The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

TBH I prefer this Cody theme in the trailer that had appeared differently in game. Just a personal preference.

I wished I could find a decent long and complete version of that theme that never appeared in any SF4 game.

His theme now in SFV far better than what they had in-game for SF4. Just a personal preference.

4 Likes

@The_Shakunetsu I don’t like either versions of his SF4 theme, then again I don’t like most SF4’s OST but it is better than alpha 3’s.

The SFV theme like I said before, sampled 3rd Strike and would fit in as a theme in 2nd Impact/3rd Strike if it weren’t for the techno dubstep in some parts. It’s supposed to sound like 80/90/early 00’s hip-hop which fits Cody alot, kind of reminds me of this, maybe it was the inspiration? Unlikely but you never know with Capcom, the lyrics even sound like Cody’s plot in SFV.

I wasn’t into his A3 theme too, not something memorable. Unlike trailer theme kinda from where it begins and seeing Cody bored.

1 Like

@The_Shakunetsu I don’t like the trailer theme, it loops really quickly and abuses the “Turn the beat back” sample. It’s funny that in Alpha 3, all the Shadaloo characters except for Birdie+Sagat got good themes while the only non-shadaloo themes were Ryu, Chun-Li, Rose, Karin, Mika and all of the console exclusives. I also think the soundfont is at fault here, SVC:MOTM did Dan, Sakura and Akuma’s themes better than Alpha 3. IMHO the preference for the OST goes like this.

Summary

SFV>A1/2>2ndI>3S=EX>NG>>SF4>>>>A3>>>>>>>1

But no-one is going to talk about the life-changing discovery about Cody’s theme+3S character select.

Actually it would loop quickly because it wasn’t designed to be a complete theme but I prefer those tunes.

@The_Shakunetsu TBH, if SF4 was like Darkstalkers were each character had their own victory music then I could see that working for Cody.

1 Like

Sometimes I really like a mini beat em up stage in this game just for Cody. Either Shadaloo Thugs or old Mad Gear thugs that aren’t with Abigail.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it’s just meant to be a recreation of the opening to Final Fight, with Cody in Haggar’s place.

All of his themes are just remixes of the FF1 intro. And the best version of that is still Mad Gear Hideout Round 3 from SFxTK.

1 Like

Wait

99% is done, but they did’nt made him brown-haired

We was SO close to the correct Cody :frowning:

1 Like

BTW this was the perfect reveal for E3, specially considering we’re not get Cody anytime sooner

I hope that they did because there’s some other reveal there (Story Chapter 2? Yes pls) and not because they’re lefting SFV behind

DMC5 reveal is rumored to be there (yesssss, fuck crap donte) but i want muh SFV content too

1 Like

Reading the description nostalgia alt will get code to look like this (but white-blue stripes)

1 Like

@Cestus_II I always thought it was weird that originally, he had brown hair, had a gold necklace and had blue fingerless gloves but that seemed to phase out with Alpha 3. I guess they did it to make him more identifiable with players with the animé stereotype that all people from USA/UK are blond and the fact that he was in jail so jewellery probably was taken from him I guess.

I’m accepting his A3 interpretation as his proper and should stay as future standard like they did with Birdie.

Yet I agree if they started with Brown in A3 it’s much cooler but another color correction will just complicate and contradict him visual in future iterations.

Not only that, at the time blond hair suited the blue+white prison clothes.

1 Like

I’d rather say that Haggar’s costume is heavily inspired by Tom Cody’s. The circle is now complete.

4 Likes

I don’t know
Aside personal preference (brown), i think specially in SFV where half cast got lemon head it will have been smart design wise take all the chances to not-blond a char when possible (got same opinion for Vega, his SF4 brown-red was very unique and will have worked well in SFV cast)

Outside that the smart way could have been imho a dark sand blond, wich will have worked perfect as link and will have been unique (instead join edfalkealexkencammybirdie in yellowland)
Think this fan sprite (on the left)
immagine

2 Likes

@Cestus_II The image on the left is what he originally looked like on early arts except the sprite doesn’t have the necklace:

1 Like

Who was on the other line talking to Cody on the phone?

3 Likes

New FF one seem straight from this art, same haircut

3 Likes

@Cestus_II That haircut is so 90’s it hurts. Funny enough, the necklace is there too, looking at the date, I think this is the first of the modern design we saw of him.