The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I blame e.ryu fans trash taste for all of this crap

Capcom want only money so they gone for the herp derp money maker as season opening

Hope to know full list as soon as possible

4 Likes

so Kageā€™s Shun Goku Satsu is basically the same as Akumaā€™s Shun Goku Satsu just with blood splatters so basically same as it always been then . evil shoto character gets Shun Goku Satsu which looks actually like akumaā€™s Shun Goku Satsu.

1 Like

Kage isā€¦ probably one of the worst decisions taken in the entire SF history. He is basically what they initially decided Necalli to be. Questions, questionsā€¦ Why did Bison not want Ryu to fight Kage in ASF but Necalli if Kage is what Bison wanted to bring out all along? And WTF is his story mode even supposed to tell? Akuma keeping his Satsui no Hado at bay? The dude has been living to bring THAT out in Ryu his entire life. This shitty ā€œcharacterā€ is just parts of (story, character design etc.) Necalli, Akuma and Evil Ryu pieced together in the poorest way possible. Just when you think you wonā€™t see any more of Evil Ryu comes Kage. The character brings NOTHING new to the table and instead ruins parts of the SF history. Iā€™d rather see them leave the plot tools from the Alpha era alone to be honest. Because all they seem to do to them is destroy them for their capitalist desires. BTW, Decapre > Kage any day of the week.

4 Likes

I have suddenly have a bad idea, that were getting less than 4 characters, but would include a new singleplayer mode. And this S4 is the final season for new characters then SF6 reveal next year.

Exactly my fanfic for oni. They should have route for oni.

1 Like

When you remember capcom is paying amateurs to design endings lol

Third one seem pro, but first two are deviantart teenager level

But they paid even udon and kiki, so i understand

Story is surprising good and Bengus art is great there

Kage explanation is almost tolerable if he got different design

Also will have preferred Kage Ryu at this point

2 Likes

On SF FB page people starts making meh fake news theories about why were getting Kage instead of Evil Ryu.

They said because the word ā€œEvilā€ is not Esport appropreiate thats why Capcom replace it. lol

I like his tatsu and vtrigger teleport buff(its better on oni).

2 Likes

The reason why some may view Kageā€™s inclusion to SFV as jarring is because most would have assumed that the ā€œEvil Ryuā€ (and additional evil versions of preexisting characters) was done for back in SFIV. Then there is the narrative aspect. Kage does not really contribute to anything. I never thought I say this, but this is actually worse than even Necalli. Necalli at least has something going for him, even with his status as a jobber. Kage just comes across as insanely stupid. Another case to make is that critics are going to look at Kage as if he were some odd fanfiction OC, which appeals to some people.

2 Likes

Kageā€™s problem is that heā€™s literally Mugen-tier as far as design.

Capcom: ā€œI need to invent a kewl new evil version of an existing character to REALLY represent how unique I amā€

takes an existing character and adds horns and some special effects

Capcom: ā€œOMG, guys! Positive feedback only! ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL!ā€

3 Likes

People in social media are creating ridiculous theories and fake news.

The horn is really a bad idea along with the way he talks. He talks more than Ryu.

I donā€™t kinda judge modern Capcom as a whole now as a representation of the game but as a batch separated by games.

SF4 > SF5 in terms of ERyu Aesthetics.

Same as Oni > Kage

1 Like

The third one is Shinkiro.

2 Likes

And in fact is the good looking one lol
Didā€™nt recognized it at first (iā€™m on phone), but the impact of an higher level hand was clear, specially next two others

Never been his greatest fan (to me he was KOF art incarnation while i was SF/Capcom fan,very different style), but at least heā€™s of the professional level i expect from a brand like SF

Personally I wish was possible have Bengus do ALL the art, with him keeping the level of recent SFV piecesā€¦ but problem of first ones was probably they asked him too much in too short time
Alternative is he was experimenting heavy stylization but isā€™nt gone as expected audience reaction wise so he toned it down

Bengusā€™ artstyle has been the same ever since MVC2.

Also, I missed the whole Kage incident because of time zones, I was asleep but my honest reaction to him is this:
tumblr_o40ev1Ci761ucpvg1o1_250

Can Decapre please come back?

1 Like

Kage may be the first character I donā€™t buy. What a piece of garbage design.

7 Likes

Would have rather had her than Spirit Edgelord Ryuā€¦

3 Likes

Absolutely not, while obviously some common traits stay
Itā€™s not even the same stylization in SFV itself, from start he mixed his classic style with a much heavier (Oda/OnePiece like in my eyes) stylization to recent works where he returned to something more in line with his classic style adding a new very fresh and cool touch on colors

Agree that bengus have change his art style, to more bold and distinctive in silhouettes in SFV.
Not really toned down, it just adopted mainstream current trends now not just one piece but also present in style in modern day western cartoons.

Modern day western cartoons are overwhelmingly dumpster fires

6 Likes

I canā€™t argue with that and I dislike it too.

Iā€™m just aware of the technique and visual goal because of the silhouettes.

I am looking forward to see Bengusā€™ Rose costume update/redesign like he masterfully did with Zeku.

4 Likes