The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Ed not having a hood is a giant mistake

3 Likes

Hear, hear!
He shouldā€™ve had that design, but with a more darker threatening colour. It still shows how heā€™s in this new NS persona but still his own person, hence the lighter body frame and more relaxed version of the military get-pu. His actual design made look like Bison.JR but it was still good

Falke looks like a genderbent Ed from Deviantart. They shouldā€™ve done more to differentiate her.

Without the hat, Slightly different hair and a slightly color pallete placement or an inverted could have done wonders in a differentiation of her towards Ed.

Iā€™ll be honest, i prefer by far what we got at the end for all 3, specially Abigail and Ed

These sketch got an (not extremized) urban approach that imho have nothing to do with what SF design is supposed to be

These seem designs coming from the same hand of boring school/work/sport alts or some of the Story Alts

Imho Ed Standard/Battle and Abigail Standard/Battle absolutely destroy these

Btw i will welcome some cool Abigail alt, while Ed work perfect with his canon look

Another image from the CAP! volumes (vol.11, Autumn 1999) in which Cammy and Data make a cameo at the bottom of the page. Knowing DATA being the ultimate Deus ex Machina, no wonder Cammy is so relaxed, DATAā€™s very presence destroyed Shadaloo!

Itā€™s also worth noting that while Cammyā€™s leotard is green, it resembles her Alpha/VS series incarnation more with the tie and turtleneck.

3 Likes

all characters should have more than one taunt

11 Likes

Omg that almost erases the stiff animations from my mind. Almost. Capcom are too sweet sometimes.

1 Like

I actually ended up really enjoying playing as Falke. Maybe itā€™s because sheā€™s blonde like Cammy, maybe itā€™s because sheā€™s a military chick like Cammy, maybe because sheā€™s a Bison clone like Cammy, or maybe because she plays just as boring as Cammy, but Iā€™m really digging her right now.

2 Likes

Say what you want about Shadalooā€™s inhumane practices, but when it comes to cultivating females via cloning (Cammy and Falke) or brainwashing (Dolls), they shit out gold.

4 Likes

Neal McDonagh (sp?) was Dictator/M.Bison as well. Funny how his Damien Dark (sp?) from the DC shows is similar to M.Bisonā€¦

Tbh most of complains iā€™ve seen on Falke animations are kinda undeserved

It also doesā€™nt help that many expect her to move like a shaolin monk, while her lines are designed on the much more static poses of the european stick techniques
immagine

ps: Critical Art still crappy beyond excuse lol

4 Likes

Psycho BONK is the highest form of Psycho Power to have ever existed, Bison wishes he could pull stuff like that.

2 Likes

I use it on Bison just to hear @Daemos shriek all the way out here in South Carolina

2 Likes

Fun thing itā€™s not even what make the CA bad looking, itā€™s the whole sequence dynamic to suck, split it in 4:

[golf-style launcher]: this look good, mix well with most stuff you can combo from
v
[pole-jump]: this look good too, fit her perfect gymnast vibe
v
[back-hand bitchslap]: this ruin everything. It make little sense as sequence and have super weird effect on the target (they stay there floating rather than send the fool meters away) that kill the flow and sense of momentum
v
[Psycho Bonk]: the bonk is kinda silly (specially for Falke), but could have been better if came right after the pole-jump, like with an HUGE abs contraction to get head-up and strike.
Also once hit the target got a nice Psycho effect on him (even an explosion on the impact with the floor), but the cinematic camera cut too soon and lose it.
They could have put the camera a bit more over Falkeā€™s head, and follow the enemy fall until the end

This to ā€œfixā€ the concept as it is, but personally i will have took another way.
I think Falkeā€™s signature as character design is her use the stick as a rifleā€¦ i think they should have used it to theyr advantage, making the last hit being an air-to-air (or ground-to-air or air-to-ground) huge charged ā€œrifleā€ shot in da face, similar to her VT2 vertical big ray but done as horizontal rifle shot

Ironically her VT2 (wich is took straight from an old Vega Super/Ultra) look much much more special than her CA

1 Like

That
Never
Happened

3 Likes

1 Like

What if we get a Blonde or a Red head Dictator in the future?

What are your thoughts?

Ed doesnā€™t count?

Yup just his model without any bodyswap.

Iā€™m okay Bison being blonde tbh(not other color beyond what he had before). if that like how they ceasily represent a rejuvenate Bison without altering his iconic facial features and facial expression just like heihachi does in Tekken Tag 2 being younger,

Hey all

New thread hype

Iā€™ll be quick

• Falke looks great
  • Shoutouts to Capcom coming out with a barefoot costume right out the gate, they know what the fans want
  • Observing all the thoughts on social medias and from the pros, she might be ranging from bottom tier to low mid. Translation: donā€™t expect her to win tournaments, place high, or even be used competitively in the first place
  • Her animations are mostly trash. Very stiff, very awkward, like sheā€™s never fought before, and sheā€™s supposed to be a fighter. Sakura had the same issue, no idea whatā€™s going on at Capcom but they better invest some more dollaroos into Cody and Sagat, they canā€™t allow themselves to fuck those up too
  • Young Falke in her character story is amazingly beautiful. Itā€™s a shame her fate paved out the way it did but Ed basically saved her. That made Ed from the in-universe perspective so much better in my eyes, even though he was kind of a dick in A Shadow Falls. I dunno if Capcom plans on doing a Season 2 for the story, but good god it makes me excited for one 100%. Maybe season 4?
  • Ed and Falke are a great pairing. Donā€™t think thereā€™s anything romantic in there, just platonic love, but Iā€™m okay with this. Falke got a nice booty in their arcade ending too lmao
  • Season 4 will probably give major buffs to falke. Weā€™ve also seen Capcom change some animations, so maybe theyā€™ll work on that further down the line. But anyway I fully expect her to get the Kolin treatment when the massive balance change in 8-9 months from now. Until then? FeelsBadMan
  • Cody is coming out on June 26th, so hopefully weā€™ll get a reveal trailer at E3. Capcom better not miss out on a big opportunity like that to market a fan-favourite character
6 Likes