The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

He didn’t reference these modes in his new posts, I just decided to mention them so that people would know that there’s still a lot of stuff for Capcom to announce (probably before Season 4).
As for new mechanics, Killbox (one of the SFV: Mysterious Mod developers) is going to datamine new stuff as well, he knows all about characters’ movesets and he may be able to confirm whether or not this leak is accurate.

1 Like

Those new stages practically read like @Cestus_II and my wishlist from a little earlier in the thread.

2 Likes

\

Killbox can easily do stuff whatever he likes as a show…

Even the color edit mode that’s cestus… it’s a bit non-sense now, because of the recent new mode Capcom is implemented that involves from Menat with random stuff including color.

In fact, these stages were datamined by him long time ago. Part 1 ; Part 2 ; Part 3 ; Part 4

4 Likes

During those times we had a huge pile of wish-list and compilations stages along with the EXTRA Mode Costumes… before Xkira ride the hype train with us… then it turned out different… release where differently than what the majority were expecting including how Xkira has done his list.

Actually I don’t see the point of new sets of V-Mechanics.

The new variant of CA or Vskill the only thing that would make sense in the future.

(I’m already expecting a revision and correction of the Xkira imposter or a new set of leaks from a different leaker haha)

Thanks for sharing this, btw) I wanted to post it here, but I was like “Well, probably nobody would trust X-Kira at this point anyway”.
In my opinion, this could very well turn out to be true, these changes would make the game so much deeper and you’ll basically have to think wisely even while being in the Character Select screen. They would help keep the game fresh, and when PS5 comes out in 2020, a completed Street Fighter V will be at the forefront.

2 Likes

I like that X-Kira is back

2 Likes

I mean he wasn’t really gone that long. What like 4 or 5 months hiatus? Cool though good news.

1 Like

He didn’t re-activate his original Facebook & Twitter accounts though, I had to check the forum he’s a part of to find the leak. His friend informed me he made a new Twitter account.

1 Like

His “friend”? Are you X-Kira?

1 Like

Nope, obviously) I was referring to killbox when I said “his friend”.

1 Like

!!! Secrets revealed?!

3 Likes

It’s good that general story 2 was postponed to a later date. Otherwise, we might not have seen Sagat and some of the other characters in it, which would suck.

2 Likes

Geki should just be Zeku in disguise, but yes.

1 Like

Tbh true or fake it’s not hard see why, most of these chars are the ones left without a personal stage:
Ken, Urien, Menat, Blanka, Kolin, NeoShadaloo duo

Also the ones that get a second in that list like Sim getting a SF2 one or Bison/Ryu getting SFA seem something that can help getting a better Arcade Paths experience (same direction some alts are going, see SF1 Sagat, Mike and the future “fortune alts” that bring minor changes)

A lot of stuff in Arcade Paths just feel place-holder waiting for better, more fitting material to be released

4 Likes

They could have done what they did back in 2016 and have unreleased characters already in story mode.

I don’t trust that leak at all unfortunately.

2 Likes

Still taking it with a grain of salt,

Makoto still technically count as a SFIII character.

2 Likes

This. Now I wonder, if that’s really true, would they update the General Story Volume 2? Or just release what was already done?

Actually… I think they will update it even with some gameplay changes… like, if you play with a SF1 character in the SF1 ladder, you wouldn’t be able to do some of his later added moves, like Sagat’s Tiger Blow/Uppercut.
I do think that it’s really weird Sagat being everyone’s latest “boss” in the SF1 ladder… with the exception of Birdie and himself. Clearly, Abigail should have Cody being his last boss and vice versa.
I do think that the characters will even have their winning quotes from the respective game (just like Classic SF1 Sagat). Chun-Li mentioning the mayor seat for Cody in SFZ and SF4 ladder REALLY makes no sense.

I wonder if past stuff will be updated, like, if we’re getting the SFZ2 waterfall stage, would Nash’s and Vega/Bison’s storymode be updated?

BTW, anyone who got “Mike-like” costume got to fight against Mike Bison/Balrog with it in the SF1 ladder? Mine Bison still wear his blue trousers costume…

I wouldn’t mind some voice overs for the still endings. Something like:
Cammy SF2 ladder ending:
Cammy: Tell me about my past, Vega!
Vega: You’re a clone made from my DNA but proved to be a failed product. I have no more use for you. Begone!
Cammy: No! That can’t be!
Lita Luwanda: Don’t believe him Cammy.
Keith Wolfman: Yeah, we don’t care what you did in the past. It’s the present that matters.
Cammy: Thank you guys.

Something like that.

For sure we will have Secret Laboratory SF4 stage and the Gill stage from one of the SF3 games.
Also, Gill will be a playable character in the future, while Seth will be a NPC for the SF4 ladder…

Also, Menat’s lucky charms have the original CPS tunes from the past games… I wonder if they will be implemented in their respective ladders?

Crossing fingers, hoping this is true.

2 Likes

That’s my dream… which won’t likely come true. I really want each Path to have a unique gameplay.
SFI - characters have no EX moves, CAs and V-Mechanics, just normals and specials, and possibly even lower health in comparison to other paths.
SFA - Guard Crush Gauge instead of Stun Gauge, V-Reversal, V-Custom (if this part of the leak is accurate), CAs.
SFIV - Focus Attack, CAs, EX Specials, V-Cancel.
etc.

Are you sure? I mean Urien having a Gill costume practically deconfirms it, like Karin having an Ingrid costume deconfirms Ingrid. Gill should be an NPC character as well.

SFV versions:
CBT1 2015/06
CBT2 2015/08
CBT3 2015/10
CBT3.5 2016/01
PBT Season 1 2016/02
PBT Season 2 2016/12
PBT Season 3 2018/01
Retail 2019/01
So basically, everything that’s before January 2019, is just a beta. Capcom presents.

1 Like

Correct one will be

Sagat- Ryu
Cody- Abi
Zeku- Abi
Abi- Zeku (as Guy’s Master) or Cody
Everyone else- Sagat

Noticed it too, was expecting them to put “Mike” in SF1 Path

You don’t need the costume, i did’nt unlocked SF1 Sagat and still he’s the boss in my SF1 Path

Maybe they want stick to Rog SF1 ending, where he’s actually Rog dreaming about fight the SF1 tournament and Mike stealing his success lol

To keep that hey can do like that

Play SF1 as Rog: mirror match avaible, enemy use Mike alt
Play SF1 as everyone else: they will all fight “MIke”

Essentially the only way to see Rog in SF1 path should be play as him, otherwise it’s ever “Mike”

Considering SF1 path they can do in future

• Cody get Joe costume
    SFers play vs him as “Joe”
    FFers play vs him as FF Cody

• Zeku get Geki and/or Guy alt costumes
    SFers play vs him as “Geki”
    FFers play vs him as “Guy” (Abigail get him as final boss)

• Abigail get nostalgia FF1 costume
    Become the standard in SF1 path
    Considering he was defeated by Guy he can get either Zeku or Cody as boss… ideal can be Zeku with Guy alt

Do this and SF1 path will be “completed”

Of course they can expand from there by adding SF1ers or FFers in last two season pass

Possible guess

• Sodom, the missing SFAer. Kinda requested while at it
    They can give him FF nostalgia alt for his run in SF1 path
    Considering he was defeated by Guy he can get either Zeku or Cody as boss… ideal can be Zeku with Guy alt

• Eagle/Retsu/Lee of course if one of these ever return will get automatic spot in SF1 path
    Sagat as Boss as they’re SFers

• Vega get Geki alt, get added in SF1 path
    Everybody fight him as “geki”
    Playing as Vega he get a joke dream ending similar to Rog/Mike

• Adon… idk closest style wise is Juri, but will require change voice too LOL