The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Extreme Ghost Buster was a good one, it worked smooth in the narrative by introducing new characters without messing up much of the older characters rather than the theme we can do this even we are genetically different than the previous, I don’t know if people had that taste of mine.

That’s how I want SF3 new characters and Neo Shadaloo would went through in a narrative standpoint than making the iconic character to suddenly act annoyingly and complicated.

You really dislike teen characters don’t you? I could talk about how SF3’s newcomers (at least NG and 2I) were effective but that warrants a reply.

P.S We should’ve gotten Guile instead of Remy

Wait what?

Nah, In a fact in lots of my previous post, I do even like and want them to be the focus and spotlight. while the likes of Ryu to be a side character.

What I don’t like is legacy establish characters or 30s characters that have different social orientation having western teen issues, or going into sensitive with political correctness topics just to sellout and appeal.

So you’re saying that only young people have issues with their orientation and other “modern” problems because these issues are universal. Of course previously established character shouldn’t really be touched but by your logic, Eagle shouldn’t even exist.

I’ve said this before but just change the subject, you’re going to irk half the people on this thread and create bigger problems.

What? Your concluding stuff far.

I was a fan of Eagle and he is one of my most requested character, I don’t care about his sexual orientation. I don’t dislike poison, I don’t disgree or agree of him or her being in part of future SF. and I don’t concern even concern what she or he is supposed to.

I just don’t want legacy characters change and act like teens or someone that is a establish character raise in the mountains away from technology having concern and sensitivity with political correctness as a motivation to fight because he is asian.

You seem to be saying it like it’s becoming a problem. With the sliding timeline it’d make sense for them to use a phone. Ken due to business etc. But obviously not Ryu or Dhalsim, if anything wouldn’t modern communication like Skypé solve some problems like with Guile not seeing his wife+daughter.

On a different note, I don’t know if this has been posted before, but I noticed this on a Cody image - above what I presume to be the city’s town hall, there’s a fighter motif thing.

I can make out a Spinning Bird Kick and a Sagat fireball, and ofc a generic DP - but is that Adon in the centre? It kinda looks like Sagat, but could also be a Jaguar Kick, with the effect around the foot.

Does anybody else stand out as definitely / perhaps a character?

Edit: Is that Cody’s crouch animation to the left of the spinning bird kick?

4 Likes

Specifically it was my teacher in college who was part of the team with Final Fight back in the day.

2 Likes

I think it’s just a generic “capcom muscle fighter” body

If you really search a name try Seth, but on reality “capcom muscle fighter” body is a safer bet

2 Likes

Nah, From where did you get that, Your continuously jumping to areas that is far from my issues here and accidentally misleading again.

In fact in the more recent comment yesterday I did mention to you that my 60s parents used social media.

The problem with you man is your misdirecting stuff, I don’t know if you do it intentionally because it is frequent. Or that’s how you handle arguments.

The topic is about reboot then redirected to SJW and political correct sensitivities. I have elaborated my standpoint numerous times.

I just missed the lol button.

The current state of this thread

15 Likes

@Hawkingbird Us right now download

Anyone with camera mod experience?? XKira used to have videos displaying a lot of secret stuff on the stages. I specially liked the Shadaloo cannons stage where an if you put the camera at a somewhat big distance, you could see the whole base forming the the Shadaloo symbol…

5 Likes

Ok, I think the thing here is that older character designs, 80’s, 90’s I’m talking about, were meant to be relatable and admirable on a deeper level. You may be a high schooler and admire and relate to the troubles and ambitions of a vagabond martial artist or a police officer who seeks justice or vengeance, even though you are neither one and you may not even want to become one, because the characters are solid. The more modern trend is to make characters relatable on a more superficial level; are you a high schooler? do you like music? here, take this character, a high schooler who fights in a cool jacket and wears some headphones; relate to that.

The problem with the modern take is that it only works on the specific demographic it targets. Mostly everyone may like a good and classic character design and admire/relate on the deep level. With the new type, though, if you are not the target you’ll see through the bullshit and realize they are shallow; even worse, you will initially like a character and then grow out of it. You’ll never outgrow Ryu, Chun Li and the other classics.

I would say Street Fighter has mostly done a good job avoiding this thing with just a couple exceptions. Keeping fingers crossed.

2 Likes

What’s going on here?

11 Likes

@Daemos Nothing noteworthy, you can go back to sleep now.

1 Like

See’s 38 new replies, gets excited, and sees…there was nothing to be excited about after all.

6 Likes

Erm…

That’s somewhat crappy when you know about the REAL Hi-Res version used for Eternal Challenger… And no, it’s not the picture that I’ve uploaded. The one that leaked on SFHD was bigger and better than this. And It was the “clean” version without the captions.

3 Likes

FINALLY!

After Vegas crashing 3 times… I managed to upload the COMPLETE (the only exception is the soundtrack section) Museum Tour for 30th Anniversary Collection. Enjoy!

Feel free to request any artwork.

Now I wonder… if the japanese version will add more of this kind of stuff. I hope so!

12 Likes

@Lord_Vega A 3 hour long video and the fact that your uploading software crashed several times. You need all the credit due.
Is there any “rare” art that maybe hasn’t been seen as much or not seen until now?

Here’s another question I have that I must’ve drilled down everyone’s throat 900 times back in the old forums. In Marvel vs Street Fighter, when one wins a match the winning character will say something, not a win quote but literally something audible. While the Marvel characters just re-use their normal phrases (except for Omega Red and Cyclops who says “I live to destroy the weapon X” and “Dreams don’t die!” respectively) the Street Fighter side say something, each non-hidden SF character has a dedicated voice clip so I’m wondering if you or any other translators know what they mean? It’s even worse that the sound test doesn’t contain those victory speeches so you have to look in YT or I’m to record them.

2 Likes