The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

So besides Ken and the Guile assist what else was announced SF wise for Smash?

Blankas stage?
Chun Li assist?

1 Like

Get Bison to Smash and watch Mewtwo scurry.

1 Like

More like Bison and Ganondorf team up to take over the video game universe.

2 Likes

Not a smash fan but seems really strange without bomberman being in there as a playable character. He was a big part of the snes era

Also need to have professor layton in this game!

4 Likes

When you knew it that the main reason is simply artistic direction. That’s why we need “classic Ken SF2 alt” for SFV!!

image image

1 Like

Gill = Deoxys
Rose = Gardevoir
Porygon = Necro
Banette = Q
Lopunny = Cammy
Ariados = Juri

Street Fighter x Pokemon when?

EDIT: Would love to see the Dolls utterly annihlate those 2 spies from that one movie:
felicity_s_adventures_of_latios_and_latias__ch__3_by_perkygoth14-dbdru0o

1 Like

I don’t think that a classic Ken alt is going to fix how his model or his face look in character select. Nor I think artistic direction differs that much.

1 Like

Nintendo version is’nt even that great tbh

Simply Nintendo stylization is’nt terrified to make it look a japanese game, and that alone will fix 99% of SFV art direction bullshit

These years ruled by x360 really left an huge scar on capcom butt sadly

The Smash Ken character model just truly high-lights how utterly shit the SF4 and SF5 Ken look

4 Likes

With Nintendo they tend to make everything look safe AF in terms of art. Which is why I always liked Capcom’s older style, they were willing to go to over bounds to make their games visually “cool”. Apart from generations 2-3 of Pokemon and their angular and futuristic looking style I never doesn’t really cared much for Nintendo’s aesthetic or their games for that matter.

Chun-Li should be in Smash Bros.

At least Smash has Guile. As an Assist Trophy.

That totally just turtles.

10 Likes

You know what? Having Guile as an AT instead of Chun-Li is kinda a good thing IMO, as it opens up the possibility for Chun-Li to be DLC in the future.

3 Likes

Honestly I preferred Chun to be the character than Ken.

Guile being a assist seems that’s the best he can be for having 2 iconic special move, makes me remember Seth in KOF as a striker. Yet it should have been better if he throws a very slow sonic boom in the moment he appears then proceed in that stance.

Too many SF heroes in SSB, it needs a villain. Bison would fit perfectly with Bowser and Dorf. His teleports, headstomps, projectile reflections are perfect Smash.

4 Likes

Ken is in because he’s an easy clone of Ryu. A fair amount of Smash rosters consist of clones (officially “Echo Fighters”), even if the clones have different properties. (They at least aren’t straight model swaps.)

1 Like

Just like in every street fighter game and it’s shoto clone, except Dan and Gouken.

13 Likes

Did Mykka’s picture remind anyone of this SF3:NG art?:

7 Likes

Ingrid is in there. Why? She’s not a Street Fighter?!!!

5 Likes