always welcomed.

2 Likes

Hmmmmā€¦

3 Likes

4 Likes

Does that costume improves Falkeā€™s anti-airs?

Because that thing sure looks like an helmet.

Also, holy crap, Juriā€™s horns are massive.

Cot damn, Kolin!

Sakura probably had a bikini costume using the secret codeā€¦

4 Likes

Capcom usually release fighters between each SF entry, and there are rumors that:

S4 will have 8 characters
SF5 will be supported for another 2-3 years at least.
Capcom already started SF6ā€™s development albeit itā€™s VERY early (This makes sense based on precedence not just on rumor)

This leads me to believe that we are going to get an non-SF game. Darkstalkers seems like a big risk right now, so I think another cross over is imminent. Iā€™m hoping for a Capcom All-stars or CvS3.

6 Likes

Extending SFV being mainstream is a good choice and Capcom All stars isnā€™t a bad choiceā€¦

Looking back how SFV was disaster and a failure for the early year but was amazing for the way it comeback and rise from itā€™s ashes because of the extra updates. I know there are some terrible design choices in the mechanics that ditch the traditional and core expectation in a SF game and I donā€™t say it is a good or a bad choice. TBH I donā€™t like Ryu here in a personal stand point I prefer how Ryu is played in the past that can go effective even as a defensive character and having your own style, he has poor SRK and projectives but overall SFV was successful on how make a come back because of the extras from Stages had been reworked and Costumes had been given extra stuff rather than generic onesā€¦ making them worth it along with the greatest return the arcade mode.

as for CVS Iā€™m a fan and it seems like they arenā€™t in with the current SNK?

They probably just do another Namco collaboration again, but inspired more by CVS2 gameplay and techā€¦ not bad as a direction if that would be a reality. Something like a proper Capcom x Namco rather than 80% of SF and Tekken characters.

1 Like

I expect SF6 by 2022.

2 Likes

Wasted opportunity to promote SFV

If they got anything cool to show (and they got at least G + some extra stuff), the Comic Con was the good chance to refresh the gameā€™s image in an open to everyone event

They used it to show more alts for the waifus and thatā€™s it lol

Then they will show way more interessing stuff at some more obscure event, followed mostly only by the already fidelized niche crowd that will have got the news anyway if they used Comic Con as channel

The sad irony is that they let marketing invade areas of SF that were better before marketing touched them, all while sucking at actual marketing

I really like Juriā€™s costume. Heavy metal/biker/leather is HNNG. Menat looks cool, too. I would like Falke better without that hat. Interested in the easter eggs.

1 Like

New girl costumes are okay. Falke is ugly as sin though.

That Ryu Ranger is bad-ass lookingā€¦almost as good as the evil Green/White Ranger in the comics recently (which is the coolest Ranger design ever)

2 Likes

They might be saving other interesting news for next event and I hope itā€™s not just about costumes againā€¦ But I hope the ranger Ryu would appear in SFV alt

Jetman

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if itā€™s currently in the conception phase.

According to a interview with one of the SFV staff on CFN. CVS3 was planned to be developed back in 2003 but was cancelled. I also remember reading that SNK want nothing to do with Capcom after SVC:Chaos.

With Megaman 11, Resident Evil remakes and DMC coming out soon, a Capcom all-stars is more beneficial. I feel that Darkstalkers WILL return but itā€™s more a matter of WHEN.

Seem made to happen, even with code mode

Too bad they didā€™nt redesigned Bison, he will have fit more with the metallic/trashy/overdone style of Power Rangers, could have resulted into a very good alt for him (while on Ryu will feel out of char)

3 Likes

Ryu power ranger costume fits because letā€™s face it Juri is a perfect Rita Repulsa,so it all adds up.
download

9 Likes

Tbh that PR Ryu alt is even well done considering it had to follow PR aesthetic

I just waaaaaay prefer when they stick to SF/capcom like world aesthetic

Example i liked a lot the idea of Cammy getting Cannon Spike alt, too bad these fortune alt seem destined to be an 1 dor month thing

1 Like

Just end up into this, i think they used Tokura as part inspiration for SFV Abigail, specially Bengus one