The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Wow it was Bengus that designed Old Zeku, just knew that.

Speaking of Bengus, as in some other times he nailed what the 3d model people fucked

I like he gave it often an anime ghost like face, and even when it’s more solid, it’s slick and vicious
Horns are minimized and almost invisible, no retard big boar fangs

3d model meh

they took Oni as inspiration, wich was conceptually wrong to beging with

Oni was a “what if” but very physical char, and even if i was’nt a fan of it (at all) his design worked according to that

Kage Ryu is essentially a ki astral projection, so powerful that developed (or took from Ryu) it’s own will/personality, can travel interacting with other fighters souls, even damage them attacking them on spiritual level

No reason give him that crap oni/ogre/devil design, regardless of random teleports it looks too fucking solid, heavy and clumsy. And moveset push even more in that direction

If we forget for a moment that i hate the evil Ryu thing itself, the Kage Ryu thing was a somehow at least good take on it… but execution is just that bad and incoherent

Ryu is Peter and Kage is Alien Symbiote lol

This is Kage is Night Terror(Soul Calibure) of SNH

I believe this is not the last of SNH various form we’ll see even in SF6.

The thing also good about this is he does not straight up Ryu clone in core gameplay

Yeah i think he’s going to nail her Standard SFV look and have fun with it
Story one we will get usual flat shit done by somebody else
Battle one i guess her classic dress
Nostalgia $old as DLC

Pls no, get a second crap will not fix the first, only double the amount of crap

A precious Season slot out six already got wasted, i hope they will do better use of next five

Or Kage is something sold separately (they do “different” they say) and we still have six S4 slots, i sure hope so

I think Kage existence in the lore and game is to Necalli goes full chomp-chomp on him and we get the final boss of the SFV story:

Wasn’t there an maya/aztec panel where Necalli is represented to be facing an Evil Ryu-like guy? Can somebody post a link to that?

5 Likes

I think he got better after he left SNK and his most recent works are actually pretty good as they aren’t just the generic realistic person standing art he did while he was with SNK.

3 Likes

Gravity Falls was a great cartoon. Bill Chiper is the most psychotic Disney Villain ever and he’s insane as in Joker level insane. which means his completely psychotic. he yanks teeth out of deer’s mouth because he can.

gives Dipper a head that’s always screaming. Possesses Dipper’s body and causes bodily harm to it just for laughs. he shuffle the functions of every orifices on a man’s face just because he could.

2 Likes

Someone posted this on the front page article:

Interesting. Capcom’s Japanese website writes the character’s name in English as “Kage,” but in Japanese as 影ナル者 (kage-naru mono) – approximately translating to “that which becomes (or became) [a] shadow.” His catch-copy is 血戦の咆哮 (kessen no houkou) – “the roar of bloody battle.” The website gives his background as “An incarnation of the Satsui no Hadou which has diverged from Ryu. Boasts strength like that of a kishin 鬼神 [fierce deity]. Wanders in search of battles to the death with powerful opponents.”

His Battle Costume seems somewhat evocative of imagery associated with kishin (aka, fierce deities: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fierce_deities ). But his Story Costume seems to be a nod to Nakahira Masahiko’s manga “Street Fighter III -RYU FINAL-.”

The chest of Kage’s Story Costume appears to feature the large scar previously seen on the chest of Satsui no Hadou ni mezameta Ryu (aka Evil Ryu) in Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, which itself appeared to draw inspiration from the dramatic scar Ryu bears at the end of the SFIII -RYU FINAL- manga after his final battle with Gouki.

But Story Costume’s long black hair and dark-colored gi are rather reminiscent of that manga’s flashbacks to a younger Gouki, immediately prior to his murder of Gouken.

3 Likes

To think this dude started off like this

The Alt costume the blue skin.

Which probably a reference to Shiva the Destroyer which is one of the selected Hindu deities with Blue Skin.

And also were familiar that Metsu is destruction in Japanese

Blue Skin is a symbol in Hindu deities, To either represent infinity, harsh truth, supreme reality, pervading reality.

Every Deities have their own background of having blue in skin, Yet I would focus on Shiva which is more in relevant to Metsu, Evil Ryu and Kage, along with background story interpretation.

According to legends

Shiva the Destroyer is colored light blue is called Neelakantha/Neelkanth or blue throat.

In hindu belief a entity with blue skin is a character destined for a heroic act that would represent depth, manliness, determination, ingenuity, courage and bravery. Which are distinct features related to bodies water. Hence this color is associated with the likes of Shiva, Kali, Krishna and so fort.

The story is that for swallowing a poison named Halahala, to protect living creatures from being poisoned and also to win the favor of the superior deities in Hindu legend.

The blue throat story is that he squeeze and hold the poison to contain it in his throat and not to reach the lower part of his body which turned his throat into blue according to the legend. Thus earning him the naming the blue throat one.

Neelakantha/Neelkanth is actually a form of meditation practice in actual Yoga.

There’s a bit of irony here because Kage is villainous entity in SFV

Some references

https://www.bluethroatyoga.com/about/neelakantha-meditation/

3 Likes

I am aware that the Japanese mythological representation for the blue skin is different in interpretation that could probably represent supernatural creatures.

That was used for Oni SF4/ Ogre Akuma.

In europe is possible buy Kage only with FM right now
Same outside?

Evil Ryu > Kage to be frank.

2 Likes

They’re both shit. Discussing this character is just boring anyway.

4 Likes

Kage alt is kinda hindu deity in aesthetics
Oni is kinda direct barbaric appearance is more on Japanese Ogre.

Don’t worry this probably the last of this two.

Summary

Because a different set of designers for a future SF games would create their own interpretation of edge lord characters, so probably we’ll get different version each SF new game but not Evil Ryu, Oni or Kage lol

SFA is where all the goofball stuff really started.

Yes, I’ve pointed out the silliness of SF2 Blanka’s hit animation and original defeat portrait, as well as the endings of multiple characters. But SFA is a hotbed of rampant goofiness. Starting with the cartoon physiques, spreading like wildfire through the character designs themselves, blowing up in the stories, and eventually even playing out in game mechanics with V-ism combos.

It is hard to claim that Kage is several degrees sillier than SFA.

SFII had one young female fighter, who had devoted herself to combat to the point that it reflected physically in her. SFA has a seemingly average schoolgirl who can hang in battles with Ryu and company and a rich schoolgirl who is the previous schoolgirl’s “Ken”. SFII had a Russian wrestler who was fairly serious until you see him dancing with Gorbachov. SFA has the completely over-the-top Rainbow Mika who has a wrestling ring magically appear for her intro. SFII has a guy fighting with a deadly claw, which has some martial arts movie heritage. SFA has a woman fighting with her scarf and Rolento. Rolento who fights with hand grenades, has a trap wire that summons another guy to hang from the ceiling with a hook, and pogo bounces on his stick like Scrooge McDuck. And Sodom… I could go on, but I’d be writing for another hour just covering the goofy character designs of SFA, without even getting to Dan.

And the stories? Dictator getting an entire calendar of pin-up models as his elite troops? Dictator’s entire storyline? Everything about Dan?

1 Like

Is Kage real? I mean, does Kage have a real body?, is he an illusion?

He is real, a separate entity. A spiritual entity in SF universe doesn’t require a host to manifest physically, this is fiction. As long it has it’s own consciousness and decision making it is real even without a physical form.

Yes, he’s real. And he’s coming for you if you keep touching yourself.

It’s real but not on the physical plan

It’s essentially a spirit generated by Ryu’s negative energy/ki, that fight opponents on the spiritual level… example inside Sagat soul we seen Kage vs Sagat (Kage story), but from outside it probably just looked liked Sagat having an hearth attack/BAD drug trip (Sagat story)

Essentially is like Bison psycho-ghost, except in that case is Bison to control it (and he can do some tricks) in this case Kage is separated from Ryu and have it’s own will

1 Like