The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Yes, but that’s because they decided to rush the 1st story, it even had graphical glitches. So I’m pretty sure we aren’t getting the next one until the end of the season.

1 Like

Gets Vietnam flashbacks to the Mel scene and that ugly zooming in of Cammy’s face
God, those cutscenes had me creasing.

@Tatsuroko How did you find out my G+? Just noticed you +1’d me.

1 Like

I also meant hair physics issues)

As for your G+, I was reading old posts and found the one where you posted a link to your G+ stuff.

2 Likes

TBF, that’s still in the game but not the extent it was initially. Now it’s just every 5 matches or something.

I really should get around to posting SF and Capcom stuff on G+, shouldn’t I?

1 Like

Yup, I’d be glad to see that)

1 Like

What surprise me is that they did some stealth graphical improvement without even take credit for it (in stages)

But never did something simple as change few 3D models from ASF, like Kolin or Gill (using Urien’s halloween model)

They could even have changed Ed’s, taking Story alt and toning down muscle on the arms/overall muscle mass to make him look younger

1 Like

Can someone from the translation squad check this. The “type” thing makes me think they are describing them as machines or it could be just a title to look cool.

2 Likes

The type seems pretty obviously to be referencing the first letter of their names.

S for Sean, R for Ryu, etc

1 Like

@YagamiFire I know that but what I mean is “why” they are called “type”. Something special or just there. Midgard is writing a response at this very moment, so we’ll wait.

It comes from one of those flowchart quizzes with multiple answers. I assume there was another page with questions and arrows that got you one of the possible results.
Type E - You’re merry and rhythmical… Just like the lively Elena.
Type A - You’re heroic and strong… Like Alex, a single smashing blow.
Type N - You don’t fall into a predetermined form, you seek freedom… Just like the flexible Necro.
Type I - You’re dreamy and mysterious… Like Ibuki, who learns from the past.
Type K - You’re fashionable and like luxury… And you’re hot-blooded just like Ken.
Type D - You’re a dandy and a gentleman… Just like the Englishman Dudley.
Type O - Eccentric and elusive… you’re like Oro, who transcended humanity.
Type R - You go straight to your objective, an investigator… One who throws all of himself into his task, like Ryu.
Type S - You’re shy but cheerful… Like Sean, a developing person.
Type Y - Speedy and active… You’re like Yun and Yang, fast like lightning.

9 Likes

Anyone happen to see any Cody quotes? Was curious since E3’s allowed people to test him.

Unfortunately the only Cody footage I’ve seen had the language set to Japanese. :frowning_face:

It’s me or Cody looks big as fuck?

Dude is supposed to be around Guile size, he looks big as Urien

These are the ones I have so far:

Cody to Cody: “So this is what I was like back then, huh?”
Cody to Akuma: “I don’t need to follow some path or anything. I got my fists to get me through.”
Akuma to Cody: “A fist thrown wildly hits nothing and serves no one…”
Cody to Ken: “Take it down a notch, man. It’s just a fight.”
Chun-Li to Cody: “The Mayor’s office is no place for a ruffian like you.”

7 Likes

Well, they do say prison changes a man lol. Maybe the path to justice got him in a new routine?

Awesome Darc, many thanks!

3 Likes

Fun thing is that muscle wise he’s not much bigger… actuall proportion wise SFA3 Cody is still the stockiest he’s ever been

I’m speaking abou skeleton/stature, may be an impression but dude just seem way bigger he’s supposed to be canon wise

2 Likes

I like they dropped the “super powers” Cody bullshit they supported in SF4

Akuma here is treating him just as a wild brawler, as it’s supposed to be… no hints of some crazy secret potential

I like Cody to have this kind of fitting role in SF, in SF4 felt like a walking meme destined to never be canon

8 Likes

Yeah, I like the idea that he’s got a ton of potential that he wasn’t showing back in his prison days, but was getting nervous on how this could be implemented, especially if it led to some hidden hadou powers and him going super saiyan or something. Also, I did like how Udon showed his experience fighting multiple people at once threw off Ryu, combine that with his ism dodge-skill, I see him as being unpredictable and really punishing when he sees an opening.

2 Likes

Don’t let new quotes fool you. Old ones stand.

Cody is the main hero of a pivotal Capcom franchise folded into SF.

He is a TOP tier main character alongside Ryu and is not to be underestimated.

2 Likes

Where did that theory around Cody’s power originated anyway?

I heard about victory quotes, but I can’t find any that seem to imply that Cody is secretly supremely strong.