The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Tthey finally took notice of betten court! So glad they finally did after years of telling them on twitter :grin:

4 Likes

Zeku didn’t deliver, neither on popularity, nor gameplay. That’s why they’re bringing Guy back.

1 Like

Out of curiosity,what does that pic even have to do with Cody ?

None of those characters are relevant, except Poison.

2 Likes

It’s just special artwork that’s unlocked by completing Alpha Arcade with Cody.

2 Likes

Ye i figured as much but what does it have to do with Cody ? :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought it would unlock artwork for that specific character.

Completing the game unlocks their ending and sometimes special artwork. Both are separate. The special artwork varies.

What’s posted above is the special artwork unlocked after Cody’s ending is shown.

So in short, the relation to Cody is that you have to beat the game with him to unlock that particular artwork.

1 Like

Tbh i did’nt know Guy was that popular

I mean sure, got cool design and FF nostalgia effect, but beyond that?
Maybe i’ve missed the Guy crowd, but i swear i don’t remember it being a thing

Also to be honest while i liked his appearance and the taijustu thing i ever thought his moveset design ever missed something

Guy is a char i was hoping to see bloom in SF4, but never truly did imho

Half of Zeku moveset is essentially an expanded version of anything Guy ever had, and the other half is even more iconic with the blade kicks working well as SF special plus some more cool stuff

And again, are we pretending a few seconds joke audio about the english version of the game (where Guy bitch about NOT being in the game) is the proof he will take one of the few spots left?
Seem quite the jump to me :smiley:

2 Likes

Pls yes, that can be cool as fuck idea, but i want him to look very human very extreme design stretch from the original
Or maybe half-way mutation, that can be awesome too

Pls no

Guy was popular especially in the 90s before Strider’s debut in FGs in fact the SNES version has “his name on it as the title label” and his more of a recurring character than Cody.

Another factor was Guy was first added SFA.

Guy > Cody in the 90s

Cody was a generic person that time especially those era that STREET of RAGE has bested Final Fight in the console and another factor to consider was beat em up genre was dying that time.

Axel takes Cody popularity that time that even Capcom need to re-invent him.

Yet things have change in late 90s and early 2ks where Ninja’s more awesome… especially the Ninja spot mascot representation of Capcom has official goes to Strider because of sequel title in PSX and being a successful part of the flagship fighting game franchise of the company. Then the beat em up mantle is with Captain Commando that time.

Now without Street of Rage and Axel being buried to obscurity Cody has redeem his original place in pop culture.

2 Likes

I actually made a Phantom concept. I liked some of the mechanics I came up with for her. Her poison effected stun instead of stamina for example.

2 Likes

If Guy does return, I hope they give him his projectile from Final Fight 3.

I could never play Guy, but the run-stop pressure in his gameplay was always fun to watch and fight against.

2 Likes

I enjoyed the clip, glad they’re utilizing their VOs for fun, heck in general, I’m glad Capcom is making more viral content (the Falke reports, Haggar’s letter to Cody) I’d love more stuff down the line.

I’m not dying for Guy to be in the game right now for reasons people have said above, but it would be cool if he gets some EX costume for Zeku and they have him in a cameo or something for a future storymode.

Also, yes to all ideas for including Necro in the future. You are good people.

2 Likes

He had a small shuriken afaik. At least that’s what it was in the NES version of the game.

I never knew he had a shuriken in the NES game.

This was the projectile I was referring to:

“Fireball” seems more accurate lol.

4 Likes

At the very start of the video.

Also another cool special move

3 Likes

What I want:

Poison
Rose
Xiayu or Noembelu
Sodom
Eagle
Elena

What we’ll get:

Makoto or Viper (I much prefer Viper, but both are good options)
E Honda (not a fan)
Rolento (a fan)
Oro (ok)
Neo Shadaloo Gorilla (no thanks)
Phantom (could be a fan)

Gouken , Adon, Dudley

I just want one of those. Gouken the most but i can settle for the other two as well.

1 Like

Cody’s been answering questions on twitter, it’s golden hah!

Sometimes I miss SF4.
But it’s mostly for specific matchups.
That game had some problems, but there were some moments of casual glory that just feel so right.

2 Likes

I gave that move to his fiance Rena. i have too many character concepts.

1 Like