The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

This one is kinda betterand got new info than the usual info stuff we got from US products and in game history.

“Non-canon” does not mean it didn’t happen or it’s a what-if. Non-canon just means that everything that happens in it won’t have a lasting effect on the overall canon until further notice (basically the same as an OVA for a long-running anime). Ryu absolutely won SF1, that’s been talked about time and time again. It’s when SF2 comes up that things get murky, and SF5 wasn’t even a tournament. SF4 was a tournament but SF5 is here and we still have no idea what happened.

2 Likes

Hell Lex Luthor’s secretary is danger incarnate.

4 Likes

@TazyryLipo LOL

Glad I already got MY Jessica (leggy, busty blondes are where it’s at :smiley: )

2 Likes

Great to know that you’re married, I think everyone on this thread is either too young or just not found a relationship yet, I think someone else in this thread has a fiancĂ© but I forget who.

My 10-year anniversary was last year. Got married fairly young, all things considered.

2 Likes

l_5b0b75746a53f
download
Cody+Secretary look like the “sexy” animĂ© adult version of Fred and Daphne.

Cody: CmOn GaNg We GoT a MyStErY tO sOlVe!!!

Please don’t kill me.

6 Likes

The way I see it is, if something is included in a Japanese profile but excluded from an Eng profile than I consider it Canon without a reasonable amount of evidence. If vice versa than it’s the opposite and it would need to have a certain amount of reason and evidence behind it to consider it Canon.

Because most over seas descriptions of the event of SF basically describe it as a friendly challenge between Ryu and Ken. There is no mention of an actual tournament until SF2 according to over seas accounts.

Overseas accounts of profiles are more consistent than ours which is why I take that version as Canon over others.

Also, I believe that the SF 30 anniversary collection is only in Eng, therefore I don’t think we will be getting a Japanese version of these profiles.

Link

2 Likes

Made it through the SFI arcade just for fun, mashing specials out while wiggling the stick at full force never felt so satisfying.

The character profiles look like simple summaries of their background for each game, I don’t think they add anything new to the table.

4 Likes

@Phantom_Miria I’m shocked to see that the game is very cheap in the UK, with average prices about 14-18 pounds. Might get it during summer, I really need to play the first two SF3 games, their music+overall presentation is beautiful but I wonder how different the gameplay is from 3S.

Cody upgraded from boring ass 80s blonde biyatch to hot ass nerdy redhead who can take your head off wih one kick and is probably super aggresive in bed.

He didnt fk her she fked him!

Awesome

Very good

Useless

Will buy the first 2

BTW i still need
immagine

2 Likes

That Vega costume is FIRE

2 Likes

Best alt he got by far, in comparision Story/Battle alts he got are depressing crap lol (never let kiki design your shit reminder)

White vest still own it though

SF2/SF4 alt still best

2 Likes

@Cestus_II Karin’s alt is just a white dress
 Literally a plain white dress, have Capcom run out of costume ideas.

It’s a reference to Karin’s transformation during Demitri’s Midnight Bliss in Capcom Fighting Evolution. Quoting myself from August 2017:

That’s Karin as Reika RyĆ«zaki, from Sumika Yamamoto’s seminal manga Ace o nerae!. In the comic, Reika was the star of the tennis club, renowned for the grace of her game. She came to resent the potential abilities of the protagonist Hiromi Oka (a short-haired brunette, very much like Sakura
), but in the end Reika helped Hiromi and became her friend. This is the manga that started it all, the whole “rich and elegant princess at the top of her game becomes jealous of the commoner girl’s raw talent” plot back in 1973. You all should thank Reika for Karin and Lili Rochefort.

8 Likes

I don’t like Karin at all (almost bad as Sakura), but to me, they fixed Karin’s slot with this

and this
immagine

1 Like

@Midgardsorm The reference doesn’t look as clear with with white one, if they made it purple with patterns at the bottom of the dress then I’d allow it.

@Cestus_II Those costumes work because they each showcase her Japanese heritage and wealth respectively. Though I disagree with you, I like Karin and Sakura is one of my favourites in SF.

Man, if the collection was Japanese produced, no doubt they would’ve pulled out all the stops. They wouldn’t just stop at having arcade perfect ports, they would probably add the home versions and give us the option of whichever we wanna play. They’d probably throw in a bonus game or two like they have previously.

It’s a nice collection, but just feels like such a largely missed opportunity.

3 Likes

Oh, how a collection with SFA2Gold, Saturn Alpha 3, the arranged CD for New Generation and Gill playable in SF3 would make for a better game. Would also love if they translated the “secret file” flyers for the game. They have some nice info about a game’s development.

I do think it’ll be translated into European languages+Arabic in a few months, if it was released in the UK then it’s definitely coming out in PAL regions.

3 Likes