The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Finally able to log back in here.

In the Japanese version of the CFN site, in the bottom right corner, there’s a voice message from Cody. Yesterday, I found one there from Chun-Li, which Google translate says was about missing children.

Anybody else catch these? Can anyone translate what he’s saying?

6 Likes

Looks like we’re getting Guy at some point in SFV. Here’s what his voice actor in USFIV has to say to Cody. Also note the official Street Fighter page’s response.

6 Likes

@Super_Sonic Aw, you beat me to the punch with that Guy news!!!

1 Like

I really doubt we will see Guy in SFV, seem more a capcom joke

There are much more interessing char still to add, Zeku is there to spiritually replace him and to be fucking honest Zeku’s moveset is 10 times more interessing than Guy is ever been

What i will like though is either

Guy-Zeku and Haggar-Gief happen as crossover alts or fortune tickets

What i don’t like is fortune tickets being only 1 alt costume every fuckknow how much time, i REALLY hope all the past-games related alts i’m waiting for will not end up locked into a lottery that add 1 each month lol

I will be grinding FM/tickets like no tomorrow if FT had like 5-10 alts to unlock

As usual Capcom keep stuff more boring to stick to theyr shitty schedules

Pick Survival
Survival now it’s awesome, the Hard 50 run is fun because you can play it not like something frustrating that will make you lose everything due bad luck (oh sorry twice low HP recover on 40s :slight_smile: )

Now it got some strategic funny side where you can go in confident you can survive another round without use limited power-ups or chose to invest some to win one more fight

Aaaand it’s happened when huge % of players are no more into SFV

2 Likes

But they add Sakura? Yet the demands of Sakura is so high like Akuma. So probably the Guy thing is a joke or a tease depending on “reaction” and what they got as of now is very low. Sakura response was huge even from appearing in Karin’s ending.

I prefer Maki to return with new unconventional moves.

4 Likes

Real talk what are the chances of Gouken returning ?

Not many people played him but most people i talked to like him as a character. Even in popularity polls he was mid-high ish i think.

Won’t there be a huge waste of potential if we don’t see him ? I mean,they went through quite some trouble bringing him back retconing his story. Why waste it all only on one game ( SF4 ) ?

Well, he already made a comeback to SFIV as Ryu’s master and he stalemated/overpowered Akuma, and although he’s a relatively successful new character, he seems like a one-time character to me, similar to Zeku in SFV.

As for Guy, I have some doubts about his return, too, I’m not sure how Capcom would be able to surprise people with him/his playstyle.

Again, i think peoples are just hungry for new infos to speculate on

My 2cents this is just a minimal capcom-america joke built on an english language joke “i used to know a Guy (with big G) like you”

From story mod. That’s it.

My guess is we already have enough jap ninjas, with Ibuki and Zeku (and Zeku may count for 2)

To not count young Zeku form is already an SFVzation of Guy’s moves in good portion:
Young(looking) bushinryu ninja that does

• command run kicks (jump kick and slide)
  • target combo that can end with strikes or back throw
  • big shoulder strike after a crouching dash
  • air to air special throw
  • a big palm (SF4 FA or FF3 special)

Young Zeku made Guy essentially replaced

Then from there how much Guy is “needed” i guess depend on how much one like Guy, but young Zeku’s “job” seem exactly that

Wich also explain the grumpy tone of Guy in the joke audio, as if even him recognize to have been replaced for this chapter

Again i think Guy’s chances to appear as crossover/ticket alt (or not appear at all) are waaaaaaay higher than him being in S4 picks

1 Like

Haggar is still something relevant to wait as costume because of flowtron so probably Guy too but the question is the duality of Zeku? possible interpretation to guy 2nd form? Geki or the Ninja in Warzard(Kenji) or the Ninja in Captain commando(Ginzu)… or simple another alt Sf4 guy alt

I hope new voice too are in the works for alt costumes

My extremely personal 2cents about that

I liked Gouken in the extremely big SF4 cast, but i hope we don’t get him on SFV, as i think variety wise there are better picks for the last chars

If my guess is correct we will get 12 more chars in SFV, 6 in S4 and 6 in S5
8 of these males
6 or these returning male chars (2 new males)

Now, the pattern may of course not end up being that one for last seasons, but i will not be surprisef if end up pretty similar

SEASON 4 WHAT I WANT
Sodom
Necro
Oro
E. Honda (completely overhauled)
Goutetsu
Akira Kazama

You can replace Necro with C. Viper, or some other female other than Rose, Makoto or any Cammy clone.

WHAT I’M ACTUALLY GOING TO GET
Guy
Rose
Yun & Yang
Abel
New Girl
New Girl (probably a Cammy clone)

Every Season so far had a strict 2 male per 1 woman ratio, so that’s something to remember for Season 4 speculation.

1 Like

LOL i did’nt said that to trigger the classic next season guess list, i made the S4/S5 thing just to say we got few slots left

Btw

High unlikely 2 girls as new char, the ratio will probably stay 1-1, and in case of more new characters (i doubt) the ratio will likely favor males, mostly because so is SF overall ratio and because male designs offer a wider range of variety

And again, about Guy i really doubt with so few chars left they will use one slot for somebody that essentially got replaced

Zeku replaced Guy
Abigail replaced Hugo
Falke replaced Rolento and maybe Poison (SF4)

Menat may replace Rose
G may replace Q (considering his Story alt being so connected to him)

Okay, I’ll do this.

Season 4 (What I Want)
Gouken
Elena
Sean
Oro
New Girl
New Guy

Season 4 (What We’ll Get)
Sodom
C.Viper
Fei Long
Abel
New Guy
New Girl

1 Like

Lol i hope you’re right because overall i like much more the second list

I don’t mind the What We’ll Get list I made. I think that would be better for Capcom. Wouldn’t do much for me, because I don’t use any of those characters.

It seems that the messages on the CFN site vary from person to person. I deleted the Cody message and a message from Juri popped up 24 hours later. I think I’m gonna start saving the links.

2 Likes

I think the basic template is going to be just like S3:

-returning male
-returning male
-returning male
-returning female
-new male
-new female

It can deviate from that, but I don’t think we’ll get things like S2 with 5 newcomers, of which to be honest I wasn’t a fan. Speaking of which, a second story mode is really due, cause story-focused characters like Ed and Falke feel like wasted slots to me right now when they couls have put a random favorite like Dudley or whatever.

Hoping they’ll squeeze Akira Kazama in somehow.

4 Likes

Ono deconfirmed Yun and Yang, though, along with Seth.

S4 (what I want)
Sodom
Fei Long
Rose
Dudley
New Chars

S4 (what I’ll get)
Oro
Makoto
C.Viper
Necro (with the Illia Story Costume)
Neo Shadaloo Gorilla (New Char)
Phantom (New Char) / or some another absolutely new character like G and Necalli.

Everything is possible, so it can be 3 males and 3 girls this time.

3 Likes

What I want

Sodom
Eagle
Maki
Necro
Oro
Elena

What we’ll get

Abel
Sean
New Girl