The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

No this is the point where Sagat estranges himself from Shadaloo. Right before SF4 where Shadaloo agents were scouting out the 4 Kings to tell them about Bison’s spare body he was getting transferred to.

So it’s now after SF2 tournament/events rather than alpha timeline and before SF4 events? right?

So everything in Viper aftermath occured in between the events of SF2 and SF4.

correct me if I am wrong.

Exactly! This would have been the time Shadaloo was scouting out the 4 Kings to bring them back together to take down Seth who has now betrayed and broken away from Shadaloo.

During SF4, Sagat was doing his own thing away from Shadaloo, so it would make sense that he’s already away from them in the first place

2 Likes

I was looking in the new list as an update to the order and arrangements of occurrence of events.

So the thing that is left confusing now is Alpha.

So I got the bright idea to look at the fate of the Psycho Drive in every ending.

Nash: Blows it up along with the base.

Chun-Li: She infiltrates the base and uses the statue laser to stop Bison. Nash then appears to destroy the base altogether.

Birdie: Got stuck in the Psycho Drive before being rescued.

Balrog: Teamed-up with Birdie and ended up unintentionally destroying it.

Guile: Psycho Drive was destroyed along with the base, thanks to Nash.

Cammy: Blows up the base after evacuating the Dolls.

Guy: Psycho Drive doesn’t appear.

Cody: Both he and Guy destroy the Psycho Drive (with Bison inside) and the base.

Blanka: Sakura, Dan, and Blanka messed with the Psycho Drive to the point where it exploded.

Dan: Nash was preparing to launch a bomb to blow up the base as Dan and Blanka were showing dancing around it.

Sakura: Doesn’t appear.

Dhalsim: Destroyed the Psycho Drive with his Yoga power.

Karin: Destroyed the Psycho Drive with the satellite laser.

Mika: Destroyed it along with Gief.

Zangief: The combined effort of Gief and Honda crumbled the Psycho Drive.

Rolento: Destroyed it with his grenades.

Vega: Destroyed it after he found Cammy.

Sodom: Plowed into the base altogether with his “Kamikaze” attack, destroying everything.

Eagle: Destroyed it.

Ingrid: Stole it!

Everyone else didn’t really have an encounter with the Psycho Drive

3 Likes

I’m just writing to say that unfortunately, I’m leaving. Not permanently though and I will be back in around mid-June, it’s just that since exams are approaching in 2 weeks time, I feel that I should focus on more important things.
I’ll still check in briefly from time to time. Time has really flown past since late January.

5 Likes

Good luck dude! hopefully your exams result would turn luckily and well.

1 Like

I think that the whole thing with Sagat starting to break away from Shadaloo as early as Alpha, then seemingly coming back in SFII’s extremely vapid storyline only to fully leave again in SFIV is a plothole Capcom never bothered to address and that derives from the fact that the Alpha storyline was made after SFII.

My guess is that Sagat mostly left Shadaloo back in Alpha 3, Shadaloo didn’t fully give up on him because they tried to recruit him as late as SFIV when it became clear he was no longer interested, and the fact that he’s a boss in SFII is… Weird.

3 Likes

I think they just canonize SF2 this time around so they move Sagat’s involvement and retirement from Shadaloo to a more fitting scenario that includes SF2.

This is talso complementary to FANG’s involvement to be logically acceptable because of his absence in SF2 and SF4.

The release of USF2 and SF2 arcade mode in SFV tries to push SF2 events.

I’m a guy that want SF2 to be what if timeline before, I think right now Alpha is the one that ends a lot to be changed right now in the new revision especially the canonization of Nash A2 ending.

Got the new art book in. Haven’t had a chance to look through it however I can say the Bengus Street Fighter I tribute art is AWESOME

6 Likes

My impression ever been that Sagat was never fully involved in Shadaloo anyway

He was his own thing in SF1
He was lured in Shadaloo with the perpective of revenge on Ryu (+$$$/power?)
After that he changed path

He was essentially in due Ryu, and left as soon he realized he does’nt need them to reach him

Since you guys were talking about G’s role as villain/neutral/good, i will vote definitely villain

I want G to take Belger’s role (with Abigail as #2/bodyguard), about time Cody in SF get an actual role (even if in a minor side arc) instead be just a guest star.

To do so Cody needs a nemesis and we seen that “normal criminals” are’nt a challenge for him.
Capcom tried to reinvent Belger as something more supe-human like cyborg or zombie, but these two games are’nt canon.

With Cody, Abigail, Guy’s Master already here, will be easy finally set up a space for some cool FF mini arc in SF
SF4 missed a bit this opportunity, but after all Poison/Hugo were minions and Rolento was never that relevant

G with his gold skin mistery, and by the fact itself of getting a SF slot, will likely offer a waaay better 1v1 fighting challenge than FF1 Belger… and i like the fact he can trigger an evolution in Cody as character

I also like if they use him to become Q and reveal Q’s identity/past.
I know many will think that the mistery IS the core of Q as character and to some extent i agree… but let’s be real: is almost 20 years we got the mistery, now i will like the behind the scenes story, it will not ruin SF3 Q to me

2 Likes

I’m okay for him having ties with Mad Gear or be someone in higher ups in the society in metro city but secretly funding (unamed/not mad gear) new gangs and thugs.

but as of someone revealing Q or bothering who is Q? just leave Q a mystery. that is where he is interesting as a persona.

Capcom could used him lead to people unto thinking that this character will gave answer who is Q but instead ends up more unanswered questions. How by seeing initial Q on his folders like Case: Q or project Q? other than just in labels of files and pinned pictures. like that but doesn’t lead anywhere.

He should remained unexplored and on has very minor concern and ties that he disregard when someone gives a info on Q because of him more focus on other things.

They can be related because of an collapse organization that they both used to worked with. That he abort the idea as the organization is destroyed and he started his own. He can be one of the guys in-charged in the mission of hunting Q for a unknown reason but abandon it and has loss interest for more important things and progressive stuff that is relevant to his own pursue of career, power and expansion.

I would prefer a collapse organization than a active so it doesn’t overlap anything about Shadaloo and Secret Society. That can be also SIN.

Revealing anything about Q is ruining the interesting factors of Q as a fictional character. And the most bad idea is making him and Q as one.

Capcom can make scatter bit’s of connections and cameos of Q as if making people believe and excited with Q but it goes to nowhere. That’s how Q should be.

That’s what made Akuma meh and sell out, the same with other characters that operates in the shadow when writers humanized them to compromised with trendy preferences of audiences. That’s another fact that did make the Joker interesting.

Trust me the fact that Q is revealed no one will be satisfied especially in this modern trend of sell out writing and corny jokes, Some would prefer Q as an anti-hero, hero and some might be even be a villain but not rich guy that operates a gang. His vagueness and mystery of persona made him whatever people imagine him to be.

1 Like

All Guile crossover alt colors

As usual crossover alt colors suck dicks, better that way so i don’t have to unlock it
Problem is 99% of times seem they don’t even bother think 10 decent color schemes, they just drop one main super staurated color and call it a day

If we ever get Color Edit it will instant become Dutch
immagine

As now i got

Viewtiful
CapCommando
June
Donovan (bought) ← this one got cool colors actually
Nameless Soldier (Guile)

And for all of them i stick with first standard color

Fun thing there are FOUR version of the Donovan alt! :smiley:

1. Donovan: Standard
  2. Urien-Donovan: Do “Crossover code”, get classic short white hair
  3. Speedo Donovan: Do “Urien code”, lose his monk tunic
  4. Speedo Urien-Donovan: Do both codes at same time, get all the changes above

immagine

LOL

4 Likes

As of now the extra costumes seems in a different pattern, I beginning to believe that they abandon the flowtron confirmed extra costumes… I still hope they would still consider and used stuff from the flowtron list.

I think G is going to end up being a leader of a mysterious organization that might have some kinda connection to the Secret Society.

The schoolgirl ninja that lives in a ninja village. She has been training throughout her youth in a mix of ancient Japanese martial arts and Ninja Taijutsu. Although she’s familiar with the composure of ordinary people, and follows the trends like any girl. While doing her missions she’ll keep the lower portion of her face hidden behind a mask. The mission she has undertaken requires her to travel the world, in search of a document from a secret organization known as the “G-File”. In the end she reminisces over the event of acquiring the “G-File”.

The “G-File” in particular makes me consider the possibility.

AAC has an entry on it:

I’d like to know what that actually is.

5 Likes

AAC doesn’t tell us anything we don’t know already about the “G” File. Its just a mystery.

5 Likes

So, I’ve heard that the Japanese version of Falke’s movelist has different names not just for the specials but for every single normal. I assume this has been the same for other characters, I wonder if there’s anything interesting in those names.

1 Like

@TazyryLipo Good luck with studies, man. Visit when you can!

The Sagat thing was on my mind recently, glad you guys are helping to clear it up. Alpha’s role in the timeline really needs to clarify some things.

@Cestus_II interesting ideas. I like the idea of G being a bigger than usual threat for Cody. I see it like Spider- man moving from normal villains to the higher level guys like Kingpin and his vast resources or even going from street level bad guys to something like political espionage that would need him to consult SHIELD or the Avengers.

I personally like the idea of him being around for a while and now setting his sights on Metro city.

I don’t think he’s Q, but I think he’s his creator. Regarding Q, I do agree that we should do some exploring in his story, but like I’ve said in the past, learning a little bit should bring more questions to entertain the audience. We don’t need to immediately learn everything. It’s like Wolverine, learning about his past was interesting, but then they kept going back to add stuff and then we got a story about him and Creed being descended from dig people instead of being mutants. Thankfully it was forgotten, but point is I think explaining somethings but saving a bit of mystery for dessert is the best way to go, because if there’s nothing known about him forever, it gets boring but overexplaining takes away the fun. Just like Thanos, we gotta balance.

3 Likes