The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Bison is there as a Spirit. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ingrid joined Street Fighter’s roster with the PSP port of SFA3, Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX. There, she claims that Bison stole his Psycho Power/Drive from her.

However, her SFA3MAX story apparently isn’t considered canon, as her CFN profile ignores it.

1 Like

Half V.Rosso sneaking in lol

Exactly she’s not a SF character, she was a guest. Kinda like how Heihachi isn’t a Soul Calibur character.

1 Like

Nice SF3 inspiration for the pose, but the best part is the eye brows and hair that is more SF2

I really do hope Capcom would do an interesting Classic Ken alt and Stage from SF2 for SFV

reference post

https://twitter.com/ryo_redcyclone/status/1058113558125273088

7 Likes

tumblr_oii8vpGPoA1u6jjy9o1_640
While scouring through Tumblr I found this cute little detail, in EX+@, the more consecutive wins you get with Ryu, the more longer his headband becomes.

14 Likes

That game is hands down one of the best SF games ever.

5 Likes

I’ve never played any of the EX games so… But I do like it’s OST, Spinning Bird and Precious Heart are better than their original themes IMO.

Ken looks so good in Smash. Weird they botched Ryu this time tho.

1 Like

So,if you are on a losing streak does Ryu go bald ?

2 Likes

@Skort IDK, I don’t have any of the EX games. What I’m more interested in is if this gimmick can happen to other characters, like does Chun-Li’s oxbow’s become longer? Etc.

It is CRIMINALLY underrated. I played that game so much. So many of the EX characters are so damn cool

4 Likes

Do you know something we dont? Police guy confirmed for season 4!

Has the EX games had any form of re-release on modern platforms or is the PS1/emulator the only way to play them?

I was amazed when I first saw EX, that was also the time I’m into alpha2. It had cool line up of characters even without Claw and Sagat it manage to be appealing.

I like the unique take they did with Akuma for the teleport and Air Hadoken with Diagonal kick.

The thailand stage and Bison intro in that game was amazing seeing it in arcade

Now that you mentioned it, something looked weird to me when I first saw Ryu’s new render in comparision to his Wii U Appearence, like his eyes and eyebrows are weirdly placed too close together or something.

1 Like

Yeah…too each his own.

Yup it’s an artistic choice because it is intentional to make him more different like MVCi Chunli in beta and to have the more hobo japanese guy vibe in facial interpretation without hurting his visual branding.

Kinu’s SF2 Ryu could have been better here because of it belonging in SNES era.

You know what? I think you nailed it with your reasoning. SSBU render of Ryu is probably the most japanese Ryu has ever looked facial wise in terms of official game renders, I think you’ve made me appreacite that particular render more now.

1 Like

They did a good job making a differentiation with their characters facial design without the need of drastic change specially for a game that is consist of many protoganist and japanese. While Capcom has problems with those since SF4 that they just made Ken so messed up.