The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Cody confirmed!

I think heā€™s been confirmed since December. itā€™s just the date of when heā€™l be revealed has been confirmed.

3 Likes

I know that, you just mis-understood, sorry.

6 Likes

So, @Shockdingo finally made that Q-G video so Iā€™m linking it here to show support.

If you have a YouTube account you should comment to show support, I bet itā€™d mean a lot to him.

7 Likes

Chun Liā€™s last name partially obscured. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Iā€™m still mad that heā€™s Mayor now. I wanted him to stop being a prisoner, but thatā€™s overcorrecting.

2 Likes

Actually the cool part imho is that in SF world awesome crazyness he may be passed from prisoner to mayor without middle way :smiley:

My 2 cent is that Haggar got captured or something like that and as emergency measure Cody finally left the prison to be Mayor ā€œad interimā€ to prevent G from take the city

Like as soon Haggar is free, Cody will be like ā€œfinally, this fucking boring job is worse than prisonā€ and return the Mayor Belt (Suspender) to Haggar

Then return to be a t-shirt guy that sometimes smash punks skulls, until he will be needed again

If done like that in some very very loose way Cody will be some sort of urban Ryu that dedicate his life to training without even realize heā€™s doing it LOL :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the support man, I appreciate it!
Iā€™m just re-posting because, man, these boards need getting used to, I made this post (that you quoted) and it somehow took over and replaced a post from 3 days ago lol

Original post:
Whoo, Iā€™ve been gone for a bit and Iā€™ve been marathoning to finish a project. I present to you my long, looooooooooong in development (I think I started on the script a month or so ago) analysis video on G and Q. I rounded up some voice acting pals, shined up my notes, used a wonderful commission from a fantastic artist and survived the insanity of many many crashes at the tail end of production!

Thanks to all of you for giving me a place to share in the joy of lore and speculation of all things Street fighter! Hereā€™s to the future!

5 Likes

If Capcom gonna touch Haggar they just need average stuff like retirement with his own dojo or became a senator or congressman but not a president or vice president. Just keep it low and ordinary so it wonā€™t complicate thing in future possible re appearance.

Someone made a list of all the Street Fighter related games and TV shows made through the year, itā€™s pretty complete even if he doesnā€™t include comics or games from the expanded universe:

I thought it was pretty cool.

6 Likes

That was so much fun. Your passion and energy are infectious. Made my day. <3

5 Likes

Just saw this on the ā€œdid you knowā€ banner displayed in the combo breaker matches, never paid attention to it:

The characters on Ryuā€™s belt translate to ā€œSwift as the wind, quiet as a forest, fierce as fire, and immovable as a mountain.ā€

3 Likes

Itā€™s a shame that with the way heā€™s currently in the game heā€™s actually closer to ā€œUseful as a toilet with no toilet paperā€.

2 Likes

@AriesWarlock TBH, thatā€™s a common martial arts saying, heard it alot.

@Phantom_Miria Heā€™s been like that since the nerfs, and itā€™s going to happen to Cammy in a future S4 unfortunately for you. Besides you use wipes+paper for a toilet soā€¦

DONā€™T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT :confounded:

Summary

I have Falke and Juri to count on anyway, and an Abigail if I feel like robbing people. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

tenor

Juri does need some buffs though, poor thing. Thereā€™s always Sakura and Urien for me.

7 Likes

Official letter OMG!!!

Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve taken from this ā€œletterā€ from Mayor Haggar

• Continued shared history between Cody and Haggar
  • Haggar trusts Cody to a cetain degree and believes heā€™s right for the job of Mayor, so Iā€™m sensing some character development from SFIV cody to SFV.
  • ā€œAlter the chaotic windsā€: His Criminal Upper will be coming back, but with different properties than itā€™s previous incarnations.
  • Abigail will probably be featured in Codyā€™s character story
  • ā€œtendency to go further than your fistsā€¦use these other tools when the situation demands it.ā€: Codyā€™s V-Trigger unlocks his weapons, throwing stones, and dirt, which grants him additional combo opportunities and extra reach. V-Reveral could be throwing sand in the face.
  • Criminal upper > Political Upper?
4 Likes

The roar of teenage fangirls screaming at the top of their lungs and crying ā€œTURN THE BEAT BACKā€ resonates across the Earth.

But the letter seems to say that Haggar didnā€™t really like Cody until he helped saved Jessica, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s that clichĆ© ā€œcanā€™t let go of my daughterā€ single dad trope.

4 Likes