The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Thanks for the link!

2 Likes

Thanks for the interesting stuff. Things are slowing down for new stuff but there are much more to discover and explore in the past, and also creative stuff to bring and discuss.

The only thing that is missing is Capcomā€™s CFN.

4 Likes

So was this whole narrative of Ryu and Kenā€™s master being murdered started at this point?

Poor Gouken, killed by Sagat, Bison, and then Akuma before he even had a chance.

I want Goukenā€™s Daughter to return! I need there to be a showdown for Ryuā€™s heart between Ken, Sakura, and Goukenā€™s Daughter (GYOUKO!).

4 Likes

Goukenā€™s been killed by more people than Jean Grey

ā€¦

But also heā€™s been killed by literally no one

Weird

7 Likes

Canā€™t forget he had his head cut off by Iori Yagami in the Capcom vs SNK manhwa.

3 Likes

Those things always sounded like edgy incarnate lol (still thinking of the bizarre path the SF3 ones took).

@Lord_Vega thanks for the scan and translation! Iā€™ve never seen that before!

Random: It hit me the other day that Gā€™s ā€œYes, we are one!ā€ Winpose, is Qā€™s, but facing the audience after the extra gestures. Look at how heā€™s got his arms outstretched and is looking towards the sky! Just a little observation.

2 Likes

Happy Halloween Story Fam

5 Likes

Wow I have those in chinese but never thought it was gouken. Thatā€™s kinda if there would be another interpretation of him being killed. Itā€™s better that he would die at old age instead atleast the most peaceful way of resolution compare to Gen and probably Akuma laterā€¦

Yeah we need Goukenā€™s Girl but I hope she would fall along the matured woman align with Rose, Viper and Maki, because they are very niche archetype in SF universe. She doesnā€™t need to be another gouken or a shoto but can have an inspiration in her moveset.

1 Like

Which version? I made two. There is the Mu version of Gouka and Satsui no Hado Gouka :wink:

2 Likes

In my future head-SF6, I too saw her as both normal and evil, rather I saw her as the next Oni since in my head-story she sacrifices herself to consume/negate Akumaā€™s SNH to save Ryu/avenge Gouken.

This was such a long time ago that itā€™s funny to see a similar plot take shape in Nash and Bison in SF5.

It goes to show you weā€™re all on the same page, the right page. Make Gyouko/Gouka happen!

Probably for SF6 though but we can plant the seeds for thay now.

2 Likes

That would be interesting to have a female villain or something that Ash crimson did in his saga but an archetype that belong to Kazumi Mishima a like.

Smash Bros getting SF2 Ken before us lol

9 Likes

That was badass! And he has good hair too!

5 Likes

As much as I really enjoy SF5, watching the Nintendo Direct really made me long for the days when Capcom put a crap ton into the extras. I mean look at this thing, itā€™s bursting to the limit with characters and extras and itā€™s all nicely complete. It reminds me of when sis and I got the 2-disk Rival Schools and it had quite a bunch of stuff to go through.

Iā€™d love little extras in SF like alternate announcers, voice packs, an echo fighter or two and some alt modes with an overall masterful polish.

edit: also cool to see Guile as an assist trophy hah. I gotta say the SF characters look really good in Smash.

4 Likes

After that Direct, I think Iā€™m gonna be avoiding any and all Smash discussion boards until the game is in my hands. The amount of salt has got to be astronomical.

Why would they be salty?

I mean, above the average Smash blood sodium levels.

I am not a Smash fan but Iā€™m annoyed by the salt. I mean 74 characters are in the base roster. They got numerous 3rd party characters. Even got Konami characters on the roster. Sakurai literally almost workesd himself to death on Smash Wii U. Heā€™s ā€œcut backā€ to 10-11 hours a day for Ultimate. Included every character for all the Smash games and still added nine more. WTF man. They need to stop being entitled bitches already.

7 Likes

That blanka stage!! Not bad if Blanka and Chun in Smash. Blanka fit there too. Haggar or Captain Commando would be also interesting for Capcom beat em up genre representative.

I just hope they would release a special version of USF4 for switch. With Violent Ken, Urien, Karin, Nash, Alex, Sodom and Maki. (Waits for someone to create a fake leak about another SF for switch)

This triggers the ex-pokemon fan in me

@Cestus_II In all fairness, Blaziken or Bashyamo (in Arabic/Japan) screams Ken. It even has the flame uppercut thing:
220px-May_and_Blaziken

May/Haruka and her family needs to meet Ken Mastersā€™ family.

Ryu=Lucario (it uses ā€œhadouā€)