The Super Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

@TazyryLipo

No bubble to burst. I couldn’t remember if Akiman or Kinu did those particular series of artworks for 2I. It’s been a while. Point still stands. I want that look in an SF game.

(I actually prefer Kinu’s artwork to Akiman’s generally).

@Cestus_II

Pre-SFV you might have had a case there, but not any more. The majority of profiles for SFV and related media (CFN profiles) have proper weights for characters relative to their heights and builds. Sagat/Blanka are exceptions now instead of the norm.

@Ultima Same, she’s my favorite SF artist. Her CVS2 art is some my favorite, she held back in CVS1 but this time she showed off:

Summary

I think it was due his link with Seth

If SF4 had better story Abel will have been the one to defeat Seth

The imperfect experiment full of scars defeating the puppet who thought to be perfect… will have been cool underdog arc
Ryu could have stayed on side line arc with Gouken-Akuma

But SF4 story was a monumental pile of shit, only part o save are Bison destroying Seth and the Gouken-Akuma clash for Ryu

Btw i liked see Abel in SFV i’m the minority that hope for him to jump in in next seasons

4 Likes

Yeah Abel deserved better for sure. I hope he comes back in SFV but I doubt it at this point. Too many other characters people want that’ll take priority over him.

3 Likes

I think it’s possible. I can see Abel being a “big brother” to Ed and Falke. I think he’ll be important later on, he just needs a personality :rofl:.

Agreed. His lack of personality is definitely why people don’t remember him so fondly, but I do think what we saw of him in SFV was way better than how he was portrayed in SF4. I just hope Capcom give him and the other characters they’ve tend to forget about another chance instead of recycling the same SF2 and Alpha characters over and over again.

Are getting better but still far from realistic lol

SFV Rog is 135kg and will make real life 170kg Bob Sapp look small

Gief is tall as an nba player and built as a gorilla on roids, he will be close to 300kg in rl not 180

Abigail is listed at 220 iirc, yet he look big as a 600 kg corrida bull

They surely got better compared to SF2 days (Gief was 113 lol), but not much sense search realism in these stats

But concept wise there should be proportion between characters

If G is 150kg (capcom 150)is either special weight due his special body or the model is wrong

Could be rither easily, on one hand he got gold-like property on his body and gold is heavy af.
Also he’s linked (or he IS) Q, who was hinted to be unnaturally dense and heavy

On other hand as 3D models they got the proportion wrong of a good bunch of characters, being them too small or too big.
Concept G looked much more wide

The problem with Abel personality is that people don’t know the original source

Fedor Emelianenko was the greatest MMA and Sambo HW and one of his famous traits was being a big gentle teddy bear outside the ring to the point of be almost awkward, while becoming absolutely emotionless cyborg like on fight night, delivering fuckton of fast violence on opponent’s skull lol

They absolutely nailed Fedor’s vibe with Abel, too bad that only the small % of mma fans could recognize it

1 Like

About future SF art style

Not going to point at a particular artist (though i love Kinu) or mention other titles or tech to use

Just 3 simple rules i will like to see applied

• Have japanese style, no hybrid crap
  • Have STRONG art direction
  • Ignore internet comments, most people don’t know shit about design
1 Like

That’s a good point actually, I never really knew that. Personally speaking Abel never really bothered me in SF4 though I can understand why people were turned off by him.

A lot of people also thought he was a genderbent Cammy. With them being blonde amnesiacs, dolls of Bison and the love of dogs/cats. I don’t mind him too much but I’ll say that he isn’t the best, the only characters I don’t want to see return is Fuerte, DeeJay and the SF1 guys.

I’ll just repeat myself say that I could see Abel going after Neo-Shadaloo to save them as his “sibling” even if Papa Balrog’s coming.

1 Like

Although it would be awesome for SF6 to drastically change its art direction from SF4 and SF5, realistically the issues reside on Ono’s (or whoever is behind the direction while he’s producing, doesn’t matter) personal style of “ridiculously over the top”, so it’s doubtful we will see sweeping changes unless he passes the torch to an entirely different team.

+1 to basing the art on Kinu Nishimura and ditch Bengus for good. Haven’t been done before in 3D but it’s still something that feels 100 % Capcom.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, SF4 was going to be based off Kinu’s art in the VERY EARLY stages before that was abandoned in favour of Daigo’s. You can still see the influence in some parts.

I think Bengus’ art is good, better than it was during 2002-2006. I just think the models should be based off the current art. So in a ideal world, the SFV models would’ve looked like 3D Bengus.

Tbh i take a fixed ElF and a developed Retsu over a decent number of often requested characters, concept wise they were very SF
Same for Abel of course
From SF1 Eagle too

They all bring styles

1 Like

As long as the artstyle is pleasant to look at, I don’t really care what they go with. I enjoyed V’s look, so I’m looking forward to seeing how they can go beyond that.

All I really want from Street Fighter VI is for it to be released as a fully featured game.

4 Likes

The Comic Street Fighter Summer Sports Special 2018 is out. There’s some good images there:

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Street-Fighter-Summer-Sports-Special-2018

6 Likes

Most of those a really good. Only real complaint is a lack of Elena. I like the fan art from the Mexican fan.

Really hoping we get Lee, Eagle or Retsu in SFV. Awesome characters who deserve another shot.

2 Likes

The story of G is one of those things I really look forward to seeing unfold.

His power, his motives, the meaning behind everyone joining together to create far greater power, everything. This guy just keeps your mind wondering because he’s that much of a mystery.

In KOF '00, Clone Zero had a ploy to draw the powerful energy from the tournament winners to power-up his Zero Cannon. The weapon that wiped out South Town. In KOF XIII, Saiki wanted to use the power of the fighters to awaken Orochi so he could open the time gate.

When it comes to G, I could see him looking to gain the trust of the world in order to unknowingly draw their power for some unknown purpose. Perhaps the idea starts out as something positive and gradually becomes corrupt the longer it goes on. We often see how power can have that effect on individuals.

4 Likes

Necro and Effie

Summary

Nash’s tombstone

Summary

Kanzuki Beach girls

Summary

City in Chaos building facade (plus Black Moon, Haggar Bank and Belger transportation)

Summary

Hope you enjoy! Anything else, just ask.

@bakfromon I’m already doing your request. But I’ll post it later. I decided to do Cestus first because he was more specific (and that was quick). Sorry to keep you waiting.

14 Likes