The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

No, he is not a physical entity.

2 Likes

Also this whole Ryu exorcized his dark side which became a separate being was retarded for Bison back in the day and itā€™s just as retarded now for Ryu.

I prefer Kage to be metaphorical rather than metaphysical. Thatā€™s how I am choosing to see him and how I am reconciling myself with that underbite. I still would though.

3 Likes

I did it first DAMMIT!!!

6 Likes

Essentially we got the ā€œgood enough for these retardsā€ edition of the name, wich still doesā€™nt explain anything to our foreign ear and even sound like a personal name when should not lol

Itā€™s the same thing they did with Evil Ryu since his inception and Oni in SFIV.

I dislike the character/concept itself but at this point i will have preferred them to play on his design to show itā€™s not-physical existence

Something more

Essentially at this point i will have preferred something on this vibe (skip to 0:10)

LETā€™S BE CLEAR
Stil crap

If i could i will just give that slot to some human fighter, with some distinctive martial art, from some real nation.
A SF character in other words, and not this crap

But if they MUST
At least give it a design that match the concept

Here the problem is that they wanted just slap EvilRyu in, and used Oni and SF4 Ryu as references

3 Likes

At the end will have given that slot to the fucking gorilla everybody cry about 10 times out 10 LOL

1 Like

Iā€™ll take Kage over Gorillas and Guest Characters any day.

1 Like

The thing is, his not a clone of any existing shoto in game, in terms of gameplay stand point this is a similar cased to Decapre, Dan and Gouken.

The gameplay was okay. Iā€™m not BS, I donā€™t play rush down characters.

Another thing is he is a undeniable fan favorite. Capcom did only what the fans wants.

The concept wasnā€™t bad either if this was during SF4 and gone against with Oni, in a what if possibility, the problem is itā€™s part of the canon now and another Edgelord character that has a complicated backstory.

The problem is using the same logic of making him reasonable in game.

It opened a new canned of worms.

The possible problem now is that every designer assigned in future SF games would create their own interpretation of edge lord Ryu or Akuma to compensate to fans rather than reusing the previous establish resources.

I fear to get different version of edge lord characters each SF new game, lol.

What they should have done instead if they wanted Evil Ryu in, Is that they put Evil Ryu in rather than another version.

Evil Ryu as a what if character rather than a new Evil Ryu that interacts with everyone in the story.

I hope this is the last evolution not just by Evil Ryu but also Ryu as a separate character in game.

Because I donā€™t want to see another evilier Ryu or either super purity Ryu to happen as a different character that would later be named as mega cleanse Ryu etc like DBFZ does.

Same thoughts

Hell no.

The quality bar in terms of animations, moveset, original assets and overall presentation is very high for guest characters. Total opposite of shameless clone of existing character.

Like only Bad box art MegaMan could be worse. Even something like Negan (which is pretty low) beats it by a landslide. Being a what if character, Kage has zero relevance storywise, which beats the whole purpose of not being a guest.

1 Like

Well when you put it that way Iā€™m forced to agree :pensive:

The thing is he is now relevant in the story, his already in there. Thats the problem Capcom needs to fix again and avoid in the future, without the need to create another interpretation from new set of designers for future SF dev team.

If they wanted a manifestation of SNH itā€™s should have been Oni, itā€™s unquestioned if it was him yet I know where is this coming why we get ā€œEvil Ryu but not evil Ryuā€ obviously the polls.

Pretty sure this is not the last of a direct evil Ryu or Ryu clone, but for Kage probably because he is not well accepted like Decapre, so in the future there is a chance for a different version which is meh.

Ono hit me with the loophole tech. Iā€™ve always said why donā€™t they give Evil Ryu or Oniā€™s moveset to a new characterā€¦ Sorry guys. :pensive:

4 Likes

Gameplay-wise, Kage is not a clone at all and arguably he isnā€™t a true shoto either. In fact, heā€™s fucking fun. His model and animations are his alone too.

1 Like

Another problemā€¦

For story sensibility he(Kage) is now more reasonable to exist in future SF games than going back to Evil Ryu but fans will still request Evil Ryu than Kage. Which is a problem if E.Ryu would be part of the canon. I just hope this wouldnā€™t be a recurring problem and SF5-SF3 timeline would fix their loose ends.

Depend on the guest

When itā€™s done to please actual fight games fans you get awesome stuff like T7 Geese Howard or FLEX Terry Bogard

Will pick Geese/Terry over this crap any day, even in this too blond cast lol

Now, if we speak about T7 negan, thatā€™s the lowest move i ever seen, 101% whore lol.
Will give entire S4 to kage to not get a single negan in muh SF :smiley:

End of the day they did because kinda big % of SF fans got trash tastes and like evil Ryu, so they gave it to them
Hopefully at some point they will give him a not bullshit alt, without horns and every other stupid stuff
Just drop that

Still bullshit but less eyesore in muh game

1 Like

Kageā€™s Nostalgia costume is waiting to happen. Relax.

And why Evil Ryu should not be back is because he is the ā€œTRUE Ryu cloneā€ here compare to any shoto character in game. So there would be a some sort of dilemma or something.

Iā€™m still no for guest characters. The only guest characters I would tolerate are EX characters like Garuda, but itā€™s unlikely.

Then suddenly Capcom surprise us with Scorpion appearing in game from a portal. lol

Nah MK deserves to be in Tekken more than the other non-FG guest characters.

1 Like

Only guest characters I approve of are listed below:

complete silence

4 Likes