The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

His rival. I have a photo of them together.

4 Likes

The golden chain probably got lost in the pixel translation being a too tiny detail, so they dropped it even in “cutscene” pixel portraits disappearing from the design of the char

@Cestus_II It doesn’t really matter doesn’t it? Probably would’ve been too hard to animate.

His Final Fight rendition has a darker shade of blond hair.

3 Likes

Yeah i noticed it, still pretty lemon though

It’s also a dark stage, in day light stage the difference will look less evident i think

Cody fireball is taken from Mighty Final Fight
https://discourse-cdn-aws1.com/shoryuken/original/3X/e/c/ecdff2daeb7b8636db2fdf5e49880c3de31259df.gif

I completely forgot about this game

9 Likes

TURN!
THE!
BEAT!
BACK!

My boy returns!

8 Likes

7 Likes

LOL Abi got the face of somebody that does’nt even understood from wich direction the ass whooping has come

@Doctrine_Dark I’m going to guess that:
Pic1: secretary going through obvious government stuff
Pic2: Fight against Abigail
Pic3: IDK
Pic4: Thinking about something maybe prison, Jessica or when he became mayor.

I wonder who the “secretary” woman is? Is there something more to their relationship?
We should get the translator squad on this.
@Midgardsorm where are you?

1 Like

Lol Cody got fuckton of different moves depending on game

The 3D one got all another different set

I like this one, fit him
But having Joe Higashi as my fav SNK char i liked also the mini tornados he got before

Ok so I am pretty sure G or the Illuminati was on the other side of the line. Cody tells him "“I told you I don’t need anything from you”. Who would be offering bribes to Government officials other than the late and great Shadaloo? Mad Gear is out.

This leaves us with G or a herald of Gill - or both if they are one and the same.

Anyway, this hasn’t been said enough but Cody is really hot in SF5. Kinda looks like a nicer and younger version of Geese Howard in some of the artwork. Move over Ryu.

Would have required to dedicate at least one yellow in a 15+1 color palette. Same reason why they went for the light brown hair. An easier palette consisting only of blues and browns gets the shirt, jeans, skin, hair and eyes covered.

Street Fighter Alpha also used 15+1 color palettes, but the anime style meant that they’d rather make Cody and Vega blonde and they didn’t care too much about losing shades of color when the game had lots of flat shading anyways.

2 Likes

@Daemos It probably would be G since he’s in a political position, embezzlement much.

I didn’t know that the reach of the Cody fangirls/boys reached here, we’re doomed.

Doing my job, translating a bad manga about a dystopian future of war, sorry. Thankfully the next two are going to be much better.
Anyway…

Marlowe
“Mr. Mayor, it appears the appointment with the state governor
will be delayed to the next week.
Therefore, tomorrow’s city council will…”

Abigail
“…Huh? Are you Cody?!
Were you released?”

Cody
“I’m now Metro City’s mayor,
the one who will realize
a bright future for you all.”

Cody
“Hah, what a pain in the ass it was.
…Anyway…”

And the somersault kick he did as a V-Counter came from Final Fight Revenge.
Lots of Haggar references as well: the headbutt before the slam, the double hammer punch…

10 Likes

I took that as a reference of his handcuffed days lol

Tbh the light brown hair could have been due the original Cody having light brown hair (and identical haircut)
immagine

2 Likes

The live action part to the trailer was sick.

1 Like

My buddy found out it was another wrestler – Xavier Woods! :grin:

“Such a lust for knowlege! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!”

Hmm, who’s the secretary/assistant?! It kinda looks like they’re keeping her face somewhat obscured on purpose.

Loving how confused Abigail is at Cody’s new look and I love Cody’s response to him the official line and the “what a pain in the ass” line.

@Shockdingo At first I thought it was Jessica until I saw that she had ginger hair. I wonder if there’s anything more to their relationship or are they just friends.

BTW do you want the invite link for the YT group chat?

I think I’ll pass for now on the YT group chat for now. I haven’t heard the other guys chime in with regards to a format. Nothing’s set in stone yet, so it’s something to discuss in the future.

1 Like