The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

In all fairness he generally does a good job with his analyses, and it’s not like the guy has a penchant for disliking SFV stuff anyway, he’s always been balanced in analyzing other characters and complimented them too from time to time.

Also, he’s the same guy that used to describe exactly why NRS animations suck major ass, so that’s good in my book.

2 Likes

Maybe because since Power Rangers audience is mostly made up of young kids, exposing them to the full on sex appeal that is Cammy’s costume would raise a red flag from their parents.

1 Like

Cammy’s buttcheeks are too strong even for all of the Power Rangers combined to handle.

3 Likes

Giant tits are OK, though. We must keep the legacy of Kimberly and Ashley alive.

Toku and Street Fighter? Unf noice! I would’ve loved topform Capcom to make toku games (fighters, action or beat 'em up).

2 Likes

TvC should have been Ishinomori vs Capcom. The OG Sentai (JAKQ, Goranger), a handful of early Kamen Riders, Kikaider, Cyborg 009, Zubat, Skull Man, and extended cast members from those like Hakaider or Apollo Geist.

2 Likes

Infinite must have taken a toll on Capcom so bad they resorted to this. Jokes aside, I don’t mind it.

@Phantom_Miria
The crossover we need is Cammy X Kim Possible. Please, please Capcom if you did Duckdales+Goof Troop before you can make this crossover happen.

tumblr_on72vh2iHg1tes8zmo2_r1_500
giphy

1 Like

Slash artists would have a field day with this one.

1 Like

Nah, Capcom will censor KP’s midriff for E-Sports :grin::grin::grin:

Now I want Ninja Turtles and MK Xover for SF in mobile…

or an update of SF4 mobile with Nash, Urien, Alex, ED, Karin and Mika

will be using this good loop video for an avatar for awhile before returning to my custom and usual made one

@shockdingo

About Nash again, I really think Vs Mode Nash is probably what they had in mind for the new Nash initially. When you look at his win quotes, he seems pretty aware of those he encountered in the past (ie acknowledging Birdie’s fat transformation, the fact that Karin is as confident as ever, that he’s always been able to read Vega’s movements since back in the day, the Satsui no Hado within Ryu) and is adamant (“If you were HIS servant, you are just as guilty. Prepare to repent.” quote to Cammy, expressing his hatred for Psycho Power to Ed, telling Falke he won’t stop until Psycho Power is gone from the world ) on eliminating Bison and any connection to him.

Based on the way Chun-Li (“Hands behind your back! You’re under arrest!”) and Cammy (“I’ve heard about who you are. You’re coming with me.”) addressed him, it paints him as a dangerous individual that’s out causing trouble. If he wasn’t, then those quotes would be out of place. Nash had to have did something to garner that type of reaction from them. Ryu’s story shows Nash trashing Shadaloo soldiers. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was actually killing them during his search for Bison. Perhaps something like that would make Nash dangerous enough for them to detain.

He even tells Chun-Li and Kolin that he’ll kill them if they try to stand in his way. This version of Nash seems like he was hellbent on eradicating Bison, Shadaloo, and anyone who annoyed him by any means necessary. He’s kinda how I’d expect him to end up if he was revived normally and had no one like Kolin or the Secret Society guiding him. Nash would just do his own thing, with revenge being the #1 priority.

I know we’ve had this discussion several times in the past, but it’s really fascinating how different Nash is portrayed in Shadow Falls compared to Ryu’s character story and Vs mode. They’re completely different characters. Shadow Falls Nash always reminded me of Drax. Pretty emotionless in general, but the sight of Bison (with Drax, simply saying Thanos would set him off) lit a fire under his ass. He’s like that the entire time. Barely interacts with anyone and is just looking around nodding sometimes. Nash just seemed robotic.

Meanwhile, Nash’s power and Ryu’s Satsui no Hado drew them towards each other and was described as a “power no man should have”. I’m actually a bit annoyed Nash’s new power wasn’t elaborated on more. I feel like it was meant to be more than a simple upgrade to his original arsenal.

5 Likes

I was Hype with the power ranger crossover so I decided to look into tons of other pre existing modern FG mobile games and look what I found a direct FALKE inspiration from a Chinese mobile game named

Cardinals OL

Starts at 2:39

She even charge the gun like Falke lol. Not saying Falke is bad but tbh honest she fine to me but yes her aesthetic is too ED, the hat and hair was overdone.

I understood why they are looking for new ideas outside the traditional stuff but yes I’m still mostly amazed and impressed by those early times when Capcom and SNK have cool new ideas of special moves. Nowadays it’s those guys in the injustice that has cool interpretation of choreography for special moves (i’m not talking about their animation detail here which was mainly there downside of their creativity)

EDIT just found out that her name was Rebeca in english translation

http://bbs.lenovogame.com/hongqueol/56298.jhtml

Video focus on her she even have some kind of spinning attack kinda like the Vskill

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av21210182/

1 Like

apparently the people who made the game above have no shame the blatantly use a remix to Ninja Gaiden 4-2 stage music for that video in the post above. not only that it’s pretty much the Warriors Orochi 3 remix. no it is the Warriors Orochi 3 remix .

1 Like

9 Likes

Excellent points @Doctrine_Dark
I really wonder what changed behind the scenes to have such as starkly different Chuckles. I’m having a hard time reconciling the Arcade and ASF version. If arcade mode is suppose to happen in between him waking up and then thrashing Guile why the personality shift?

Also yeah, definitely think he’s been murdering Shadaloo troopers enough to get some notice. It’d be nice to see that touched upon. I really have to say this about arcade mode, despite my past, fading issues with Ryu in SF’s story, I loved their interaction and was sad there wasn’t more in ASF.

1 Like

8 Likes

Tbh i think if some shadasoldiers were being killed left and right, FANG will be the only one to give two fucks about it lol

2 Likes

That’s not true! Shadaloo Troopers are people too!

Oh, by the way, it’s a little loud at the beginning.
Just a friendly late warning.

Same here. What I really liked was the contrast between the two:

-Ryu was on a long journey to suppress his killing power so he could progress forward

-Nash wanted to utilize his powers to its fullest extent because revenge was his motivation

Both were the exact opposite of one another, but both knew the path they were on. Unfortunately I believe this interaction was most likely excluded since it differs from Shadow Falls. Kolin had given Nash the go ahead to explore the world to make up for lost time in his story. In Shadow Falls, immediately after awakening and fighting Phantom Bison, Kolin told him his mission was to find Guile and take the chess piece from him.

There was a lot of potential there. I always wanted to see how Nash and Ryu would interact, so at least we got something, I suppose.

4 Likes