The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

TBH I never saw it as a massive format, only something used to share videos easily while this was still the main site used.

#memorialday

7 Likes

Probably wrong thread for thisā€¦ but Cody with a fireball just seems whack to me. I always saw him as a up close brawler.

IMO they should have just kept the criminal upper and maybe changed those dash kicks instead. I wasnā€™t that impressed with the trailer. Will pass thanks.

Edit: Also City of Metro City? erm okā€¦

1 Like

He always had a projectile though, instead itā€™s now a forward moving tornado.

And again, i hope not all his ruffian kicks look the same and just go diferent distances.

3 Likes

Codyā€™s projectiles are from pure strength. That is so Cody it hurts :smiley:

My hype is at incredible levels! Not only is Cody back, but heā€™s finally in a costume I love! I can straight-up just play myself in a Street Fighter game!

4 Likes

SF5 is sweeping a music awards right now somewhere in an alternate reality. YAS CAPCOM YAS!

7 Likes

Anyone got SF 30th Collection?

Iā€™m dying to see the characters profile. They seems to be REALLY complete and accurate.
Hereā€™s Ryuā€™s at 3:18 (confirms that SF1 was a tournament)

And Chun-Liā€™s at 1:22

5 Likes

Been so caught up that I forgot to post this:

10 Likes

The Taekwondo artist in me wants to do the double kick/mega crash. Iā€™mma try - be right back.

2 Likes

I technically bought it twice. Got the Switch version from Amazon for $32. Preordered it on PS4. I could not resist being able to take SF on the go.

1 Like

Did you already received it?
Mind extracting a few profiles?

The profiles seem a bit simplistic to say the least although they give a bit more insight than any current official Eng version of a SF character profile.

I wouldnā€™t really call it a confirmation of SF1 being an actual tournament though. All other (Japanese) evidence weā€™ve received points to it not being one.

3 Likes

Jessica realized her mistake, she can stay in Europe, Brexit thot.
d9q6h64itnu01

5 Likes

Secretaries are always dangerous. Remember Kolin? Watch Codyā€™s secretary turn out to be an undercover agent of sorts.

1 Like

Are we sure they are accurate?

The part about Nash doesnā€™t seem canon anymore.

I should get the Collection today if everything goes well, Iā€™d love to take a look at those galleries.

Anyhow, on a completely unrelated question: Iā€™ve been looking for some of UDONā€™s artbooks recently, the Darkstalkers Complete Works one in particular, but for whatever reason the prices seem to have gone up a lot in the recent months and it looks like there might be some sort of shortage that caused it?

I think that UDON is still printing that book, should I just wait for that thing to get back to a reasonable price again or is going to stay like that?

Criminal Punisher? I know joe has more closer.

I just realized Cody got more Yamazaki mode in VTrigger haha

4 Likes

Do we still need to doubt US stuff on possibly contradicting info on Japan.

Well, we would have to see the japanese ones as well. If memory serves me right, AAC was the only jap source that mentions SF1 being a tournament. The new info here was Sagat and Ryu having a rematch with Ryu ā€œwinningā€ a second time while Sagat was with Shadaloo.

Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite mentions that Ryu won the ā€œWorld Warriorā€ tournment, however that game isnā€™t canon, soā€¦

1 Like

Chun-Li joining Nash and Guile is still canon, that happens during her SFV individual story.

@The_Shakunetsu Capcom got more consistent with their localization. Although there might be some mistakes here and there, like in Edā€™s story or omitting stuff in the CFN profiles.

1 Like