The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Yes just modify Urien’s move list; look it’s Gill!!!

Or both Extra Battle and final season. His playable version is obviously going to be a lesser one with no Resurrection.

1 Like

I realy like shadow charlie in extra battle he seems not just another pallete swap with different priority, hurt and hit boxes.

I was disappointed with Chun and Gief in extra battle. They could at least give Give armor in every attack for extra battle mode with metalic palletes.

I don’t think it is possible for Urien extra costume to have ice and fire attacks since it was not build as a template from the ground up.

When’s Extra Battle boss fight with OP Cammy?

2 Likes

Yup, I think it should be Canon Spike Cammy with guns using models as additional basis

2 Likes

We’re all talking about Gill and this gem popped up in Maths practice paper:

The fact that he’s on a train makes it worse, like Necro’s original stage. And he’s on his way to London (Cammy will cannon-spike him to next SF game).

1 Like

Tbh Gill fit perfectly the format of Story Mode enemy only + Extra Battle
Maybe also Arcade Mode hidden Boss for SFV/SF3 path and final to SF3 one playing Alex

Urien essentially already is Gill toned down to be a playable char… a well made Gill is essentially a fuck you to SF normal rules, if you balance him to be playable is no more truly Gill

Idk 51% of me will like Gill Playable to get Gill vs Bison in same game, but 49% will accept them keeping him as NPC to stay loyal to his concept

Problem is if they get lazy/cheap in the last arc and we get none of that

4 Likes

You know I won’t make the joke. In the words of Nash it would be “too easy”.

1 Like

@Darc_Requiem But in the words of Cammy: “Too short” for Nash.

Moral of the story: think before you type.

That’s most likely correct, I just remembered that we’ll get Sagat at the end of this season and so he’ll be added to the SFI route as a boss, so I thought they’d possibly have to make Gill playable before adding him to the Arcade Mode too, but in fact yes, Gill is a different story as he’s supposed to be an end-all boss with Resurrection and a full-screen move, so nerfing him to make him playable isn’t a wise idea. They’ll most likely add him in arcade only when he arrives with the 3rd story mode to not spoil a new boss, and I also hope for Necalli’s final form to appear.

Not necessarily. TJ Combo has a “Resurrection” style Instinct move in KI

Yes, but I’m not sure Capcom are going with that. If they do add it to him, they will need to drastically decrease the strength of his abilities, and anyway like Cestus said, there’s already Urien, basically a playable version of Gill.

1 Like

Unless they change how Gill plays, of course

Yup Capcom seems to have some sort of practice that is avoiding decent ideas from current competitors or even from past Capcom works just to project an impression that they are different or innovative in technical aspect even if it is a basic and simple but better idea. I think this started after Capcom is insulted using memes during SF4 era when Capcom tries to find a way to have their own archetype that has already seen in Tekken titles.

I believe this is the cause of casual noobs that go against Capcom by pointing out similarities and inspired stuff from other FG franchise as if those were wrong to do or as if Capcom was dumb when it’s not because this type of people are not familiar with FG scene in mid 90s where things were innovative by improving and adjusting other technical stuff from game mechanics and characters from other recent release games while nowadays they just avoid popular and trendy ideas in mechanics and gameplay even those were good stuff.

There is a way to make Gill unique fro Urien but still keeping the impression of them from the SF3 era, by making Gill have entirely different Normal attack from his previous counterpart and Urien while still keeping Gill’s memorable aspect his special moves and super moves.

I’ve been reading the Undisputed Street Fighter to get ready for the 30th Anniversary next week. There’s lots of interesting things in this book. Nothing much in the way of lore since it’s mostly focused on the competitive scene and the culture. However, it gives us great insight into the visionaries of the creators that went on to develop these characters we’ve all grown to love.

Ryu:

Ken:

Chun-Li:

Cammy:

Guile:

Nash:

More later.

10 Likes

Awesome, thanks for posting those!

2 Likes

“According to the new game’s narrative, Nash is on borrowed time. Based on his track record, though, don’t count him out.”
I know this is probably them not wanting to spoil the ending at time of publication, but I can’t help but hold onto some hope. His new zombie form did seem to connect with the developers.

4 Likes

Well, they can try to do an “holding back” Gill, wich ironically sounds waaaaaay closer to canon encounters (like let Dudley or Alex win) than the SKNlike god of apocalyps destruction we seen in SF3 games lol

I think canon wise nobody faced a Gill like SF3 ingame, not even Urien (who was let win)

Maybe only Tom got a very brief taste of that power and got heavy injuried for months by it, despite him being likely “SF level”

That, or the SF3 ingame version was completely wrong

Btw at the end if Gill must be in let him be in as fucking overpowered NPC
Anything else is like want prime Pamela Anderson without fake boobs, you want her in for these boobs to begin with

They already failed a bit with ASF Bison having normal Bison moves, dude should have telekinesed the shit out of everything like a darth vader on cocaine while psycho crushering left and right like a crazy

And don’t make me start with Necalli lol

3 Likes

Where exactly does it say the quoted part? I couldn’t find that in Nash’s pages.