The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

A sad day for all wrestling and fighting games fans.

7 Likes

Also SFV sport Gief

F.A.N.G and Abigail are better in my opinion, Menat is such waifu bait itā€™s a tad too obvious for me even if I like her character.

@midgardsorm , sad to hear.

2 Likes

I like Menats animation and movement, I do also like orbs type gameplay itā€™s something always part of my wishlist but I donā€™t like the way she is written to be somewhat dumb and gullible in her storymodeā€¦

As for Abigail whatā€™s really keep bothering me with his design was the standing stanceā€¦ but they just go on how Hugo is which they shouldnā€™tā€¦ they could have just adopted how the previous works like in Juggernautā€¦ and other Neogeo gamesā€¦ Even Ridley in the new Smash did took that approach.

Well that sucks. Iā€™ll always remember him slapping that host in the Middle East for saying wrestling was fake. RIP big guy :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Aw man, I loved Vader. I did hear recently he was in bad health. :frowning: I was hoping heā€™d recover. RIP big guy.

3 Likes

Profound sadness over Vader. That guy defined ā€œBig guyā€ in pro wrestling for me growing up. A total awesome dude outside the ring too. Super nice and friendly. Of course, also so influential he was the basis for many MANY fighting game characters.

He will be missed.

7 Likes

Blanka Chan v Hot Chun and Hot Ryu

9 Likes

Vader was a wrestler that totally terrified me when I was a kid. Iā€™d get scared just seeing him throw dudes around in the ring like the big bully that he was. I eventually got over my fear and went on to become a huge fan. Dude was one of a kind. Like what Yagami said, he embodied the meaning of big body in wrestling to me back in the day. RIP to Big Vader.

5 Likes

You have to register for EVO to buy the T-shirt. I want one. Itā€™s godlike.

1 Like

I donā€™t even know who the guy was until now but RIP. Itā€™s sad to anyone die.

1 Like

Im sorry but that new Vrosso looks GHEEEEEEY

Pullum tease

6 Likes

Iā€™ve said this before but the Fighting Layer EX characters pretty much just got worse as they went along.

The early characters pretty much all looked like they did in EX2. But towards the second half they started giving all the characters these new, overdesigned shitty anime outfits instead of using their better older designs.

2 Likes

I just hope they would do x-deals with Capcom like adding EX original alt Costumes as a promotional material.

Some SF2AM concept art for Eliza and a rejected Shadaloo character concept. If someone could translate this, then feel free to do so:

She kind of seems inspired by Poison, also CVS2 Chun Li pose at the bottom. Similar how Ryuā€™s CVS2 art resembles his first scene in there (I know itā€™s a homage to a martial artist)

Thereā€™s also this concept art of Yun from NG:

These 3 all came from the anniversary collection, I donā€™t have it yet but I do plan to, if anyone has it as well as a hi-res capture card then maybe we should translate most of the concept arts. They might have some interesting insight into the creation of a character.

5 Likes

The Poison looking chick is a rejected concept character that was supposed to appear in the Las Vegas scene of the movie. Sheā€™s just a dancer.

6 Likes

I have that Animated Movie art book, pretty cool stuff.

1 Like

@Phantom_Miria The post I downloaded the image from claims that was from a screenshot of Anniversary Collection and also says that the dancer was a shadaloo character but from what @Bakfromon states, it seems to imply that the poster is just hyping up for extra likes :rofl:.

One thing I would like is something similar to MegaMan Complete Works where they also include concept art (translated) as well as art and thoughts from the artists like Bengus, Kinu etc. Instead of another ā€œbeachā€ artbook for the waifu crowd.

Well, sheā€™s obviously connected to Shadaloo in a way but by no means an important character. More like a Shadaloo employed stripper or something along those likes.

2 Likes