The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

In Cody’s defense capcom purposely teased him with tons of panty-shots

1 Like

Also Sakura said she was legal…but it was Japanese legal age, not Metro City legal age.

I know and as fan (of SF,of martialarts/fightsports and as former illustrator) i love see for each design where they’re gone take the references to build a design on

Anime, manga, real life peoples, hollywood movies, folklore/culture etc

But martial arts references are just that good
Other based on popular media seem in large part destined to get a recognization from the audience and tend to be more “on your face”, some of the martial arts references are SO deep that almost everybody will miss them, including hardcore fans

Stuff like what hidden reference represented by Oro’s arm, why Abel’s normal punches were all palm strikes, why Alex got blue mma gloves in the vs Rog artwork (and the description of the fight) and tons of others

Stuff like that, little details there without even pretending to be discovered

1 Like

A book like the MM complete works showing early concept art or original ideas of inspiration needs to exist.

Not just for SF but for other series too. We know that Morrigan/Lillth was based off a American comic character. Megaman+Roll were Astroboy+Uran, classic Blues was Racer X etc. What more is there?

Fucktons and fucktons of material counting just SF itself, let alone Capcom universe as a whole

Just Ryu got inspirations by so many real or imaginary characters (some unexpected too) that is ridicolous

An interview with the guy that made the theme music for Zeku, Cody, Ed, others and the General Story mode, I found it on reddit:

https://ginx.tv/sfv/daniel-lindholm-sfv-music-interview/

10 Likes

Guile sounds like he’s trying to be seductive.

5 Likes

Juri tries out Menat’s Card Readings, results are predictable.

6 Likes

Cannon Spike Cammy confirmed to end 14th August… too bad i wish it ended sooner (end July)

Not a fan of EX, but I know you are. Wasn’t sure if this had been posted yet.

6 Likes

So, are you guys excited about the World Warrior TV Series currently in development by the Assasin’s Fist crew? I just re-watched AF a few weeks ago and thought it was really good, specially considering the budget; supposedly WW will have much more budget due to the production company that got involved.

3 Likes

#notourRosso

I’m looking forward to this. I’m having a blast with FEXL as is. Anyone who hasn’t bought it yet should.

1 Like

Has there been any news about that? I haven’t heard anything from those guys recently.

1 Like

Yeah, strange. We haven’t heard a thing since it was announced. I think it’s either been cancelled or pushed back/delayed. Probably the latter.

Tbh i believe a WW project is either going to be too much beyond theyr possibilities to be done or done poorly and super cheap

Real excited, but just having the usual nervousness that I get when a beloved property is adapted. Feeling positive though.

That’s kinda a dramatic take, it’s only been a month or two since the last announcement. This early in production is typicslly when the boring stuff happens - location scouting, pre-production, gathering production staff, etc.

2 Likes

Yup super excited. I hope that an expanded budget will bring more polished effects, wardrobe and some more talent. I just hope that the inclusion of the new production company doesn’t take away from the true vision of the fans like AF presented.

Don’t know why there’s so much doubt in here about their capabilities. AF was announced in 2010 and didn’t come out until like 2014 so like 4 years. We got an announcement this year (another 4 years) about the WW project being green lit and being made as we speak. So given the time frame I’d say it’s probably gonna be released around sometime next year.

3 Likes

Here’s hoping the project will be a success and Cammy will be in it.

2 Likes

Kinda. I found the Assassin Fist very lacking in plot and very cheesy with its cosplay feel and yelled out attack names. Didn’t bother watching the SFV thing they did. SFII should be better, but who knows.