The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Those mostly that interested so much Q to be reveal are just motivated by curiosity or just isn’t contend to him that they want him to be someone else they imagined.

Q was designed to be a mystery to begin and Q is not designed as a plot character that will reveal progress in the story.

Unlike Necali that is we all know he is intentionally designed there as a temporary replacement/substitute for Akuma so revealing his origins or even sending him to oblivion is already subconsciously accepted to us.

2 Likes

On the subject of Q, I was going through his sprites while working on a video, but I noticed something about his skin once more.

Now originally when I first looked into the mystery, I thought he was white (I was gunning on Q being Charlie back in the day, then Birdie, then someone new alltogether), then after reading the plot guide, I started looking in David’s direction because of the tie and his leg sprites when he used j.FK or cr.Fk., but I’m back to being confused.

On some of his sprites, his neck colours are rather light thus matching that one piece of art where every character is facing left, but on the previously mentioned leg sprites, which show off way more skin, they’re really dark, like not even shading dark, but like brown skin dark (closer to Akuma’s brown rather than Rog’s).

So now I’m wondering, is this an error, deliberate misdirection, or is he a white guy, but wearing some sort of brown superhero-like figure hugging undersuit under his…errr suit? the mystery deepens

2 Likes

I’m back albeit briefly, Q could just be a really dark skinned Indian/Punjabi. I might be posting one or two times this week but next week, I’ll be non-existent.

With Sagat in Alpha/SF2 this is my 2 cents:
-Sagat lost to Ryu and Adon left him
-Shadaloo notices him and he joins the organisation as a way to get to Ryu
-Sagat met Sakura at one point
-Sagat finds Ryu in Australia and beats him but realises that Ryu felt sorry for him
-Sagat sees the error of his ways and sandbags against both Adon and Dan (Alpha 2/Alpha 3 are the same but Alpha 3’s account goes against both Adon and Dan so A2 account happened)
-Sagat leaves to train
-M.Bison decides to use Ryu as part of his plan but Sagat is having none of that so he tries to help Ryu snap out of it.

I’m assuming that Bison doesn’t think that Sagat is at fault for his defeat in Alpha3 so I’m assuminghe was seen as a on-off member during SF2-4 losing his interest in time until he quits completely. SFV has Abel keeping tabs on Sagat if Rashid’s prologue is any indication so maybe Interpol/government still don’t know that he quit.

4 Likes

I understand why they move Sagat’s detachment in a more later because of two factors, first Sagat’s participation in the Shadaloo organize tournament(Sf2 era) and inclusion of FANG.

I still hope the Sagat and Dan interaction in Alpha did happen since it is still probably in a more later time while it will never conflict the rest of the interaction other than the realization…

2 Likes

Even though Sagat was officially a Shadaloo King, I always had a feeling he was never committed to them. Dude was lost mentally and had no idea what to do after losing to Ryu. That made him the perfect candidate for Bison. Since Bison was adamant on Sagat needing to master Psycho Power to advance to the next level, it’s clear that he had a lot of faith in Sagat’s abilities and potential.

Aside from Bison, the only Psycho Power users we’ve seen were ones who were completely brainwashed. He ain’t handing that power out like it’s candy. I feel like Sagat probably thought acquiring a power like that would’ve made him powerful enough to take Ryu down. Eventually he got back to training to enhance his own technique, disregarding the need for that power.

I’m really looking forward to how their win quotes will look towards each other. Bison isn’t shy about calling Sagat a loser, so we know he isn’t going to have nice words for him. Watch F.A.N.G’s quote have him qualifying himself to Sagat about being Bison’s #2. I can already iamgine it.

5 Likes

As for violent ken if confirmed happened in SF2’s timeline within the tournament. I’m okay with it that brainwashed Ken was also there because it makes Bison’s plan more calculated into luring Ryu like in SF2AM making it not just Sagat as the whole foundation of the plan but also Ken that is a significant person to the target.

Then it is still logical and smooth flowing narrative that Bison went into aa different plan like Seth… then Ed after the SF2 tournament failure of his.

1 Like

I expect F.A.N.G and Sagat interactions to be gold or I’ll be sorely disappointed.

I imagine F.A.N.G desperately trying to boast his status as n.2 and second only to Bison to Sagat while Sagat couldn’t give half a damn because he’s completely done with that stuff.

4 Likes

Is exactly how it will going

Fang will make a big deal about Sagat being an unforgivable traitor, be the new #2, be the only worthy to stay the closest to Bison etc

Essentially Fang being @Daemos :smiley:

Sagat will just ignore him, wich can be fun af or disappointing depending on personal tastes

Will be fun if Sagat shit on him, saying how shadaloo’s standards has gone down, but it’s not in line with SFV Sagat or Sagat in general

Sagat can deliver, but not to the weaks

Sagat-Urien is going to be the ultimate “and you call yourself a king” shitting on each other lol

@Phantom_Miria
Remember that Shadaloo family reunion story I made up:

Summary

FANG: How many times did you drop the soap

On a serious note, can’t wait to see the quotes of FANG v Sagat but knowing Capcom and their habit to miss out on cool ideas we’ll have a generic “Ew, and you used to be 2nd in command”

Side Note: when I make my proper return on late-June, I might just make a “spiritual successor” to that story with some other characters.

3 Likes

I just hope they won’t make a fool or messed up of Sagat just to change the impression towards FANG to be a badass and superior. I had a bad feeling that they gamble and risk Sagat’s impression either to surprise or to make FANG into something after the article with Phantom thing.

If they want to make a reasonable retirement Sagat for a while they should just make him beaten unfairly and in numbers while discovering a new pursuit like in the manga that is protecting the villagers.

FANG should always be below Sagat not having him beaten but being more matured, mentally stable and still proven to be powerful, skillful and stronger in situation that FANG cannot confront.

1 Like

Oh right, Urien vs Sagat is going to be a thing in SFV, even if probably not story wise.

That’s definitely gonna look awesome.

4 Likes

They’re very even balanced i think… SFV Sagat is going to be very strong, even if not Gill/Bison/Akuma strong

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind them adapting Sagat’s mini arc from SF3: Ryu final.

4 Likes

I still haven’t read the Ryu Final Manga.

Akuma is pronoounced Ahkmah
Asuka is pronounced Ahskah

I can see that when Dictator/M. Bison and Sagat interact that they will have no anymosity towards each other. They’re like brothers in arms. They will just nod to each other out of mutual respect!!!

@Doctrine_Dark Highly recommended. In my humble opinion Ryu Final is the best piece of SF Manga/Comic media ever released.

2 Likes

Story wise Bison does’nt have a material body right now

Btw i think Sagat despise everything Bison represent as we speak

On other hand if Bison was still alive/physical as in ASF will probably try to just destroy Sagat as simple “with me or against me” logic

If Bison was just weakened but still physical, will have liked see this going on

Thank Spoon. I’m actually surprised I haven’t read it yet. Definitely on the list now.

Shout outs to @Phantom_Miria for being a voice of reason amongst a sea of dickheads on other sites discussing Capcom.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’m a voice of reason at all frankly.

2 Likes