The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

They do care about tying into SFIII) It’s SFV’s purpose, after all, and Necro’s Character Story is probably going to be one of the most important ones of SFIII characters since it would be connected to the Illuminati.

And looks like Dasvergeden will be disappointed again, on EVO Capcom will just reveal G (he said it would also reveal Viper and Sodom as free characters lol).

1 Like

I don’t think that’s a problem. Drunken boxing doesn’t demand the character to drink alcohol, it could be only a fighting stance, just like Wulong in Tekken.

Nekro and/or Effie have a chance, but maybe that won’t happen until Street Fighter VI (which would be a direct sequel to III).

At this point, I have no hopes for any more Street Fighter Ⅰ character. Not in this game and not in future Street Fighter game either.
Zeku was “kind of” a Street Fighter Ⅰ character on this game, it even had his own story for that chapter.

That’s the problem if they just do it as a fighting stance without the alcohol it lack the visual and looking force.

I think the character thread needs to be stickled already? whos the person to be ask for request and that is need to be tagged?

He didn’t say that, some guy pretending to be him on 4chan said that.

What the? that guy did even have a impersonator? That guy was even busted for editting an MK speculation, What made them believe that the impersonator was not just made to be a convenient excuse to avoid liability haha. I suggest that it should have been flowtron they pretend.

(silently waits for the flowtron imposter to be as a reality new gimmick)

Impersonating either of them is pointless. Vergeben said he’d never leak anything on 4chan, and Flowtron’s inside source has been terminated.

That Dasvergeben is the crappiest leaker among them someone who really just used recent and trendy wishlist post as a template. What excused would be next haha.

Can you link to me where the source that it was an imposter? or the denial?

As for flowtron it still can be done we don’t know exactly the extent of terminated thing.

1 Like

Well, there are many Reddit accounts saying essentially the same things, so that doesn’t matter. As for Flowtron, his source hasn’t been terminated, he said that on purpose to “get the Capcops off his trail”.

1 Like

Maggio.

4 Likes

Yeah, right after Eagle, Retsu is definitely a char that i will have liked to see return
I don’t give much fucks about Udon as is not-official thing, but the USF4 Shinkiro art that got him make think dude got close

Will like to see Capcom give him a chance to be Shorinji Kempo rep in SFV
immagine
But sadly something into old Zeku tell me they will not feel the need of a Retsu type char

I still like martial styles reps for muh SF, will welcome any of the following

Fei Long
Abel
Eagle
Honda (can accept Sodom if got great sumo influence)
Retsu
Hakan
Elena
TOM (as new char, MMA rep)

Agree on Abel working as big brother figure for Ed, essentially doing to future possessed Ed what Gief did to Abel himself in ASF lol

Even if Ed already have a big brother, will be fun if Rog will go against Bison plans and try to free Ed from his boss influence

1 Like

Is there a reason why Capcom avoid saying Rose’s name anywhere? Heck even in Maggio’s profile they refused to say her name even though its blatently obvious who they’re talking about

3 Likes

They’re just being cheeky. Like “Oooh, I wonder who Menat’s master is!” even though it’s blatantly obvious.

It’s funny how even after disproving the whole narrative of SF1 not being a tournament, no Metsu or SnH fueled SRK scarring Sagat, SGS not having anything to do with metaphysical souls, all of these narratives are still very popular and are being pushed around to this day.

Latest Death Battle has it all

4 Likes

Speak of the devil, now I got a Menat message. Google Translate says it’s something about finding a rare person. I guess Rose is missing?

1 Like

probably because of the western publication materials are more widespread and accessible?

The only good thing about him is that he shares the same B-day as me. #Leobestzodiac

Sometimes, I think they just want to spite us Rose fans with these annoying references. Honestly she’s the next best girl after Cammy. Why’s Capcom doing me wrong like this?

@Cestus_II Neither do I but I only pointed that out as some evidence that Retsu is the next likely one.

I will say that I miss the era when SF took actual martial artists and figures as inspiration. Made it feel more authentic, but I don’t mind today’s design philosophy. And for Abel being a “older brother” figure to Ed, agree though Balrog is more of a “father” to Ed IMO. But yes, Balrog should play a pivotal role in things.

@The_Shakunetsu As for the drunk master thing: In Europe/N.Africa/Mid-East, the rating would still remain 12+. There would just be a extra warning label at the back of the box. Not sure about the American/Canadian side of things.

Summary

As for me, wouldn’t mind seeing these (in no particular order):

E.Honda (only OG SF2 not in SFV)
Rose (So I can have a new main apart from Urien/Cammy/Sakura)
Sodom (didn’t transition to 3D yet, could be a alternative for Honda)
C.Viper (SF4 rep)
Abel (story reasons)
Necro (same as Rose)
Dudley (same as Rose)
Oro (SF3 rep)

1 Like

I don’t know how the process of rating do, it could be something like a “point system” that’s Capcom is trying to dodge radically that they even really do change the camera angles?

Yes, because unfortunately like the SF Plot Guide linked in the OP says, most of the nuanced facts are lost for the majority of the fans due to the true material being in Japanese, and even when they’re officially translated (*looks at Udon), they still contain incorrect info. But even then there’s Ryu’s SFI ending in SFV showing the truth.

Of course that’s the case…I’m the one who wrote that intro to the plot guide after all. It’s not only that those nuanced facts are lost, they are completely changed in some instances.
None the less, you should expect narratives like SGS being some soul stealing metaphysical attack having been phased out with the introduction of Akuma and his SGS in SF5.

Yes this definitely seems to be the case. It’s just interesting when compared to a more internationally streamlined narrative like Tekken how discombobulated SF’s really is from East to West.

3 Likes